Palasgians, pre Ancient Greeks...would their DNA be E-V13?

Thanks for the first answer, how about the next ones too, can you answer please?

I gave one paper but link between Armenian and Albanian is researched from serious scientists before more the 100 years to today, Pederson was one of respectable.
Armenians and Albanians. But in the Bronze age, in time when people speak proto Armenian and proto Albanian, they were closer to each other. Maybe as Baltic and Slavic people.
Probably it is reason why in their model proto Albanian was closer to forerunners of Iranian languages (North Iranian). It would be interesting to research if there are similar words between today’s Albanian and Caucasus North Iranian languages, because probability exists!

I don't know why you are so fixed about Albanian coming from Caucus, even if it was 5,000 years ago, there is no genetical link nor in language. Albanian is western balkanic branch coming straight from south central Anatolian (as most studies argue)

The french scholar (see minute 31) states Eastern Branch of PEI closely related with Armenian-Phrygian-Greek, while Albanian is of a Western branch Balkanic.
<strong><strong>

I suppose, according to model of New Zealand scientists, speakers of proto Albanian lived more Eastern in Caucasus than speakers of proto Armenian.
Where does it say that speakers of proto Albanians lived more eastern in new New Zeland Study? can you source it please?
The same study concludes that Albanian language is separated straight as a separate branch from Anatolian 5,100 ago (we have already discussed that)
But speakers of proto Armenian and proto Albanian had similarity by origin and haplogroups (R1b ht35, E-V13; difference is in proportion).
the relationships with R1b might be, however not as a majority, because we know that E-V13 is much earlier (check Maciamo neolithic Cultures maps below)

Maciamo argues Dorians with major R1b came to South east areas (albanian and greek speaking regions) from Hallistat Culture around 3,000 ybp.
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/neolit...rope_map.shtml
He also argues that...The most likely scenario is that the ancient Armenians originated in the southern Balkans in the Bronze Age, as a L32 offshoot of R1b, then migrated across Anatolia. The language was later satemised due to the long influence of Indo-Iranian languages, for example during the Mitanni period (c. 1500-1200 BCE) and during the Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BCE) when the region was part of the Satrapy of Armenia (the first historical state to be called 'Armenia'), when R1a-Z93 was introduced to Armenia.

The East European R1a-Z282 was probably brought by the Cimmerians, who are recorded to have settled around Lake Van in the Armenian Highland in the 8th century BCE. Although this is at much later time. This only confirms that R1a were the latest new comers at the Greek speaking regions and Albanian speaking regions.

Some experts considered tribe of Carpi as Albanians. And Costoboci tribe, too. Maybe another tribe comes to mind. For example I tried to find something about Piephigi tribe, but I find nothing, and for more tribes didn’t find data.
In the picture hypothetical Carpi movement from Romania/Moldavia to Albania.
Albanians_as_a_migrant_Dacian_people.png

Am not sure were you are finding this pictures (do you have the source?), this are surely not studies but "mythical theories" as you mentioned before.

These are AD periods, are e you aware of Albanians genetically and language were at South east Europe since at least 4,000 ybp?....

How can they migrate from AD times from north especially Carpatians Current Moldova and far north Romania?

r
ead the study i posted about IBD were it confirms that Albanians “identical by descent” are at the south east Europe Balkanic since at least4,000 ybp.

p_01.png

bottom row is 2550-4335 years ago, you can see that Albanian is the red colour and sufficiently at the very high percentage then the other neighbours at 2550-4335 years ago.

http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology...l.pbio.1001555

Unfortunately I will not be able for some time to participate in the forum. Long hot summer is made for enjoyment.

But I will come back, with new and fresh information, and probably I will open new thread.

I think it said much of what is important in this moment.

Paper by Lazaridis et al is imperfect/imprecise. The explanation is simple for this, researches did not have a lot of important data. For example they took Bedoins as proxy what is nonsense. They had no ancient genome from Near East. We'll know of more ancient European meta-populations as it will be many more studies and many more genomes are sequenced from across Eurasia and Northern Africa.

But, what they give, we can see interesting things. For example Albanians have little WHG and bigger ANE, similar to population of Anatolia/Caucasus. Someone based only this fact can think that they came later to the Balkans. For some who lived longer in Europe it is logical that WHG is bigger and ANE is smaller and this should be different from population of Anatolia/Caucasus. But let me not be understood. I would not speculate further about it since I told that conclusions drawn on the basis Lazaridis et al can be misleading.

