shapes and collective classifications: attempt

The Iberian Gracile Meds posted in this thread have a strong South Mediterranid/Arabid influence. The South Italian player has a Dinarid/Armenid influence. The Israelian and the South East French players look like light North Africans.

How would you classify these soccer players?

f8qTP22.jpg

sfSgqyu.jpg

rs6kYPr.jpg

lqzWwR8.jpg

xHjZtuk.jpg

a man who evocates what were a 'long-barrow atlantic mediterranean' type to me - curiously he is Estonian, but his type is very rare among Estonians -

photo longbarrowlike estonien.PNG
easier to find in Western Britain, Wales, I think

The Iberian Gracile Meds posted in this thread have a strong South Mediterranid/Arabid influence. The South Italian player has a Dinarid/Armenid influence. The Israelian and the South East French players look like light North Africans.
JOEYC

I post principally for visages bones - no dinaric nor armenian trait in any of these men, for this aspect! (no brachycephally, even partial!)
'arab' in Spanihses: but true 'arab' type was 'mediterranean'!!! only 'iran-afghan' and 'subsaharian' accretions modified the type, I think
for other aspect, a frontal picture is not always the better support to judge - the french NthAfr??? not sure - same for the israelian
but a a whole the majority of true small mediterranean people close bony structures for skull and face, nose and lips sending the most of the differences -
I put apart the higher statured mediterraneans concerning face principally - in North Africa, a lot of variants with not-mediterranean not-continental-european accretions, modifying slightly the apparence, and some archaic forms as in Mediterranea -

a man who evocates what were a 'long-barrow atlantic mediterranean' type to me - curiously he is Estonian, but his type is very rare among Estonians -

View attachment 6794
easier to find in Western Britain, Wales, I think
He reminds me of Martins Dukurs Olympic Silver skeletonist from Latvia. You can check his picture in wiki/google.
Or am I totally missing the point? :)

He reminds me of Martins Dukurs Olympic Silver skeletonist from Latvia. You can check his picture in wiki/google.
Or am I totally missing the point? :)

maybe, but very less typical: too fleshy: but the same tendancy towards a shallow mandible - I cannot see too well the skull shape, it seems a bit higher than in my type -
I could imagine some "danubian" impact but it is guess, not science -
concerning my "model" he seems to me very close to the 'long barrows' type's mean: it could signify these megalithers of Atlantic reached farther than S-Scandinavia?
what mix of Y-HG? what mix of mt-Hg'S ?

here some Israelians: maybe not all of them born in Israel but the majority I suppose - they are not completely homogenous, but their globally Near-Eastern affiliation is very more evident than for Askheanzes I saw in Europe!

photos Israeliens A.jpg

here some Israelians: maybe not all of them born in Israel but the majority I suppose - they are not completely homogenous, but their globally Near-Eastern affiliation is very more evident than for Askheanzes I saw in Europe!

View attachment 6806

Most of these people have roots in north Africa or west Asia. Bar Refaeli is Israeli but if I may be fair, she's very fair. Israeli is a nationality, so you can have Israelis like Bar Refaeli and Israelis like Eyal Golan.

P.S Bar Refaeli isn't fully Ashkenazi (she's part Italian Jewish).

whan I say Near-Eastern, I think Eastern Med's in a sense
others

photos Israeliens capturées C.jpg

Bar Refaeli:
file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/bar_rafaeli.jpg

Eyal Golan:

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/2577059490.jpg

the so called 'danubian mediterranean' type of COON, associated to danubian LBK and S-E Anatolia peasants, is very difficult ti define on current people today - COON thought it was the second component associated to his 'corded' type (for me the unique 'nordic' basic type) would have produced what he called his 'Hallstatt Iron Age type -

