Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
more celtic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b - L21/S145*
mtDNA haplogroup
H3c
here I'll try to classify some shapes of visages: pigmentation is secondary and can mistake us (crossings!!! we are all 're'crossed, only the crossings and proportions differ but differences between countries and regions trace back to old History more than to recent events, except in some regions, albeit until the 1960's)

"pure" 'nordic' types, first element among 'Corded' people and some 'Steppic' tribes of Eneolithic to Iron Age

photo nordic bone structure 2 sue.PNGphoto nordic bone structure 1 ang.PNGphoto nordic bone structure 3 nor.PNGphoto nordic bone structure 4 isl.PNGphoto nordic bone structure 5 nor.PNG

lefto to right: Swede, Englishman, Norwegian, Swede, Norwegian

late 'nordic'

photo nordic bone structure 7 ang.PNGEnglish

attenuated, "crossed" 'nordic'

photo attenuated nordic alpin accr- bone structure 1 isl.PNGphoto attenuated nordic alpin accr- bone structure 2 isl.PNGphoto nordic bone structure 6 ang.PNGphoto alpinne nordic bone structure 3 ang.PNG

left to right: Icelandish, Icelandish, English, English
they seem broadened 'nordics' (or shortened), as by partial feotalization (just a word!) - the third, is closed to a (artificial) mean model of 'iron-age celtic nordic' type, a bit more complicated?

small 'mediterranean' mean types (this term hides a lot of subpopulations)

photo Alvaro ARBEOLA.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 2 por.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 3 por.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 14 esp.PNG

from left to right: Spanish, Portuguese, Portuguese, Spanish -
the left man has something more brutal concerning frontal: some more primitive leg from West?

Attachments

• photo kind of mediterranean bone structure 1 ang.PNG
    photo kind of mediterranean bone structure 1 ang.PNG
    74.5 KB · Views: 43
the fifth one is English and so show some less 'mediterranean' aspect on meat, but its bony structure is 'mediterranean' as awell as them

some more 'mediterranean' types

photo kind of mediterranean bone structure 17 itsu.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 18 itce.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 8 isr.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 16 frsu.PNGphoto kind of mediterranean bone structure 7 Isr.PNG

from left to right: Southern Italian, South-Central Italian, Israelian, South-East French, Israelian

the Israelian on the right has something less "southern" in his nose, more "ancestral" or "northern"

'brünnoid' - 'capelloid' types
almost pure:
photo brünnoïd 1 nor.PNGphoto capelloid or bünnoid 2 bone structure por.PNG

from left to right: Norwegian, Portuguese

attenuated 'brünnoid':

photo attenuated brünnoid bone structure fla.PNGAlemannic Swiss

'nordic' + 'brünnoid'

photo nordic + brünnoid accr- bone structure 1 sue.PNGphoto nordic brünnoid bone structure 5 sue.PNGphoto nordic brünnoid bone structure 6 sue - ex Corded type.PNGphoto Lars BOOM 3.PNG

from left to right: Swede, Swede, Swede, Dutch
except the slightly shorter faced second Swede, they are good types for 'corded' mean (the first Swede more on the 'nordic' side, and the third Swede present an individual over-developpement)

some 'borreby' or 'borrebylike' (attenuated, mixed)

photo Jan-Tore Ophaug norvégien.jpgphoto Mika Juhani Salo finlandais.PNGphoto borreby A bone structure 2 frno.PNG

from left to right: Norwegian, Finn from Finnland, French from Artois-Picardie
all are rather on the 'borreby' A type, more cromagnoid than brünnoid in origin, even if the Finn, "correct" for face, could deviate a bit for skull (I cannot measure it)

'cromagnoid' more or less typical, from North and South Europe (!) notice as for 'brünnoid' the pigmentation is not the prevalent choice

photo cromagnoid bone structure 3 bul.PNGphoto cromagnoid attenuated 1 sue.PNGphoto kind of cromagnoid bone structure 1 bul.PNGphoto cromagnoid bone structure 4 fin.PNG

from left to right: Bulgarian, Swede, Bulgarian, Finn from Finnland
the most typical for f

'cromagnoid' more or less typical, from North and South Europe (!) notice as for 'brünnoid' the pigmentation is not the prevalent choice

View attachment 6752View attachment 6753View attachment 6754View attachment 6755

from left to right: Bulgarian, Swede, Bulgarian, Finn from Finnland
the most typical for f
sorry
the most typical for face is the first Bulgarian (left) and then the Finn (right) - the Swede show perhaps a bit admixture with 'nordic' (?) and the second Bulgarian with 'mediter' and 'alpine'

