A Stunning Find in Kurdistan

Despite what Wikipedia says. Urartians are very unlikely proto-Armenians. claiming Urartians to be an ethnicity which didn't even existed so far back is based on chauvinistic viewpoint and has not much to do with science. Urartians are an "isolated group"(or yet unidentified). Armenians probably have some Urartian admixture but a Phrygian origin is allot more likely.

I supported the Brygian admixture in Kurds many times, it seems to exist but pure, if I remember correct,

Kurds is a strange case,

we know they are IE, but their inner name could be Summerian, the split to major tribes, could show many,
Histprically we find them as Καρδουχοι in Alexander's campaign near Zagros Mountains, big archers which tends to both Aryans (Αορ = bow) And Scythians (Skuda= shooter arrow)

The name kurds for me comes from either dancers (Κουρητες) or from Summerian Kur = mountain

their language is heavily Iranized, while their proto language could be an ancient PIE or Anatolian, or seems more correct for me a Georgio-Iranian.

I supported the Brygian admixture in Kurds many times, it seems to exist but pure, if I remember correct,

Kurds is a strange case,

we know they are IE, but their inner name could be Summerian, the split to major tribes, could show many,
Histprically we find them as Καρδουχοι in Alexander's campaign near Zagros Mountains, big archers which tends to both Aryans (Αορ = bow) And Scythians (Skuda= shooter arrow)

The name kurds for me comes from either dancers (Κουρητες) or from Summerian Kur = mountain

their language is heavily Iranized, while their proto language could be an ancient PIE or Anatolian, or seems more correct for me a Georgio-Iranian.

There is Phrygian admixture in Kurds without a doubt (Balkan affinities are visible in J2b, Ev-13 and I2* levels) but it's just admixture. Corduene also known as Gordyene was a vasal state with people speaking an medic_Scythian language and beeing of Gutian origin while worshipping Teshub the Hurrian sky God as well the nature (Old Iranic nature religion) but the name of this vasal State is derived from the Phrygian capital Gordion.

The Phrygian admixture is one of the factors what connects Kurds and Armenians, but contrary to Kurds the Armenians are probably direct descends of the Phrygians while Kurds have just been affected by Phrygians.

We need to understand the meaning of Kurd.

Kurd (similar case with Turk) mean originally had this meaning. 1. it was a geographic term describing the mountainous region around Lake Van and mount Cudi modern day "Eastern Anatolia" and North Mesopotamia. 2. It was a synonym for proto Iranic nomad tribes. The Kurti from Lake Van are believed by some scientist to have been either Scythians or some proto_Iranic nomadic group. I even believe that the very name of Balkan Scythians, the Skudra derives from the word Kurd (nomadic mountain warrriors).

The Kurds started to call themselves Kurd more recently, instead when you asked a Kurd in his language what ethnicity he is, he usually asnwered as Kurmanj/Kirmanj (Kur= again association with mountains ?) or Goran, which means herder of the mountains (again association with mountains Gor = Kur? since an is addition to names and tribes in Iranic) or Zoran because Kurdistan (Land of mountains?) was more a geographic description.

Some people believe that the term Kurd, Kur derive from the Gutians who were also known and described as mountainous people. Some people even believe that the word Kur for mountain in Sumerian was inspired by the ethnic name of the Gutians who came into contact with Sumerians.

My own hypothesis is this. Until now there is no single evidence that the Medes penetrated into Kurdistan directly from East. Instead there are historical records that they settled in the Zagros mountains coming from West. If there was a migration from the Steppes into Kurdistan than it was likely in form of Gutians who first setted around Lake Van (coming from East or through the Caucasus mountains) and later spred around the region. I believe these Kur people in North Kurdistan were the early Gutians and they were identical (the same) as the Kurti of Lake Van. Among some of the names used for Gutians are Qardu, Kardu Karda, Qurti, Kuti, Guti and Kurti probably belongs to this list. They and the Urartians were described as fair featured (compared to the darker haired South Mesopotamians). I even go that far and claim the very name of Urartu is derived from the Kardu form of the Gutians. I believe that the Gutians are those Indo-Iranians of Mitanni who became the Medes when Assyrians captured Mitanni.

Think about it when the Gutians dissapear in the history books, suddenly the Mitanni appear, when Mitanni dissapear suddenly Medes appear. I even have historic confirmation for my hypothesis. Cyrus generally associates the Medes with Gutians. He goes so far and calls all Medes simply Gutians. Heredotus on the other sees the Medes and the early Mitannis as the same people.

Only one source
In the first millennium BC, the term "Gutium" was used to refer to the region between the Zagros and the Tigris, also known as western Media. All tribes to the east and northeast who often had hostile relations with the peoples of lowland Mesopotamia, were referred to as Gutian [11] or Guti. Assyrian royal annals use the term Gutians to refer to Iranian populations otherwise known as Medes or Mannaeans; and as late as the reign of Cyrus the Great of Persia, the famous general Gubaru (Gobryas) was described as the "governor of Gutium".

