New Archaiological discoverie in Makedonian tomps, could be Great Alexander's family?

Who you believe is the owner of the tomp?

• Alexander the great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roxane Alexander's wife

• Alaxandros 4rth son of Alexander

• Heracles son of Alexander

• Olympias mother of alexander

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Phillip 3rd son of Phillip 2 (other wife)

• Kassandros son of antipatros

• Hephaestion Alexander's friend

• Antigonos monophtalmos Alexander's general

• Polyperchon Phillip 2 general

• Androsthenes Alexander's admiral

• Nearchos Alexander's admiral

• Laomedon Alexander's admiral

• Agnon and Athenean army

• Brasidas and spartan army

• an empty memorial tomp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really understand but you show a Minoan goddess in the picture,the figurines were found only in house sanctuaries, where the figurine appears as "the goddess of the household", and they are probably (according to Burkert) related with the Paleolithic tradition regarding women and domesticity,likewise the oracle at Dodona numerous authors are saying that is being build by "Pelasgians" and one of the earliest oracles in Greece,predates the Greek settlement,as far i know earth goddess Dione is worshiped there,kind of Oceanid nymphs,water goddess and Dodonean Zeus,it is called Dodonean Zeus cause it is worshiped for different purpose than Zeus in mainland Greece, if you find Zeus that mean a "sky father" just like Juppiter or others but there is debate what was the original name of this Indo-European god,according to traditions Dione was mother of Venus and Aphrodite at least in Greco-Roman mythologies,but according to Orphic worshipers she was daughter of Gaia and Uranus,search for the ritual Dodola you can see connection with this deity.
Don't know if you want to make out of the Macedonians kind of proto-type people,but the religions are shared by different populations,they are not connected to one specific people,especialy not among Indo-Europeans.

As for Glycon i can find this
At least initially, the cult did not worship an abstraction or a spirit of a snake but an actual, physical serpent that was said to embody the god. According to the cult's mythology, the snake appeared after Alexander had foretold the coming of a new incarnation of Asclepius. When the people gathered in the marketplace of Abonutichus at noon, when the incarnation was supposed to occur, Alexander produced a goose egg and sliced it open, revealing the god within. Within a week it grew to the size of a man with the features of a man on its face, including long blond hair. At this point the figure resembling this description was apparently a puppet that appeared in the temple. In some references Glycon was a trained snake with a puppet head.

As with previous Macedonian snake cults, the focus of worship at the temple was on fertility. Barren women would bring offerings to Glycon in hopes of becoming pregnant. According to Lucian, Alexander had less magical ways of causing pregnancy among his flock as well. The god was also believed to offer protection against the plague.

It is kind of a continuation of cult of Asclepius,also the same healer god Darrhon was worshiped by the Derrones,Macedonians and Paeonians.

That is a Summerian symbol

220px-Ningizzida.jpg

The cretan figurine is a Minoan Priest,
now how many snakes live in the North of Europe? or at least North of Istros?
could snake religion be combined with early IE? guess not,

I really do not understand were you are guiding me,
I just said that snake culture/religion is not one,
and the mark tree/snake that is mentioned even from Homer and 'prophet Kalhas' is clearly a Dodona Zeus mark,
and Zeus was not a Pelasgian deity, but a Greek deity, although even today many argue about Driopes or IE origin of Oracle

Apollo had a snake as mark but a tripod, and if you search all 'prophets' had a snake as a mark
Hera also had power upon snakes but as 'angel of Death'
Asclepius and Hermes as medicins
Yetos with all due respect don't know how much we understand eachother here is quote from Strabo for example;
This oracle, according to Ephorus, was founded by the Pelasgi. And the Pelasgi are called the earliest of all peoples who have held dominion in Greece.

