Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Tatars autosomal genetics

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Tatars autosomal genetics

    Was curious,anyone knows some autosomal results for Tatar people?

  2. #2
    Regular Member John Doe's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-06-14
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    599

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

    Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I reckon an average Crimean Tatar would get on K15 mainly West Asian, perhaps some Eastern Euro? And some more, on 23andme they'd probably get a lot of Central/East Asian and Eastern European. But these are just speculations.


    Edit:

    I got the K15 spreadsheet, no Tatars but here's the result for Turkmen:
    North Sea: 4%
    Atlantic: 3%
    Baltic: 3%
    Eastern Euro: 10%
    West Med: 2%
    West Asian: 28%
    East Med: 19%
    Red sea: 3%
    South Asian: 14%
    Southeast Asian: 5%
    Siberian: 7%
    Amerindian: 1%

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    I reckon an average Crimean Tatar would get on K15 mainly West Asian, perhaps some Eastern Euro? And some more, on 23andme they'd probably get a lot of Central/East Asian and Eastern European. But these are just speculations.


    Edit:

    I got the K15 spreadsheet, no Tatars but here's the result for Turkmen:
    North Sea: 4%
    Atlantic: 3%
    Baltic: 3%
    Eastern Euro: 10%
    West Med: 2%
    West Asian: 28%
    East Med: 19%
    Red sea: 3%
    South Asian: 14%
    Southeast Asian: 5%
    Siberian: 7%
    Amerindian: 1%
    Is weird how Turkmen got so much South Asian admixture.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    06-06-11
    Posts
    2,651

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    Is weird how Turkmen got so much South Asian admixture.
    Turkmen live on the ancestral lands of very ancient Iranians. BMAC is located around current Turkmenistan and NorthEast Persia. BMAC was homeland of those Aryans that invaded India. Also, Turkmen are very close to modern Iranic people like Kurds (Medes) and Persians. Turkmen are practically Iranic people with lots of NorthEast Eurasian (Mongoloid) admixture. There's lots of Caucaso-Gedrosia components among Turanic speaking Turkmen.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Goga View Post
    Turkmen live on the ancestral lands of very ancient Iranians. BMAC is located around current Turkmenistan and NorthEast Persia. BMAC was homeland of those Aryans that invaded India. Also, Turkmen are very close to modern Iranic people like Kurds (Medes) and Persians. Turkmen are practically Iranic people with lots of NorthEast Eurasian (Mongoloid) admixture. There's lots of Caucaso-Gedrosia components among Turanic speaking Turkmen.
    I noticed that Kurds have more South Asian admixture,while Farsi people,have fewer South Asian admixture.
    But I doubt even Kurds got that much South Asian admixture,I mean 15%,I know they have like maximum 10% South Asian admixture.
    If Turkic people conquered those Iranic people and those Iranic people were bearing 10% South Asian and Turkic people contributed with 1/3 of DNA,that would make maximum 6.6% South Asian Admixture.
    Anyway,from where is the source of South Asian admixture in Kurds and Farsi people?
    I found another thread on Eupedia which got some results for some Tatar people:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...-DNA-%29/page3
    The image can be better seen here:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...vi-volga-1.png
    No Tatar got significant South Indian admixture,as you can see.
    Most admixture are NE European /West Asian (West Asian,most for Crimeea Tatars).
    One more thing,Tatars got lots of NE European admixture,which is not the case with Turkmens.

  6. #6
    Regular Member John Doe's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-06-14
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    599

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

    Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    I noticed that Kurds have more South Asian admixture,while Farsi people,have fewer South Asian admixture.
    But I doubt even Kurds got that much South Asian admixture,I mean 15%,I know they have like maximum 10% South Asian admixture.
    If Turkic people conquered those Iranic people and those Iranic people were bearing 10% South Asian and Turkic people contributed with 1/3 of DNA,that would make maximum 6.6% South Asian Admixture.
    Anyway,from where is the source of South Asian admixture in Kurds and Farsi people?
    I found another thread on Eupedia which got some results for some Tatar people:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...-DNA-%29/page3
    The image can be better seen here:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...vi-volga-1.png
    No Tatar got significant South Indian admixture,as you can see.
    Most admixture are NE European /West Asian (West Asian,most for Crimeea Tatars).
    One more thing,Tatars got lots of NE European admixture,which is not the case with Turkmens.
    I reckon it comes mainly from the last 1,500 years, since the Turkic invasions began.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    I reckon an average Crimean Tatar would get on K15 mainly West Asian, perhaps some Eastern Euro? And some more, on 23andme they'd probably get a lot of Central/East Asian and Eastern European. But these are just speculations.