Last edited:
People of R* Haplogroup generally tend to show East Eurasian affinities in their looks. If you saw me in my child age you would think I have some East Eurasian ancestry but my genetic profile only shows 1% East Eurasian genes while the average Kurd has 1-2%. Interestingly in some calculators where there is an Amerindian component I show no Siberian, East Asian but 2.7% Amerindian. It is true that some Turkic groups have been integrated into the Kurdish community but it didn't effect the genetics significantly.

OK thanks. I do see differences between Turkish Kurds and the Sorani speaking ones from Iraq in appearance. I haven't seen much Syrians, so my experience on classifying them is very limited. The Kurds of Iraq often remind me of being similar in posture to some Afghans. Same type of body and skull maybe, but Kurds seem shorter on average compare to Afghans. Both are Iranids so this would be ofcourse an explanation.

There is Phrygian admixture in Kurds without a doubt (Balkan affinities are visible in J2b, Ev-13 and I2* levels) but it's more restricted to Northern Kurds. Corduene also known as Gordyene was a vasal state with people speaking an medic_Scythian language and beeing of Gutian origin while worshipping Teshub the Hurrian sky God as well the nature (Old Iranic nature religion) but the name of this vasal State is derived from the Phrygian capital Gordion.

The Phrygian and Urartian admixture is what connects Kurds and Armenians, but contrary to Kurds the Armenians are probably direct descends of the Phrygians.

We need to understand the meaning of Kurd.

Kurd (similar case with Turk) mean originally had this meaning. 1. it was a geographic term describing the mountainous region around Lake Van and mount Cudi modern day "Eastern Anatolia" and North Mesopotamia. 2. It was a synonym for proto Iranic nomad tribes. The Kurti from Lake Van are believed by some scientist to have been either Scythians or some proto_Iranic nomadic group. I even believe that the very name of Balkan Scythians, the Skudra derives from the word Kurd (nomadic warrriors).

The Kurds themselves just recently started to call themselves Kurd, instead when you asked a Kurd in his language what ethnicity he is, he usually asnwered as Kurmanj/Kirmanj (Kur= again association with mountains ?) or Goran, which means herder of the mountains (again association with mountains Gor = Kur? since an is addition to names and tribes in Iranic) or Zoran.

Some people believe that the term Kurd, Kur derive from the Gutians who were also known as described as mountainous people. Some people even believe that the word Kur for mountain in Sumerian was inspired by the ethnic name of the Gutians who came into contact with Sumerians.

My own hypothesis is this. Until now there is no single evidence that the Medes penetrated into Kurdistan from East. Instead there are historical records that they settled in the Zagros mountains coming from West. If there was a migration from the Steppes into Kurdistan than it was likely through the Caucasus. I believe these Kur people in North Kurdistan were the early Gutians and they were identical (the same) as the Kurti of Lake Van. Among some of the names used for Gutians are Qardu, Kardu Karda, Qurti, Kuti, Guti and Kurti probably belongs to this list. They and the Urartians were described as fair featured (compared to the darker haired South Mesopotamians). I even go that far and claim the very name of Urartu is derived from the Kardu form of the Gutians. I believe that the Gutians are those Indo-Iranians of Mitanni who became the Medes when Assyrians captured Mitanni.

Think about it when the Gutians dissapear in the history books, suddenly the Mitanni appear, when Mitanni dissapear suddenly Medes appear. I even have historic confirmation for my hypothesis. Cyrus generally associates the Medes with Gutians. He goes so far and calls all Medes simply Gutians. Heredotus on the other sees the Medes and the early Mitannis as the same people.

Kuh in Persian literally means mountain. For instance "Hindu Kush" in Afghanistan region was actually derived from the Persian: Mountain of Indians, this is the correct explanation.

Kuh in Persian literally means mountain. For instance "Hindu Kush" in Afghanistan region was actually derived from the Persian: Mountain of Indians, this is the correct explanation.

Thanks, I Didn't know that, another evidence for my hypothesis. That Kur in meaning is an association with Mountains and nomadic mountain herders.

There is even an old saying among Kurds. "No Friends but the mountains".

just for fun accept the spell ....
do you know what afganistan means?
or an alternative explanation for Indokush or Indos India,

There are significant linguistic links between Serbian and old dialects of Armenian (Nagorno). A lot of old Armenian words have etymologies in Serbian...I2a is definitely a link.

Also this is very interesting:

By far most Evroasian people use Milk or cow, sheep way metaphor to describe our galaxy. All of these names for our galaxy which are linked to milk have root in nomadic herding people. The second most common metaphor used in Evroasia to describe our galaxy is birds way. This is again linked to migration.

But in Serbo Croatian, Persian, Arabic, Turkish, Armenian, Kirgiz, Uighur, Uzbek, Chechen tradition, the metaphor for our galaxy is linked to straw, hay. What is connection between these people?

This thread has been viewed 18555 times.

Back