The earliest mention of Dodona is in Homer, and only Zeus is mentioned in this account. In the Iliad (circa 750 BCE),Achilles prays to "High Zeus, Lord of Dodona, Pelasgian, living afar off, brooding over wintry Dodona"

It is Greek or it become Greek,however the language was spreading i will not judge.
Now when you talk about Zeus as Greek and not Pelasgian,you are right but to tell you that all Indo-Europeans had their "Zeus" in their respective languages.Latin writers reffer to him as Jupiter,we all have a name for "sky father" in our languages.

Last edited:
@ Milan

don't mix Πελειαδες (pιgon) of Herodotus, or the Πελιες (elders-ΓΡΑΙΟΙ (Greeks)) of Strabo with Pelasgians,

Dodona was inhabited by Σελλοι ορ Ελλοι

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selloi

simply before IE settle there, it might exist a previous a female deity, which Herodotus connect it with Egypt and Libya (3 pigons symbol)

I am familiar with that Yetos,Strabo say Pelasgians,also in the Illiad Zeus is called Pelasgian at Dodona,
Herodotus based his story that the priestess were Egyptians or Libyan cause the Peleiades(doves) at the oracle is said to be black,the oracle is connected with Peleiades(doves) in the oak tree that speak-tell prophecy,not much relevant Pelasgian or not after all.
Enough for Dodona.
Looking forward something about Macedonians.

Last edited:
@ milan

Herodotus names Πελειαδα ανδ μελαινα (female pigeon and black) not Pelasgians
Strabo names Πελιες (means old) compare mount Pelion, father of Achilles Πηλεας

WHEN ALEXANDER SAY Δεδιωκτε τοις Πελασοι does not say throw away the Pelasgians, but the counsil of elders

I Do not know why,
But I hope that will not be like Agamemnon's mummy,

They found Skeleton Bones in the tomb,

It was supposed they moved it to Manchester UK to make face reconstruction
and from there to possible DNA analysis.

Yet 2 years after and nothing,

It would very interesting to have at least a face reconstruction.

you are so provocative, but you know nothing,

THE GREEK ALPHABET IS ΚΥΜΗ CYME ALPHABET,
THE ALPHABET THAT YOU USE, THE LATIN ALPHABET IS AN INVASION OF GREEKS,
SIMPLY LATER GREEKS ADOPT THE PHOENICIAN.

Its name refers to the peninsula of Cyme in Euboea. The colony was also the entry point in the Italian peninsula for the Euboean alphabet, the local variant of the Greek alphabet used by its colonists, a variant of which was adapted and modified by the Etruscans and then by the Romans and became the Latin alphabet still used worldwide today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumae

your hate blind you,
DO YOU LEARN YOUR CHILDREN IMN ALBANIA SUCH CRUP?

UNDERSTAND IT, THERE IS NO LATIN ALPHABET, ONLY GREEK AND PHOENICIAN.

Perhaps in Albania since you claim that you are homeland of Dorians can explain us why?
why you adopted Greek Alphabet at 1500 AD?
cause you were not even there,
EVEN THRACIANS ADOPTED GREEK OR PHOENICAIN AT 400 BC, AND SLAVS CYRIILIC AT 800 AD
THAT INDICATES THAT YOUR MASSIVE POPULATION WAS NOT LOCAL BALKANIC.

now tell us, plz
At your schools you teach you teach your children the Muller 1825 theory that Alexander was Illyrian although all discoveries from 1825 and after show the opposite?

Have ever heard what is found centuries after Muller, and simply is same with what Hesychius of Alexandreia wrote in Lexicon?
I guess not,
but simply
In Greek schools we teach that Alexander was Makedonian, and as Makedonian was Hellen, 'Ο ΜΕΓΙΣΤΟΣ ΤΩΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ'
tell us in your schools what you teach? Alexander the Greatest of Illyrians?