    Edit:

    I got the K15 spreadsheet, no Tatars but here's the result for Turkmen:
    North Sea: 4%
    Atlantic: 3%
    Baltic: 3%
    Eastern Euro: 10%
    West Med: 2%
    West Asian: 28%
    East Med: 19%
    Red sea: 3%
    South Asian: 14%
    Southeast Asian: 5%
    Siberian: 7%
    Amerindian: 1%
    Here is the Tatars :

    North Sea: 14.4%
    Atlantic: 10.7%
    Baltic: 16.2%
    Eastern Euro: 22.2%
    West Med: 2.7%
    West Asian: 9.6%
    East Med: 1.4%
    Red sea: 0.7%
    South Asian: 2.4%
    Southeast Asian: 3.0%
    Siberian: 14.2%
    Amerindian: 1.7%

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Here is the Tatars :

    North Sea: 14.4%
    Atlantic: 10.7%
    Baltic: 16.2%
    Eastern Euro: 22.2%
    West Med: 2.7%
    West Asian: 9.6%
    East Med: 1.4%
    Red sea: 0.7%
    South Asian: 2.4%
    Southeast Asian: 3.0%
    Siberian: 14.2%
    Amerindian: 1.7%
    Thanks a lot.
    This test has also Central Asian admixture?
    I was reading theories that Tatars are mainly Fino-Ugrian which mixed/were conquered by Mongolians and these autosomal results confirm that theory.

  9. #9
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Here is the Tatars :

    North Sea: 14.4%
    Atlantic: 10.7%
    Baltic: 16.2%
    Eastern Euro: 22.2%
    West Med: 2.7%
    West Asian: 9.6%
    East Med: 1.4%
    Red sea: 0.7%
    South Asian: 2.4%
    Southeast Asian: 3.0%
    Siberian: 14.2%
    Amerindian: 1.7%
    Where is this Tatar(s) from?
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  10. #10
    Regular Member AgnusDei's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-06-14
    Age
    34
    Posts
    60

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M84
    MtDNA haplogroup
    L1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Algerian
    Country: Algeria



    1 members found this post helpful.
    There was a Russian lady with Tartar ancestry on ABF .
    If I remember correctly,her 23andme results didn't differ much from other Russian posters on the forum,she was slightly Asian shifted tho .

  11. #11
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgnusDei View Post
    There was a Russian lady with Tartar ancestry on ABF .
    If I remember correctly,her 23andme results didn't differ much from other Russian posters on the forum,she was slightly Asian shifted tho .
    They scattered all across from Central Asia to Eastern Europe almost one thousand years ago. They've crossed with many communities during this time. Tatar from Tatarstan will have different results than Tatar from Poland or Crimea, I suppose.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by AgnusDei View Post
    There was a Russian lady with Tartar ancestry on ABF .
    If I remember correctly,her 23andme results didn't differ much from other Russian posters on the forum,she was slightly Asian shifted tho .
    So it seems actually Tatars are rather NE European people with some Mongolian and Siberian admixture,conquered and assimilated by Turkic people.
    Later,they started to raid in Eastern Europe.
    Very interesting how genetic autosomal tests start to present the truth,which some might not like.