I'm confused, but based only upon metric description not too complete, sometimes contradictory definitions by old scholars, I put here NOT TRUE "danubians" but people showing for me some 'danubian imput' - by the way COON, if I correctly recall thought that a brachycephalized ('alpine' influence) 'danubian' with some slihht 'mongoloid' imput would have procuced his 'neodanubian type', element present in 'east-baltic' type associated principally with 'borreby' (broadly said, brutal or not, rather the non brutal variant) - what seems sensible - means final types again, not basic - the more eminent trait was a very very high skull and almost vertical forehead

so it's more bet than God 's truth

photo attenuated danubian nordic accr- 1 sue.PNGphoto méditer-danubian bone structure  1+ accret- tch.PNGphoto mixed danubian bone structure 1 isl.PNGphoto mediterranean danubianlike + div. accret. isr.PNG

from left to right:swede, dolicho-meso, Czech, dolicho-meso, Islandman, dolicho, Israelian, apprently dolicho-meso
they are heterogenous as it is previsible, as crossings, but show all the high crania, vertical forehead very cerebral, and opposite to what said some scholars, even crossed, they show a tendancy towards little faces but NOT TO NARROW ones so???
concerning face COON said spite their light skeletons, they have noses far from being typically 'mediterranean' - He dobted even they were all dark pigmented!!! Perhaps he huad truth on his side for this detail??? Wait and see next discoverings...
taht said I would prefer have the true ancient 'danubians' in front of me, and not this honorable but "crossed" persons I selected without too much certitude-

Most of these people have roots in north Africa or west Asia. Bar Refaeli is Israeli but if I may be fair, she's very fair. Israeli is a nationality, so you can have Israelis like Bar Refaeli and Israelis like Eyal Golan.

P.S Bar Refaeli isn't fully Ashkenazi (she's part Italian Jewish).

I'm aware and I make the difference between 'Jews' of the diaspora(s), Sionistes freshly arrived in Israel and old Israelians: but a sa whole the most of the people I pictured here as more typical to "autochtonous Israelians" than to Askhenazes of N-Europe

I'm aware and I make the difference between 'Jews' of the diaspora(s), Sionistes freshly arrived in Israel and old Israelians: but a sa whole the most of the people I pictured here as more typical to "autochtonous Israelians" than to Askhenazes of N-Europe
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

danubians (follow)

this type today drown in a sea of better represented type in Turkey as well as in Central Europe (and other modern Slavic lands) is very difficult to submarize as I saw -
they seem having crossed with an heavy enough 'alpine' component in West-Central Europe -
spite the 'southern' assignation made by scientists (Coon was more reserved concerning the geographical origin)
what remained easy enough to tell among today people is the very high roofed crania higher than the whole face, an apparently short enough and snub fleshy nose tip ("opposite" to 'mediterranean' paradygmus, and as a relic of an ancient human stage, as among 'cromagnoids' and even 'brünnoids') and very light lower jaw, narrow, but the bigozymatic are broad enough, this aspect of face being more 'mediterranean' - its the face and the light body which seem pushing scientists to make a 'mediterranean' of it -

photo danubien Roman Pr'ikryl hockey Tchèque.PNG

Attachments

• photo dabubien mixé Vojt'ech Zadrazjil hockey Tchèque.PNG
    photo dabubien mixé Vojt'ech Zadrazjil hockey Tchèque.PNG
    172 KB · Views: 19
danubian (parlty as you know)

alpin Yougoslave B1.jpg
one more 'alpine'like type (Yougoslavia, maybe Croatia)

How would you classify these soccer players?

f8qTP22.jpg

sfSgqyu.jpg

rs6kYPr.jpg

lqzWwR8.jpg

xHjZtuk.jpg
Joeyc
it's easier to pick up some typicalguys than to evaluate more mixed people – it's only a gamechallenge for me because without measures and other angles of viewit's very hard – all what I'll say is guess and bet -
1° guy : hyperdolicho ? -narrowfaced, highfaced but strong lower jaw and chin, upperface shortenough compare to chin (# typical mediter), mean nose (# typicalmediter) – thick inferior lip (mediter) - middle-dark brown hair(nordic-mediter?) - narrow forehead – low limit of slightly wavyhead hairs (mediter) -
the high face and chink can be linkedto stature for a part but I think he is a good example of what wascalled a crossing between 'nordic' and 'atlanto-mediter'(« megalither » of someones), as awhole he could beEnglish – I think he has more chances to be from Northern Italy orSpanish but...