This language argument is stupid, according to this whoever adopted Greek alphabet is Greek...... look at this Ilirian tribe that has fully adopted Greek alphabet for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daorson , are they Greek ...??? If they are Greek also Macedonian are Greek...lets wait for the Dna proof hopefully that will settle this. I wondering why there is no DNA coming from this tombs.....why Greek are not showing us any DNA from Macedonian times????!!!! This smells [emoji225] [emoji226] [emoji476]

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

This language argument is stupid, according to this whoever adopted Greek alphabet is Greek...... look at this Ilirian tribe that has fully adopted Greek alphabet for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daorson , are they Greek ...??? If they are Greek also Macedonian are Greek...lets wait for the Dna proof hopefully that will settle this. I wondering why there is no DNA coming from this tombs.....why Greek are not showing us any DNA from Macedonian times????!!!! This smells [emoji225] [emoji226] [emoji476]

Illyrians also used the Hellenic alphabet
http://prntscr.com/j2ggf1

The Latin alphabet is based on that of the Etruscans, which was the same with that of Lemnos.

Etruscans migrated to Italy from Corinth, and 100 years ago 85% of the population of Corinth were Albanian speakers, which is the only language that can explain the Etruscan inscriptions, and also can explain the words for the letters of the Hellenic alphabet that modern Greeks can't,
proving that Albanian is the original language of Pelloponesus and Attika that later was replace by Byzantine church.

Map of Arvanite settlements in modern Greece, end of 19th beginning of 20th century.
[url=https://ibb.co/bQ4BPx][/URL]

Illyrians also used the Hellenic alphabet
http://prntscr.com/j2ggf1

The Latin alphabet is based on that of the Etruscans, which was the same with that of Lemnos.

Etruscans migrated to Italy from Corinth, and 100 years ago 85% of the population of Corinth were Albanian speakers, which is the only language that can explain the Etruscan inscriptions, and also can explain the words for the letters of the Hellenic alphabet that modern Greeks can't,
proving that Albanian is the original language of Pelloponesus and Attika that later was replace by Byzantine church.

Map of Arvanite settlements in modern Greece, end of 19th beginning of 20th century.

Even if every single word of what you say is true, you cannot expect anyone to believe you with such a different established consensus. If you have news of some catastrophe that will come, but you find yourself in
the middle of china, it doesn't matter how true what you say is since nobody will understand the content of what you say.

Now, if what you say is true, you CANT expect people to believe you with so LITTLE evidence.

This is the established consensus that you have to argue against:

30073058_2002601283393713_9151019402366298242_o.jpg

The consensus now is that the classical Latin alphabet is derived from a form of the Cumaean Greek version of the Greek alphabet, used by the Etruscans.

If you believe your theory to be true, better to first develop your theory on your own until they can make sense to the hundreds of academics that believe something else. If you want to convince people
you have to speak a shared language right? If you dont want to convince people why post at all? Make up your mind what you want first, then start posting

Even if every single word of what you say is true, you cannot expect anyone to believe you with such a different established consensus. If you have news of some catastrophe that will come, but you find yourself in
the middle of china, it doesn't matter how true what you say is since nobody will understand the content of what you say.

Now, if what you say is true, you CANT expect people to believe you with so LITTLE evidence.

This is the established consensus that you have to argue against:

30073058_2002601283393713_9151019402366298242_o.jpg

The consensus now is that the classical Latin alphabet is derived from a form of the Cumaean Greek version of the Greek alphabet, used by the Etruscans.

If you believe your theory to be true, better to first develop your theory on your own until they can make sense to the hundreds of academics that believe something else. If you want to convince people
you have to speak a shared language right? If you dont want to convince people why post at all? Make up your mind what you want first, then start posting

Very interesting chart

This is a thread on whether the remains in this tomb could be those of Alexander. It is not a thread on linguistics, much less any totally unsupported claim that the Etruscans came from Corinth.

Please take the discussion to an appropriate area of the site.

This is a thread on whether the remains in this tomb could be those of Alexander. It is not a thread on linguistics, much less any totally unsupported claim that the Etruscans came from Corinth.

Please take the discussion to an appropriate area of the site.

My bad Angela,

Claims that Greeks invented Latin alphabet are also out of this topic though,

This thread has been viewed 65234 times.

Back