me prejardhje nga Juniku Kosove
    fisi Morina nga Mirdita Shqiperi

hi to all

i am Bersant Selmani albanian from Prishtina Kosova
    haplogroup I2c
    region of origin Junik Kosova
    Morina clan from Mirdita Albania

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

Quote Originally Posted by bersantselmani View Post
    Pershendetje te gjitheve

un jam Bersant Selmani shqiptar nga Prishtina Kosove
    haplogrupi I2c
    me prejardhje nga Juniku Kosove
    fisi Morina nga Mirdita Shqiperi

hi to all

i am Bersant Selmani albanian from Prishtina Kosova
    haplogroup I2c
    region of origin Junik Kosova
    Morina clan from Mirdita Albania
    Si je Bersant?

Un jam nga Dibres Vogel.

Prejardhje nga Mirdita.

Haplogroup R1a.

My family doesn't know when we left Mirdita exactly. Only that our last name originally was Pershpalaj before we went to Diber.

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    This clan business is interesting. Any one has some kind of detailed history of how these clans came to be? Are they created in recent history or there is a possibility much older then that? If people were already mixed in ancient times the probability is that these clans would be pretty mixed too, but only a proper DNA study can determine that. Example there were many misconceptions with some racial separation between Christian and Muslim Lebanese or some kind of Racial purity within Jews. Dna testing seem to have busted these conceptions.
    Recent history, they were result of the Ottoman Empire destroying the governing institutions of medieval Albania; an attempt at reorganizing society. There is a book for them if you want "The Tribes of Albania: History, Society and Culture" by Robert Elsie. Religious intermixing was common.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

From Istog-Vrella
    Krasniqi Clan
    E-V13 via 23andme

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 126

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY611

Quote Originally Posted by Stratioti View Post
    From Istog-Vrella
    Krasniqi Clan
    E-V13 via 23andme
    Hi Stratioti, it would be really great if we could get your sample either at ftdna of yseq to find out your branch/cluster. Do you by any chance know which Krasniqi brotherhood you belong to, and where from you originate prior to Vrella? I will also need your last name so we can list you. Please pm me if you wish or email me (I can pm you my email because I am not allowed to post it here util I have 10 posts)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY611

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Hi Leka,

It can take up to 3 months. I should have my results between march nd end of April. Will update as soon as available.
    Hi Dibra,

I had a chance to look a bit into Preshpalaj, and there is such a family in Spaç, though, they are not related to Spaçi tribe - who are predominantly J2b2-PH1751. They came to Spaç from Kalaj of Kthelle e Eperme.

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Hi again,

My last name is BLAKAJ, dont know how to be more specific about my clan(Krasniqi).
    Prior to Vrella we orginate from Isniq which is a fact and before that there are 2 theories. One that we came from Bjake(Albania) one that we came from Berane(Montenegro).

Mother side came late from Albania, from Mirdite(Clan Morine). Mothers side are catholic still today. Fathers side where catholic a couple generations ago but changed faith to Islam in 19th century.

Do you have any link or guide for "ftdna of yseq" ?

Recommendation Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283

Quote Originally Posted by Stratioti View Post
    Hi again,

My last name is BLAKAJ, dont know how to be more specific about my clan(Krasniqi).
    Prior to Vrella we orginate from Isniq which is a fact and before that there are 2 theories. One that we came from Bjake(Albania) one that we came from Berane(Montenegro).

Mother side came late from Albania, from Mirdite(Clan Morine). Mothers side are catholic still today. Fathers side where catholic a couple generations ago but changed faith to Islam in 19th century.

Do you have any link or guide for "ftdna of yseq" ?
    Interesting. Thanks for this info Stratioti. So you are Blakaj. We do have another Krasniqi-Blakaj tested as E-V13.

Yes, it would be great if you test at FTDNA or YSEQ (minimum Y37), as well as your maternal side (Y-DNA).

To really dig in deeper into the Y-DNA and help our project, we need Albanians to test at either: FTDNA (Y37+) or YSEQ Alpha-Beta (Y37) and join "Albanian Bloodlines" group at YSEQ for results analysis.
    (23andMe, Geno2, LivingDNA are such a low resolution when it comes to Y-DNA).

In addition, you may click here for the links, testing options, and further info.
    Last edited by Trojet; 12-04-17 at 00:58.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY611

Thanks Stratioti! I figured that you're probably Blakaj because I wasn't aware of any other Krasniqi family that lives in Vrelle. Please see the links that Trojet provided and if you need assistance, let us know.