  13. #13
    Red Baron Engel's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-02-14
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    78

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1

    Ethnic group
    Aryan
    Country: USA - Texas



    Just wondering if they are predominantly y dna R1a?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Just wondering if they are predominantly y dna R1a?
    http://www.idosi.org/mejsr/mejsr17%284%2913/15.pdf
    This is what I found,more relevant.
    They have mostly N1C,23.5% of their paternal lines,followed by R1A,21.6%.
    They are clustering between Komi and Chuvash people,with Komi being Ugrian speaking people while Chuvash being Turkic speakers.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Just wondering if they are predominantly y dna R1a?
    Here in Eupedia you got some haplogropus for Tatars (under Russia) :

    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/europe...logroups.shtml

  16. #16
    Elite member
    Join Date
    21-01-14
    Posts
    533


    Country: UK - Wales



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    So it seems actually Tatars are rather NE European people with some Mongolian and Siberian admixture,conquered and assimilated by Turkic people. Later,they started to raid in Eastern Europe. Very interesting how genetic autosomal tests start to present the truth,which some might not like.
    I think slavery may be very important here.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Khanate

    "Fisher estimates that in the sixteenth century the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth lost around 20,000 individuals a year and that from 1474 to 1694, as many as a million Commonwealth citizens were carried off into Crimean slavery.[11]"


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery...very_in_Russia

    "In Crimea, about 75% of the population consisted of slaves.[40]"

    The Tatars might be an example of a steppe raider population gradually becoming (autosomally) the same as the population they raid.




  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Here in Eupedia you got some haplogropus for Tatars (under Russia) :

    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/europe...logroups.shtml
    The sample for results there is not that large.
    I think are not so reliable studies for Tatars till now,but is clear that N1C+R1a makes most of Tatar paternal lines.
    Which shows that they are clearly NE Europeans.

  18. #18
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Greying Wanderer View Post
    I think slavery may be very important here.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Khanate

    "Fisher estimates that in the sixteenth century the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth lost around 20,000 individuals a year and that from 1474 to 1694, as many as a million Commonwealth citizens were carried off into Crimean slavery.[11]"


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery...very_in_Russia

    "In Crimea, about 75% of the population consisted of slaves.[40]"

    The Tatars might be an example of a steppe raider population gradually becoming (autosomally) the same as the population they raid.



    I think this is most probable scenario explaining why Tatars are indistinguishable from locals. They are culturally Tatars but genetically locals.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    943

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Greying Wanderer View Post
    I think slavery may be very important here.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Khanate

    "Fisher estimates that in the sixteenth century the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth lost around 20,000 individuals a year and that from 1474 to 1694, as many as a million Commonwealth citizens were carried off into Crimean slavery.[11]"


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery...very_in_Russia

    "In Crimea, about 75% of the population consisted of slaves.[40]"

    The Tatars might be an example of a steppe raider population gradually becoming (autosomally) the same as the population they raid.



    Wondering what HGs were carrying and how autosomal genetics of Tatars were around 1000 AD.

  20. #20
    Regular Member John Doe's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-06-14
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    599

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

    Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    Wondering what HGs were carrying and how autosomal genetics of Tatars were around 1000 AD.
    I reckon Q was in abundance. Don't forget, to this day, there are Tatars, from Tatarstan, which is located in the Volga region, and the Crimean Tatars, from the Crimea. The former probably retained much of their Central Asia appearance and genetics, the latter probably adopted East European appearances/genetics through intermarriage, I saw many Crimean Tatars that are Blonde Blue eyed, could be mistaken for Slavs, but then they strike you by calling god "Allah".

  21. #21
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,646

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    A recent photo of Crimean Tatars from Ukrainian units fighting against the Russians in Donbass:


  22. #22
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    A recent photo of Crimean Tatars from Ukrainian units fighting against the Russians in Donbass:
    It has not much to do with Tatar's genetics. Should we move it to Crimean thread?
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...nian-conflict)

  23. #23
    Regular Member cylnlts's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-11-16
    Posts
    34


    Country: Turkey



    Calculator ?? for Tatars

    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    This test has also Central Asian admixture?
    I was reading theories that Tatars are mainly Fino-Ugrian which mixed/were conquered by Mongolians and these autosomal results confirm that theory.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-02-17
    Posts
    106


    Country: Turkey



    Tatar are very mixed between Turkmen, and even I think some mongol. As I know red hair is very common among them also which I am guessing came from mongloid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •