Kelteminar culture >> Pit–Comb Ware culture,,, which haplogroup did they had?

Robert6

Reaction score
""Scientists hold that Kelteminar culture(Central Asia) is related to the Pit–Comb Ware culture(Ural-Baltic).""

Pit–Comb Ware culture
They are thought to have been essentially hunter-gatherers, though e.g. the Narva culture in Estonia shows some evidence of agriculture. Some of this region was absorbed by the later Corded Ware horizon.

kelteminar adopted stockbreeding, pit-comb were hunter-gatherers
what is the link?

kelteminar adopted stockbreeding, pit-comb were hunter-gatherers
what is the link?
The Kelteminar people practised a mobile hunting, gathering and fishing subsistence system.

I guess there are some artefacts like pottery or tools which hint at some connection, but I don't find no details.
Pit-comb is ascribed to Uralic (N1c)or Paleo-European (I) and not Indo-European (R1a/R1b). Again here no details except toponyms and hydronyms.

R1 is not Indo-European, most possibly Macro-Caucasian.
Early Kelteminar was mother to
Pit–Comb Ware culture
If
Kelteminar was of haplogroup I or N1c1, then many of I or N1c1 would be in southern part of Central Asia

There is an admixture of WSHG, farmer and CHG below botai, which looks like kumsay Q1a2 3,000BC.

And those kinds of admixuture are also in south cental asia 3,000bc and 3,500bc, which looks like sarazm, geokiur and parkhai. So it means now that CHG picked up farmer and migrated into west siberia. And it is possible kelteminar would have CHG, farmer and EHG (or WSHG). Q1a? As I quoted before, south ural and south east caspian sea interacted since mesolithic to eneolithic age.

caucasus-cline-narasimhan.jpg

However, bol'shemysskaya (4th millennium bc, P297 was found) was connected to keltemina culture, R1b?:

The culture is noted for its ceramic vessels with tipped or beet-shaped bottom, thin-walled and thoroughly dressed, later supplanted by more thick-walled round- and flattened-bottom. Vessel ornamentation is dominated by jagged and smooth lines, and comb pattern, sometimes with grid, triangle, and zig-zag decorations. The ornamentation technique is close to that of the
Kelteminar monuments of Central Asia and the Afanasevo culture of Altai.

Lower-Volga-ceramics-e1544976745612.jpg

looks like sintashta and andronovo ones have a similar pattern of Haji Firuz one and keltemina

This thread has been viewed 15536 times.

Back