'alpine' (I shall add others later): a kind of "gentle" 'borreby'

photo alpine bone structure 1 bis frso.PNGphoto alpine bone structure 1 frso.PNG

the same man, a french from SW (Gascogne) - this type was very more present in France before - among peasants - from W-Alps and Jura between Mesolithic and Neolithic it gained ground in France at Last Neolithic, accompagnied by 'meds' from South (Chasséen?) and after at Iron Age with Celts expansion (it is solely at this time that it took a solid foot in Eastern Brittany - a good strata in France, Switzerland, Wallonia, Northern Italy and, less present, in other countries - Seemingly Celts Iron elite had this type in their mix, but at very lower level -

same divination work as always!
firstable: dolichocephalic, high-narow faced (in proportions), middle-dark brown hair (uneasy on photos), the jaw seems heavy enough -
the nose is very "european"like, if long - all that point towards a 'nordic-atlanto-mediterranean' crossing - a bit fleshy of face, but here the alimentatiton and way of life could be at work -
very not typical.... could be of a lot of places, rather in Europe ('nordic' increment)- in towns where the bracycephalic elements are very often more seldom (selection, Mediterraneans of today more traders than peasants? Jews mixes? He could be an Askhenaze Jews, then can be so typical sometimes and so Atypical some others... but French too, belgian, Swiss and so on...
bets

firstable: dolichocephalic, high-narow faced (in proportions), middle-dark brown hair (uneasy on photos), the jaw seems heavy enough -
the nose is very "european"like, if long - all that point towards a 'nordic-atlanto-mediterranean' crossing - a bit fleshy of face, but here the alimentatiton and way of life could be at work -
very not typical.... could be of a lot of places, rather in Europe ('nordic' increment)- in towns where the bracycephalic elements are very often more seldom (selection, Mediterraneans of today more traders than peasants? Jews mixes? He could be an Askhenaze Jews, then can be so typical sometimes and so Atypical some others... but French too, belgian, Swiss and so on...
bets
Thanks for presenting your opinion, pretty he has Shaten hair colour.
He's Ashkenazi Jewish. But, strange... On Eupedia it seems most people think that if he's not Ashkenazi Jewish he's either southern European or a mix of southern and northern European, while on Anthrogenica they insisted that, assuming he's not Ashkenazi, he couldn't fit anywhere north of Mediterranean Europe, and gave Greeks and Lebanese as example populations.

bets

So you're suggesting he could pass for a Frenchman or a Swiss?

So you're suggesting he could pass for a Frenchman or a Swiss?

completely; he is far from the bunk of initial Jews before diaspora, I think - and very far from the Lebanese as a whole, and more northern than the most typical European Mediterraneans, whatever think people in other froums - he is EVEN far from the ISRAELIANS (as a whole, always) I have yheirpictures!!!

completely; he is far from the bunk of initial Jews before diaspora, I think - and very far from the Lebanese as a whole, and more northern than the most typical European Mediterraneans, whatever think people in other froums - he is EVEN far from the ISRAELIANS (as a whole, always) I have yheirpictures!!!

Okay, thanks for the clarification. :)

Would anyone be able to describe for me, either in their own words or through the words of an anthropologist who wrote about it, the difference between "Borreby" and "Brunn"? To me they look very similar.

here a

photo robust alpine borrebylike 1 sui.PNGman of Liechtenstein between Switzerland and Austria with 'alpine' look, robust, then on the way to "my" 'borreby' A (more cromagnoid by origin)

Would anyone be able to describe for me, either in their own words or through the words of an anthropologist who wrote about it, the difference between "Borreby" and "Brunn"? To me they look very similar.

I've tried with my own conceptions of these types: my set is not worst than the COOK's ones
look at post #6 for 'brünnoids' (plus # 7 the second from left, slightly 'nordicized' by very close nevertheless) and to #8 for 'borreby A'

concerniing body, 'brünnoids' have long neck, very broad shoulders, long enought trunk compared to 'nordic' and the most of 'meds' so short enough legs (a bit bowed), long arms - as 'cromagnoid' they have low but broad orbits - more thick skin than true 'nordics' and 'meds', more body hairs than both (the body haired 'meds' are the ones on the 'indo-irano-afghan' side, or showing some 'cromagnoid' remnants, apparently) - the 'borreby' A is short enough legged too, but with heavier and less broad shoulders, shorter arms, more massive musculature, more fleshy as a whole - strong enough body hairs too - thick skin too - these two types are denser in Western Norway (Rogaland, Hordaland, a bit in Sogn and Sordal), mixed with 'nordic' (a lot) and others (few), and with preponderence of one on the other according to valleys and dales (scientists studies)

This thread has been viewed 90381 times.

Back