BBC

The Fall of Singapore

Battlefield Campaign in the Balkans:

Ottoman Empire War Machine:

The Crimean War (1853-1856):

100 Years' War The Battle of Agincourt

Ancient Chinese inventions:

BBC

Building Burma Death Railway (Movie The ridgeon the River Kwai)

Last edited:
Documentary The Bridge on the River Kwai

BBC

The Fall of Singapore

My great grand uncle was an Aussie soldier stationed in Singapore when it fell in '42. He was sent to a Japanese POW camp, it was tye jungle, they lived in huts, suffered from tropical diseases and were fed rotten rice by the guards. My uncle survived but many of his mates unfortunately died.

Did you see the Emperor Hirohito biography. He was the 'Dr. Mengela' of Japan. He conducted disease experiments on Chinese prisoners. He escaped the trial for a war criminal.

I must say BBC does produce first-class documentary.

Did you see the Emperor Hirohito biography. He was the 'Dr. Mengela' of Japan. He conducted disease experiments on Chinese prisoners. He escaped the trial for a war criminal.

I must say BBC does produce first-class documentary.

Many Japanese war criminals unfortunately escaped justice. Indeed, when I visited my cousin in England 2 months ago there were always interesting high quality BBC documentaries in the evening. Just one reason not to leave the UK. :p

Yes, for the Americans it was the Communists and not the Nazi or Japanese racists who were now the enemies. Later it would be the Jihadists. There is no end to it. It is really a game of who is the Top Dog. Same specie fights are usually about the pecking order. They kill each other over the harem, turf or food. When the apex predators are eliminated then the beta predators try to take over and they become the alpha as they succeed and grow bigger in body size. The mesopredators are chimpanzees, baboons, coyotes, etc. when man has succeeded in destroying the lions, tigers, wolves, bears, eagles, etc.

So the former ally Soviets become the dreaded Communists.

This thread has been viewed 108916 times.

Back