Haplogroup C

I think a correlation between Haplogroup C-V20 and the Cro-Magnons (in addition to I, of course) isn't that far-fetched.

hello All

if you still have more question about C haplogroup , then i will be glad to answer. As my haplogroup is C1b

Hello fellas, was posting off and on about C-V222 on AG with various wild guesses/bad logic/misunderstanding of tmrca estimates etc for a couple years. Right now, to me, it still looks like V222 was a minority ANF/AHG-origin lineage that had a nice little surge around 4kya, though the other big 3 groups (steppe guys, WHG guys) can't be ruled out. The other big V86 descended branch was definitely in Anatolia. There is a C1a2 guy who doesn't seem to have enough sequenced downstream markers in a recent paper about Verteba cave, if I'm not misunderstanding something, he's modelled as about half CHG/half some EEF group, which I think put him somewhere around Yamnaya Bulgaria on a PCA, but that might be a false lead and his haplo might not reflect the origin of his CHG or steppe admixture or whatever it is. I'm pretty sure the V86 mrca lived somewhere in Europe most likely, but that was about 40,000 years ago and where the ancestors of V222 made off to from there (if it was actually from there) is a mystery.

Overall, I think it was probably associated with Urnfielders eventually and trucked along with Celts in most western places/might've been centered around France and Italy. For some reason it got into my head recently that V222 was hanging around with R1b-U152 at some crucial point, but I have no memory of where that idea came from now.

I share a common ancestor who lived about 1-1.5kya with the other Greek fellow on ftdna, that made me think it was probably introduced to Greece around the time people from the south balkans/south slavs were settling down there, but I don't know.

This thread has been viewed 39581 times.

Back