Is anyone here of haplogroup U2e?

MtDNA

Flagmaker of Haplogroups
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Persian
mtDNA haplogroup
U2e1
Hello, does anyone else here belong to haplogroup U2e?
I've known my affiliation for over three years.
Also, let's discuss this haplogroup.

I don't know anyone in person who has U2e, but on the Chinese molecular anthropology forum ranhaer there was a guy from Shandong who had U2e. His Y-DNA was O3a4.

I don't know anyone in person who has U2e, but on the Chinese molecular anthropology forum ranhaer there was a guy from Shandong who had U2e. His Y-DNA was O3a4.

I'm mtDna U2e. I met quite a few U2e people on 23andme, although none of them were from Italy as I am. Mostly German background if I recall correctly. My own closest two matches were colonial American of Irish ancestry and Swiss German.

We've discussed mtDna U2e on other threads here.

See:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/29163-New-map-of-mtDNA-haplogroup-U2http:/

www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/29413-mtdna-U2e1b http://

www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/25572-30-000-year-old-Russian-U2-sheds-light-on-Indo-European-migrations

Angela said:
I'm mtDna U2e.

Your great-great-great... grandma was a Mesolithic Eastern European.

Who would have expected given your very Pro-ENF stance...
:grin:

Here are some Upper Paleolithic and Mesolithic Europe-specific mtDNA:

U8a
U8c
U5b
U5a2
U5a1
U4
U2e
U2d2

Probably also:

K1c
C1g

My dad was probably R1b U-152 as well, given the results in his area. So there it goes.

As far as autosomes are concerned, once I discovered, all the way back when I first got my 23andme results and ran them through the Dodecad calculator, that genetically I fit exactly where I should on PCAs and in admixture in light of my father's and mother's ancestral areas, I rather lost interest in it. What more do I need to know?

I'm also not interested in genealogy anymore. It was older family members who basically did my family trees. I just filled in where there were gaps. Once it was done, back to the mid -1500s in almost all my lines, I wondered why I had bothered. Some fun stuff turned up, like a possible pirate from Rimini, some disconcerting stuff, like the name of the local robber baron, which I choose to believe was acquired because a retainer took the lord's name, but other than that we've been attached like limpets to our patches of this earth, many admirable people, some not so admirable, but how much dna is left of them in me?

My love and loyalty are for the people I've known who have loved me, and been loyal to me, some of my "blood", but many not.

This is all an intellectual interest, nothing more. I don't analyze data, or interpret the results of archaeology or the facts of history, or make judgments about human behavior based on my own personal genetics. I would consider that dishonest.

U2e is WHG (Blätterhöhle, Germany 10.6-11.2 ka), it also spread east with Swiderian (13 ka Poland) - Kunda (Lithuania ) - Narva and arrived among EHG that way
C1g is Siberian
K1 is Central Anatolia PPN & PN (K1a) and Greece Mesolithic (K1c), K1b first appeared in Barcin

U2 has been in Europe since the Paleolithic. Kostenki from Russia was U2; so was Goyet in Belgium, and so was a Gravettian sample from Italy. (29,310-28,640 cal BP)

http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/palaeolithicdna.shtml

The first U2e was indeed from Blatterhole, but I don't know if that is definitely the place of "origin". There was certainly U2e in the steppe and all the way to China.

In terms of U2e in modern populations I'd say it's thinly but widely spread with some hotspots.

I don't know if our map is up to date. I thought there was quite a bit from Provence, which doesn't show here.

mtDNA-U2-map.png

There was certainly U2e in the steppe and all the way to China.

Yeah it came there with with Indo-Europeans and their EHG ancestry.

In Western China (Altai & Xinjiang) U2e was found in Caucasoid remains.

K1 is Central Anatolia PPN & PN (K1a) and Greece Mesolithic (K1c), K1b first appeared in Barcin

Yes I mentioned K1c because it was found among Mesolithic hunters in Greece.

And C1g was found in Mesolithic Karelia. By the way C1g could perhaps be a back-migration from North America.

U6 was Paleolithic European, but then emigrated to North Africa from Europe, and not many U6s left in Europe.

U2 has been in Europe since the Paleolithic. Kostenki from Russia was U2; so was Goyet in Belgium, and so was a Gravettian sample from Italy. (29,310-28,640 cal BP)

http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/palaeolithicdna.shtml

The first U2e was indeed from Blatterhole, but I don't know if that is definitely the place of "origin". There was certainly U2e in the steppe and all the way to China.

In terms of U2e in modern populations I'd say it's thinly but widely spread with some hotspots.

I don't know if our map is up to date. I thought there was quite a bit from Provence, which doesn't show here.

mtDNA-U2-map.png

Blätterhöhle is not the origin of U2e. But 11 ka Blätterhöhle is 100 % WHG (like all western Europe 7.5-15.5 ka).
If it got to eastern Europe via Swiderian culture, as I assume, then it should also have been in SW Poland 13 ka.
Because of 100% WHG, I suspect an origin in S-France/Spanish Pyrenees LGM refugium or an origin with the Villabrunans is SE Europe/Anatolia.
EHG admixture in western Europe started to seep in through Scandinavia 7.5 ka, but WHG got into Lithuania area before that via Swiderian-Kunda culture.
That is why Karelian HG and even Khvalynsk have some WHG admixture (15% and 7%).

Yeah it came there with with Indo-Europeans and their EHG ancestry.

In Western China (Altai & Xinjiang) U2e was found in Caucasoid remains.

Maybe even earlier, there was R1a1 in EN Kitoi culture, Bajkal area 8 ka

Yes I mentioned K1c because it was found among Mesolithic hunters in Greece.

And C1g was found in Mesolithic Karelia. By the way C1g could perhaps be a back-migration from North America.

U6 was Paleolithic European, but then emigrated to North Africa from Europe, and not many U6s left in Europe.

C1g came with pottery from Siberia, cfr Elshanka culture 9 ka
I guess U6 is SW Asian in origin, U6 also spread through Nile Delta ca 22 ka into Halfan (Upper Nile) and Ibero-Maurisian (Atlas Mts).

I belong to U2e. Results from 23andme. I'm a newbie to the whole DNA thing. Very interesting!

[h=3]U2e1 here as well. Of Russian, Ukrainian and Polish ancestry. Living in Canada.[/h]

Hi!
I have just received my 23andme analysis and I belong to U2e1a. I still have to read about this!
Nice to meet you all :)

Welcome, Agile. Just use the search engine. There's quite a bit of information here.

U2e2a1a - Maternal line is Italian. Matches are mostly northern Euro.

Hello to everybody. My halpogroup is U2e1. Originally from Pamir-Alay (Fergana Valley). Live in USA. I didn’t find any similarity with halpogroups of my nationality. When I see the pictures of people from Murlo Italy (most people of Murlo has also U2e1). I found that my face type and my skin looks exactly same with this people. If anybody has explanation of this fact. Thank you.

This thread has been viewed 29695 times.

Back