1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 228

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I would encourage more south Albanians to test as well. I would like to see if there's any paternal connection between ghegs and tosks (seems to be in some cases).

Three Friends1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Leka View Post
    Hi Dibra,

I had a chance to look a bit into Preshpalaj, and there is such a family in Spaç, though, they are not related to Spaçi tribe - who are predominantly J2b2-PH1751. They came to Spaç from Kalaj of Kthelle e Eperme.

Hi Leka. My father isn't certain if we were originally Pershpalaj or if a Pershpalaj woman married into the Koci and it got lost in translation.

I spoke to a Albanian guy who has been to orosh in mirdita where the Pershpalaj are predominantly located.

If there is any truth to the oral history, he claims the Pershpalaj descended from a Condottieri named Paul from the Apennines of Italy. He was supposedly hired by Skanderbeg in the 1400s and brought to Albania to fight the Ottomans where he would eventually settle in Mirdita.

I am doing full genomes. So, time will tell if this story holds any merit.

Recommendation Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    For Albanian readers. (The rest should be able to use Google Translate):

http://www.gjenetika.com/perberja-gj...aterore-y-dna/

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Hi Dibra,

I forgot to ask. Forgot about this post. Do you per chance have a way to get into contact with these Pershpalaj in Spac? I would very much like to test them and happily donate towards that end.

Sadly all the Pershpalaj I contacted never responded. The one that did was not comfortable with DNA testing.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY611

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    I forgot to ask. Forgot about this post. Do you per chance have a way to get into contact with these Pershpalaj in Spac? I would very much like to test them and happily donate towards that end.

Sadly all the Pershpalaj I contacted never responded. The one that did was not comfortable with DNA testing.
    Unfortunately I don’t. I ran into that info while reading some ethnographic literature (can’t remember the source at the moment, but I think it might be one of Mark Tirta’s articles/books).

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Unfortunately I don’t. I ran into that info while reading some ethnographic literature (can’t remember the source at the moment, but I think it might be one of Mark Tirta’s articles/books).
    Ok thanks. Sadly none of the ones I reached out to have been responsive. Perhaps one will eventually test on their own.

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611

Замолио бих модераторе да одобре мој претходни коментар на ову тему.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611

Thumbs up

Hi! I am from the village of Sllatina near Vushtrri. I'm a Serb by nationality. My ancestors moved to Sllatina in 1865 from Drenica, from the village Kërlligatë. In Kërligate we moved from the surrounding area of ​​Peje. According to one tradition, we moved to Kosovo from Moraca, but genetics disputed this tradition. According to another tradition, we were Albanians catholic, but we have switched to orthodoxy. Our current surname is Janiqijeviq/Janićijević, and our old surname is Çubrk-Çubruk. We had relatives in villages: Stërnac i Poshtëm and Çubrel. Our relatives from Çubrel moved to the village of Tupalle near Medvegja in 1878 because of the blood feud, their old surname is Qubrak.

I am currently investigating from which tribe/fis my ancestors come. What I managed to find out is that entire northwest Drenica is inhabited exclusively by Albanians from a clan Gashi. Albanians from the Gashi clan live exclusively in the villages: Radishevë, Stërnac i Poshtëm, Kotorr, Kuqicë, Klinë e Epërme, Klinë e Mesme, Klinë e Poshtme, Çubrel, Vitak, Klladërnicë, Lubavec, Kosterc. These first four villages are right next to the village of Kërlligatë and practically surround this village.

A few months ago, I did a test on 37 markers. According to the obtained results, i am belong to haplogroup R1b>L23>Z2103>CTS9219>BY611>Z2705*. On the recommendation of the administrators of the Albanian and Serbian DNA Project I ordered the SNP test Y32147,but unfortunately it was discovered that I did not belong to that branch. I'm currently waiting for someone to appear with whom I will have a close match.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Beki View Post
    Hi! I am from the village of Sllatina near Vushtrri. I'm a Serb by nationality. My ancestors moved to Sllatina in 1865 from Drenica, from the village Kërlligatë. In Kërligate we moved from the surrounding area of ​​Peje. According to one tradition, we moved to Kosovo from Moraca, but genetics disputed this tradition. According to another tradition, we were Albanians catholic, but we have switched to orthodoxy. Our current surname is Janiqijeviq/Janićijević, and our old surname is Çubrk-Çubruk. We had relatives in villages: Stërnac i Poshtëm and Çubrel. Our relatives from Çubrel moved to the village of Tupalle near Medvegja in 1878 because of the blood feud, their old surname is Qubrak.