2° guy : meso ? Subbrachysmall headed ? - robust face, bony – short nose – very darkhaired, blackish brown ? - very low limit of straight head hair– perhaps a high statured man – hard to analyse – I would putsome pennies on a partial dinaric mixture or process, and a remotewest-balkanic origin – more chances to be from Northeastern Italyif Italian ?

3° guy : dolicho – middleproportions face with a light preponderance of cheekbones (smallmediter) but the jaw angles are strong enough – very short nose (#typical mediter) – thin enough lips (# mediter) – wavymiddle-dark brown hair, low on forehead (mediter) – as awhole 'mediter', except some archaic traits maybe linked to aprevious population in Mediterranea (absorbed 'cromagnoids' ? -more in Southern Italy but also in other places of Mediterranea -

4° guy : subdolicho ? -little mean face, almost bread in proportions – maybe very-darkbrown or blackish brown hair - straight hair (# typical mediter),very low on the forehead (mediter, but not only) – little thinshort nose (# typical mediter) - curiously his face seems fragile ifbroad at the cheekbones but is frontal is very « brutal »shaped : a reduced so called archaic mediter withgracilized shapes ? Some Portugueses and Sardinians show thisassociation of brutal shaped skull with rude enough face but the faceis reduced in height, always with preponderance of cheekbones uponlower jaw breadth – local evolution on cousins of 'eurafrican' ?– so local peculiarities can evolve in partly isolated regions on apreviously common stock – his nose shape nevertheless is notmediter at all –

5° guy : subdolicho ? - darkbrown or blackish brown head hair, less low on forehead, wavy hair ?- fleshy round nose (# typical mediter) – thin lips (# mediter) –slightly wavy hiar ? - mean face with preponderance ofcheekbones upon lower jaw breadth (mediter) – roughly 'mediter' toobut something (a taste) more « northwestern » in details, more «french » (it's moresentiment than constat) -

the 3° and 5° are more 'mediter' as awhole concerning visible bones, but with some very slight remnants ofsomething else – but the more we go back in past tracing oldfeatures, the more we can suppose different places of origin becausethe subtypes surely were less numerous converging into only 2 or 3types, and occupied larger territories – we see by instance verytypical remnants of the cro-magnon pattern, for faces, spred fromIreland to Pakistan and to Finland... also other features common tocapelloid-brünnoid, and also partly to 'chancelade' (less brutal), Isuppose to be a southern cousin of them as eurafrican : afterall the first Y-I and Y-J bearers were surely close enough at somestage) - but other parts of body and hidden organs can having evolvedvery far -

all these bets without any seriousguarantee !!!

I'have a big problem
I cannot attach pictures whatever the size and the system PNG, JPG... when I have did that more than a time before
always the same answer: "exceed your quota by N... KB" (the weight of the picture)
I'm very sad and it could bring me to an alcoholic addiction...

I'have a big problem
I cannot attach pictures whatever the size and the system PNG, JPG... when I have did that more than a time before
always the same answer: "exceed your quota by N... KB" (the weight of the picture)
I'm very sad and it could bring me to an alcoholic addiction...

Don't do that! Moderation in all things.:disappointed:

I feel your pain. I haven't been able to actually post pictures in ages, even though when you get to a certain level you're not supposed to have a limit on your attachment capability. It's such a pity, because I do so love to post and see visuals as a gestalt.

Ah well, perhaps we should go on strike? :LOL:

Seriously, if you figure out how to do it, please let me know.

This thread has been viewed 90398 times.

Back