Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: George Washington probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L21

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Post George Washington probably belonged to haplogroup R1b-L21

The first President of the United States, George Washington may well have belonged to R1b-L21>DF13. This deduction is based on the results from the Washington DNA Project where most bearers of that surname belong to various clades under DF13. The only member who claims descend from John Washington (1632-1677), great-grand-father of the 1st US president, belongs to R1b-L21>DF13>ZZ10>Z253>Z2186>BY2744.

George Washington's ancestors hailed from Oxfordshire, and before that from Lancashire. Washington is a relatively rare surname and was originally distributed exactly in those two regions according to the 1881 survey.

Last edited by Maciamo; 18-05-20 at 13:23.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.