I am currently investigating from which tribe/fis my ancestors come. What I managed to find out is that entire northwest Drenica is inhabited exclusively by Albanians from a clan Gashi. Albanians from the Gashi clan live exclusively in the villages: Radishevë, Stërnac i Poshtëm, Kotorr, Kuqicë, Klinë e Epërme, Klinë e Mesme, Klinë e Poshtme, Çubrel, Vitak, Klladërnicë, Lubavec, Kosterc. These first four villages are right next to the village of Kërlligatë and practically surround this village.

A few months ago, I did a test on 37 markers. According to the obtained results, i am belong to haplogroup R1b>L23>Z2103>CTS9219>BY611>Z2705*. On the recommendation of the administrators of the Albanian and Serbian DNA Project I ordered the SNP test Y32147,but unfortunately it was discovered that I did not belong to that branch. I'm currently waiting for someone to appear with whom I will have a close match.
    The admins of Albanian bloodlines would be better able to further assist you. I think its certain however that you at least have distant Proto-Albanian origin given this clade BY611 is almost a tell tale sign of Albanian origin. How recent that is would depend on what matches you have. You should test bigy at FTDNA. Perhaps you form a founder effect.

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Interesting, I belong to the same line but positive of Y32147.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611

Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    Interesting, I belong to the same line but positive of Y32147.
    From which tribe/fis are you? R1b-Z2705 is present with almost every Albanian tribe. Even one Gashi belongs to the Z2705 branch, but for him it is assumed that Y32147. To confirm that we are from the fis Gashi, it is necessary to appear some Gashi with which I will have a complete match. In August i will most likely order a BigY test to see if i will form a branch on Yfull and i hope it will help. Soon, more and more Albanians, Serbs, Bosniaks who are the Z2705 will appear on the Yfull tree.

I forgot to write that we have Albanian relatives in the village Vesekovci near Vushtrri. Their surname is Parduzi and they are muslims.

Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I have talked to Beki, my respects for this young fellow. I have looked at his results and we have discussed it. Deal with R1b-Y33200* is that it has high presence at all Albanian lands and a somewhat low TMRCA, therefore it is very tightly connected with Albanians. I would say it is one of ancient Illyrian lines that had a "luck" to expand in last 1000-1500 years after severe bottleneck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611

Yes, the Z2705 is present in almost every Albanian region and tribe. I'm new to this and Dema knows that and just recently I realized what are markers, SNP etc... Z2705 belongs to more than 300 tested people, but a small percentage of them did the BigY test. This month, two new people Z2705* appeared on the Yfull tree, but a new branch has not yet been formed.

I have the most matches with the Bytyqi GD= 32/37. This means that our common ancestor lived us about 700 years ago.

It is believed that there are thirteen main tribes in Dukagjin (Metohija) and Kosovo, while others are considered secondary or not yet formed tribal organizations. These are the tribes:

Review of the origin of the Albanian population (with number of homes) according to tribes in Drenica according to data from 1935.

Gashi 772 homes
    Shala 266 homes
    Berisha 265 homes
    Elshani 180 homes
    Hoti 179 homes
    Morina-Mzez 166 homes
    Kuçi of Berisha 142 homes
    Krasniqi 128 homes
    Kastrati 114 homes
    Bytyqi 100 homes
    Thaçi 56 homes
    Kelmendi 30 homes
    Zog 25 homes
    Kabashi 7 homes

The most numerous tribe in Drenica was Gashi with 772 houses. Migration Gashi from Albania to Drenica was from the beginning of the 17th century until the 1830s.
    Last edited by Beki; 17-05-19 at 20:52.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 7.0%

I have the most matches with the Bytyqi GD= 32/37. This means that our common ancestor lived us about 700 years ago.
    That does not mean much. Many R-Z2705 haplotypes are within GD=1-5 and their TMRCA lived around 1500 ybp. GD=5 is not low for this clade.

Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Ownstyler View Post
    That does not mean much. Many R-Z2705 haplotypes are within GD=1-5 and their TMRCA lived around 1500 ybp. GD=5 is not low for this clade.
    Beki tested as Y32147 negative. Due to his unique CDY value he is most likely Y33200* and brother clade to all others under Y33200.

He shares TMRCA 1500 years with all under Y33200 but he has no close matches, most likely isolated branch formed 1500 years ago. He has high chance to find closer match in future, we will see.

He will most likely be in this group as all of these samples below which are smaller brother clades to R1b-Y32147 https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z2705*/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Dema; 16-05-19 at 20:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123