A breath of fresh air, Catholic church and gays

Sounds like the Catholic church patronizing the left, to gain more support. They never said homosexuality is not inmoral. This is a great example of conservatives being smothered by aggressive libearls, and eventually giving in a little bit because they don't want to come off as angry old fashioned men, and are deceived into thinking whatever non-traditional and liberal is better and acceptable.

Maleth, don't accuse me of being aggressive and miss judging you, because that's exactly what you did with this thread. A "breath of fresh air"? The Catholic church hasn't been burning homosexuals at the stake, in the last few years. All they've done is stated what apostles and traditional Jewish values believe about homosexuality, there isn't any hate in their stance. People miss judge the Catholic church and other Christians, as being the stero typical hateful old man beating his gay son.

The Catholic church is the Catholic church, people need to learn to respect their believes. There is no crime in believing homosexuality is inmoral. Yes, I understand that it is offensive, but plenty of people believe things which are offensive to others, why is homosexuaility any differnt?

My stance is that we should respect each other's views. If the majority of people want gay marriage to be legal then it should be legal, that's how democracy works. My opinon is that gay marriage should be legal because it has become such a big issue. Honestly I have no idea if people are born gay or not, or if it should be seen as unmoral.

My only problem really with this movement is the media throwing homosexuality down our throats 24/7. Just about every popular TV show has sometype of gay theme, and homosexuality is mentioned in most episodes. Our news talks about it 24/7. I thought the gay rights movement was about making it a normal unnoticeable part of society, but that's not how it's turning out at all, which I'm very annoyed about.

The conservative view and the liberal view can live together in peace. This is not how it's turning out at all though.

My only problem really with this movement is the media throwing homosexuality down our throats 24/7.

And how this happens exactly? Are you maybe tuning in to Gay radio or Gay TV, because even such channels do not delve on gay issues 24/7

Just about every popular TV show has sometype of gay theme, and homosexuality is mentioned in most episodes.

Probably since they are popular TV shows they would also include other themes like people of color, people with disability to show the whole spectrum of society as it comes. But its quite clear that anything gay you consider as not appropriate to present. And anything gay would explode in your head as a pushing down the throat exercise.

Our news talks about it 24/7.

Now if you had to relax a little and re read your post especially these 24/7 mentions, is it possible you might detect a fair amount of exaggerations? or is this how you feel exactly? that gay propaganda is on your screen 24/7 (even if you have to lash out at a simple positive article on the net). If this is how you feel and you feel this is the real world to you?, then there isn't much to reason and discuss with you, which is a pity. Just a little question, by any chance in between the news you watch and talks about it 24/7, did they mention the current Ebola and Isis situations? Its not fair is it for the news channel you watch to talk about gay issues 24/7 when you have every right to know that there is Ebola and Isis crises.

Of course I would not accuse you of being aggressive. Do you sound aggressive? of course not. I will just make sure that nothing about gays or homosexuals is mentioned where ever I know Fairhaired14 and other people that are deeply offended and raged.

Last edited:
Very wrong. This will surely alienate the traditional Catholics, who are far more numerous than the liberal ones. Especially in Soith America and Eastern Europe.

Maleth, first of all I respect you holding back your back your anger. Yes I did exaggerate. The point I was trying to get across is people are getting a biased picture of the controversy over homosexuality, from our media. It is a very popular theme on TV shows and what not. The gay-rights movement is supposed to be about tolerance and viewing it as being just as moral as heterosexuality. This is not at all what is happening. Instead people are receiving propaganda(it does qualify as propaganda) from the media and unless you're old or living under a rock you see it mentioned very oftenly in pop culture.

Whether homosexuality is inmoral or not is up to debate, people's opinion's should be respected as long as they don't resort to dis respect and hate(this is not at all what is happening). If it's the people' choose to accept homosexuality, they should not be throwing their bibles at those who dis agree and discriminate against them.

I'm not saying we life in a horrible world where there's Soviet-like propaganda and discrimination. What I am saying is western people need to be aware of various forms of propaganda and discrimination. Also, that we need to let go of our intense and hard feelings over issues like this, and move on living together in peace.

Very wrong. This will surely alienate the traditional Catholics, who are far more numerous than the liberal ones. Especially in Soith America and Eastern Europe.

Never mind Joeyc. todays conservative Catholics would have been considered heretics 100 years ago, so there is an element of moving on. Lets face it they are doing better then Islamic conservatives because they have gone back a few 100 years. Anyhows I always considered the Catholic church to be some 50 years backward. There are lots of things it takes for granted that it fiercly did not except in the past! And what does Catholic conservatism stand for anyway in lay mens terms? resistance to less power to women in Church affairs, ignoring the fact that undoubtley the historic Jesus himself has promoted the role of women in the church, it means more pomp and complicated rituals probably enjoy the Latin rituals too (where no body can understand what is being said). Im trying to think of one good thing why conservatives should be conserved. Maybe you can help me.

Maleth, first of all I respect you holding back your back your anger. Yes I did exaggerate.

Nice of you to admit. So conversation is still possible :)

The point I was trying to get across is people are getting a biased picture of the controversy over homosexuality, from our media. It is a very popular theme on TV shows and what not. The gay-rights movement is supposed to be about tolerance and viewing it as being just as moral as heterosexuality This is not at all what is happening. Instead people are receiving propaganda(it does qualify as propaganda).

Is it possible that what is 'creating awareness' its registering as propaganda in your mind (like putin says). Let me give you an example. For a whole week on our local station we have been having breast cancer awareness week. Every show on tv+news is giving lots of coverage. I have to admit I did not know what these people go through. They interviewed children of a parent that had to have treatment and what they go through. I never had the experience and I can easily say I don't care, but I really felt I have learned about this particular situation, and at any rate this can happen to anyone so its also an eye opener. Can you term that as propaganda?

from the media and unless you're old or living under a rock you see it mentioned very oftenly in pop culture.

education perhaps? I also see in pop culture many many other issues apart from the ones you mention. My mind does not focus only on one. Do not forget anyway that like women rights homosexual rights do not exist all over the world. The free world is lucky enough to have reached these levels, and they did not happen by people being submissive and keeping their mouth shut. There was a fair amount risks and personal sacrifices and sometimes death. Lets not pretend that rights simply move on on their on. In all fairness I do not see any mass protests or real propoganda where rights are already in place. Creating awarness of a particular situation cannot be termed propoganda. Example having two (gay) women in a real estate ad buying a house amongst 100 ads of a heterosexual couple buying a house together can neither be considered propoganda.(as putin says). Isnt that a fact of life?

Also, that we need to let go of our intense and hard feelings over issues like this, and move on living together in peace.

I agree but that usually happens when people feel they are having their rights respected and not some bigger group trying not to make it happen with one method or another. Let me give you an example. There was a time (when I was much younger) when I used to feel that people in wheelchairs are making too much of a fuss about everything. They write on papers they are often on shows to improve their accessibility to live normal lives.

I had to swallow it all when my dad went in a wheelchair and wanted to get him out and about. I was then VERY aware about the improvements that happened in relation to ramps in public buildings and general access. Also very aware of the frustration when going to areas were literally a wheelchair would not go and have to make some kind of arrangements to get my dad somewhere. Can I term that education and awareness propaganda?

This thread has been viewed 4849 times.

Back