Why are Hungarians more creative and innovative in science than Western Great Powers?

Stears555

Reaction score
Count only the ratio of scientific type of Nobel awards/ population

United Kingdom:

chemistry 28 (5 was immigrant)

Physics 23 (3 immigrant)

Physiology or medicine 34 (6 immigrant)

GRAND TOTAL: 85

ABORIGINAL BRITISH (Without immigrants): 71

Hungary:

Chemistry: 5

Physics: 3

Physiology or medicine: 4

GRAND TOTAL: 12

IMMIGRANTS: 0

GERMANY

CHEMISTRY: 29 (2 IMMIGRANT)

PHYSICS: 31 (6 IMMIGRANT)

Physiology or Medicine: 24 (7 IMMIGRANT)

GRAND TOTAL: 84

IMMIGRANTS: 15

ABORIGINAL GERMAN: 69

France:

PHYSICS: 13 (IMMIGRANT: 2)

CHEMISTRY: 11 (IMMIGRANT : 2)

Physiology or Medicine: 13 (IMMIGRANT: 1)

GRAND TOTAL: 37

IMMIGRANTS: 5

So Hungary is much better in scientific Nobel awards / capita ratio than this great powers...

Because of all Hungarian people of Jewish origin, who are known for their intellect and wittiness ;)

Because Hungarians are super race, most European of all, speak true European language, are the blondest in all Balkans, and overall super duper smartest on Earth. True nation of chosen people. I'm running out of words to describe their greatness.

Because Hungarians are super race, most European of all, speak true European language, are the blondest in all Balkans, and overall super duper smartest on Earth. True nation of chosen people. I'm running out of words to describe their greatness.

Such a geographic ignorance! Balkan is a peninsula of Europe, and Hungary simply not located on that peninsula. Second: Balkan is an Estern civilization, part of the Orthodox world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

800px-Balkan_topo_en.jpg

Even with my blocker on, I get the gist of the discussion...

Of the twelve Hungarian Nobel Prize Laureates listed on Wiki:

Robert Barany-Ashkenazim
Dennia Gabor-Ashkenazim
Avram Hershko-Ashkenazim
Hevesy György-Ashkenazim
Eugene Paul "E. P." Wigner-Ashkenazim
John Harsanyi Ashkenazim
Imre Kertész-Ashkenazim

The Hungarians are down to 5, and I wonder how many of those have hidden or otherwise Ashkenazi ancestry?

As these people are emphatically not ethnic Hungarians, I find the inclusion of them on the list illogical in the extreme. In addition, since Hungary either passively, according to their own whitewashing of their history, or more actively, by a more objective analysis, in my opinion, participated in trying to exterminate these people, I find it the height of indecency that anyone would claim them to bolster arguments about "Hungarian" creativity or intelligence.

Perhaps anyone interested in that period in Hungary should read Elie Wiesel about the Hungarian treatment of their Jews. Interestingly, as a Hungarian Jew who received a Nobel Prize for literature, he isn't listed. Considering his bitterness toward them, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he probably asked for his name to be removed.

It might actually be an interesting exercise to go through the lists of all the eastern European countries, Germany and the Balkans perhaps, as well, and "cull" the lists.

Robert Barany-Ashkenazim

Dennia Gabor-Ashkenazim
Avram Hershko-Ashkenazim
Hevesy György-Ashkenazim
John Harsanyi Ashkenazim

Imre Kertész-Ashkenazim
You are down to 5, and I wonder how many of those have hidden or otherwise Ashkenazi ancestry?

As these people are emphatically not ethnic Hungarians, I find the inclusion of them on the list illogical in the extreme. In addition, since Hungary either passively, according to their own whitewashing of their history, or more actively, by a more objective analysis, in my opinion, participated in trying to exterminate these people, I find it the height of indecency that anyone would claim them to bolster arguments about "Hungarian" creativity or intelligence.

Perhaps anyone interested in that period in Hungary should read Elie Wiesel about the Hungarian treatment of their Jews. Interestingly, as a Hungarian Jew who received a Nobel Prize for literature, he isn't listed. Considering his bitterness toward them, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he probably asked for his name to be removed.

It might actually be an interesting exercise to go through the lists of all the eastern European countries, Germany and the Balkans perhaps, as well, and "cull" the lists.

LOL, good point, I suppose we were always treated as a nation within a nation, and never truly accepted (at least in the old world, this doesn't work in the new world i.e America, Australia etc though), sad, but true. :-\

Robert Barany-Ashkenazim
Dennia Gabor-Ashkenazim
Avram Hershko-Ashkenazim
Hevesy György-Ashkenazim
John Harsanyi Ashkenazim
Imre Kertész-Ashkenazim

The Hungarians are down to 5, and I wonder how many of those have hidden or otherwise Ashkenazi ancestry?

Wrong. 3 of them is half Jewish, but non of them grew up in Jewish culture. They went to protestant schools and secondary schools (instead of Jewish) and Hungarian universities. Moreover all of them considered themselves as Hungarians in their own biographies instead of Jewish. None of them could speak the Yiddish or Hebrew languages.

So Hungary is much better in scientific Nobel awards / capita ratio than this great powers...

can you tell us the genetic component of Hungarians that makes them much better in scientific areas?

Wrong. The secret is our language.
oh, how didn't I got it sooner? The superiority of Hungarians comes from their special language!

Is it your idea or you read it somewhere?

oh, how didn't I got it sooner? The superiority of Hungarians comes from their special language!

Is it your idea or you read it somewhere?
Are you racial supremacist?

Our language is an agglutinative language, with very complex structure, that makes it very expressive. Forexample: It is very easy to translate English French German Italian poems to Hungarian language in very good quality, however its opposite is not true.

Robert Barany-Ashkenazim
Dennia Gabor-Ashkenazim
Avram Hershko-Ashkenazim
Hevesy György-Ashkenazim
John Harsanyi Ashkenazim
Imre Kertész-Ashkenazim

I apologize...a lot of them are Sephardim. Their biographies can be found in Wiki. Just google the names.

I apologize...a lot of them are Sephardim. Their biographies can be found in Wiki. Just google the names.

Wrong. In their wiki articles they have no own (self written) curiculum or own autobiography.

On Wikipedia it says that [h=1]John Harsanyi's parents converted from Judaism to Catholicism a year before his birth, I'm not sure if he was of Sephardi or Ashkenazi background. He died in California.[/h]

Róbert Bárány was half Jewish (via his dad) and died in Sweden (again, not sure if SJ or AJ).
Gábor Dénes was of Jewish background, his family converted to Lutheranism, he later on considered himself Agnostic, claiming that religion played a minor role in his life. He died in Britain.
Avram Hershko today lives in Israel and is Ashkenazi if you ask me.
Hevesy György was born to a Catholic family of Jewish background, he died in west Germany.
Eugene Paul died in America.
Imre Kertész resides in Berlin.

On Wikipedia it says that John Harsanyi's parents converted from Judaism to Catholicism a year before his birth, I'm not sure if he was of Sephardi or Ashkenazi background. He died in California.

Wrong. Wikipedia does not contain own self-written biographies and CVs about people in their articles. It is against the Wikipedia rules.

Róbert Bárány was half Jewish (via his dad) and died in Sweden (again, not sure if SJ or AJ).
Gábor Dénes was of Jewish background, his family converted to Lutheranism, he later on considered himself Agnostic, claiming that religion played a minor role in his life. He died in Britain.
Avram Hershko today lives in Israel and is Ashkenazi if you ask me.
Hevesy György was born to a Catholic family of Jewish background, he died in west Germany.
Eugene Paul died in America.
Imre Kertész resides in Berlin.

So you can found only Hersko?

Dennis Gabor was born as Günszberg Dénes, into a Jewish family in Budapest, Hungary. In 1918, his family converted to Lutheranism.

Avram Hershko
(Hebrew: אברהם הרשקו‎; born 31 December 1937) is a Hungarian born Israeli biochemist and Nobel laureate in Chemistry.

Hevesy György was born in Budapest, Hungary to a wealthy and ennobled Roman Catholic [7]of Hungarian Jewish descent[8] family, the fifth of eight children to his parents Lajos (Louis) Bischitz and Baroness Eugenia (Jenny) Schossberger (ennobled as "De Tornya"). Grandparents from both sides of the family had provided the presidents of the Jewish community of Pest.

Wigner Jenő Pál was born in Budapest, Austria-Hungary on November 17, 1902, to middle class Jewish parents,

John C. Harsanyi was born in Budapest, Hungary on May 29, 1920, the son of a pharmacy owner. His parents converted from Judaism to Catholicism a year before he was born.

Imre Kertész

During World War II, Kertész was deported at the age of 14 with other Hungarian Jews to the Auschwitz concentration camp, and was later sent to Buchenwald

Robert Barany
:
He was the eldest of six children, to the former Maria Hock, the daughter of a scientist, and Ignáz Bárány, born 1842 in Pápa, a Hungarian Jew who was a bank official and estate manager.[4]

There we have 7 out of 12 “Hungarian” Nobel Prize Winners.

Who knows what would show up if the other 5 were tested at 23andme.

This poster's threads are all about the supposed superiority of the Hungarian ethnicity. These people are NOT "ETHNIC" Hungarians by his definition.

To any moderators reading this thread…aren’t there penalties for posting deliberate distortions of established fact? And I am not just talking about this thread.

This thread has been viewed 40211 times.

Back