The situation is similar to model by Ralf, Coop. They said that there are many possible histories shared ancestry. And this model is approximation and someone can have wrong conclusions based on it.

If the models can be misleading because they are approximation and due to the lack of appropriate data why they important. They are important for science because it is way to come to better, more robust models which will be lesser approximate and more to match the truth. For hobbyists however these models are irrelevant because they can be wrong concluded and lead to complete misinterpretations.

It is obvious that the population of Anatolia/Caucasus at near in ancient times (BA) is important for the interpretation of the movement of the population of the Balkans. In this regard it is also important to determine which routes were moving languages (their speakers), whether from Anatolia/Caucasus/near to the Balkans or inversely.

Here is the essential disagreements: whether the languages (their speakers) arrived from the Balkans to Anatolia/Caucasus/near or languages (their speakers) arrived from Anatolia/Caucasus/near to the Balkans. In ancient times it is a population with similar genomes, and with similar haplogropus. The approximate models can’t determine which population with similar genomes is older: in Anatolia/Caucasus/near or in Balkans.

My opinion is that in the case of Armenians and Albanians proto language originated in Eastern Anatolia/Caucasus or near. Anatolia/Caucasus/near are the cradle of language (their speakers) and bearers of haplogroups. From there were further movements of these populations including the part of them finished to the Balkans. Yes, there were reverse movements, from Balkans to Anatolia, but they were lesser important.

This is fundamental question that must be understood and concerns 50% of this discussion and refers to the ancient times:

1. Inhabitants of Anatolia/Caucasus/near mostly originate from Balkans
  2. The part of Balkan population (here we will focus only in today’s Albanians due to thread) mostly originate from Anatolia/Caucasus/near.

The other 50% of this discussion refers to where it has developed a modern Albanian. There are two opinions:

1. Modern Albanian is developed on the territory today’s Romania/Moldavia/Southern Ukraine (Dacian areas and near)
  2. Modern Albanian is emerged from Pelasgian (or Illyrian).

Two members of forum in this thread (Albanian origin) think that Albanian is continuity of Pelasgian. But we didn’t see evidence in this thread to support this claim. We have nothing to link Albanian with Illyrian, too.

Vis-a-vis 2. which is without evidence, I strongly support 1. . I presented arguments and proofs that the Albanian language is developed in Romania/Moldavia/SouthWest Ukraine, in the areas where majority were Dacians. I gave the sources which corroborate it, and more than 110 words which Albanian took from Romanian, and I can give much more (there are thousands).

In the science assumption about Pelasgian link with Albanian is rejected. It is old idea, from 1854, but it is obsolete now, and it is not in focus of serious scientists (except nationalists) for a long time.

Last edited:
[B said:
Garrick[/B];459689]
Unfortunately I will not be able for some time to participate in the forum. Long hot summer is made for enjoyment.
But I will come back, with new and fresh information, and probably I will open new thread.

Well except you are like running and leaving behind the questions you haven't answered, because you just write a lot usually without scientific arguments and all of those you had were from "mythical fictional theories" (you have mentioned by yourself).
Hopefully if you come back you answer those...

Albanians have little WHG and bigger ANE, similar to population of Anatolia/Caucasus. Someone based only this fact can think that they came later to the Balkans.

Yes of course ANE is later, and Albanian descend from ANE 17%, that is the percentage of newcomers, and ANE is not Anatolia nor Caucus but Yamna (and we are not going back where Yamna came from) which seem for the Albanians to descend from there around 3,500 (probably majority R1b)...current R1b within Albanians is 18% (very close number up to now still).

So to your answer, YES around 17% are late Albanian R1b newcomers at around 3,000 ybp. (if we can say this way)

However, Albanians have 77% of EN, and scientist argue that Sardinians are the population that is closest to early European farmers 2,7-9,12 with an estimated ~ 90% descent from them. Albanians are second and Greeks third. Now we all know that Early European farmers probably descend from the far south west Levant and far north East Egypt. But we are not going back from 10,000 ybp, and we know that Early European farming started very early at the very south east Europe as early as 10,000.

The situation is similar to model by Ralf, Coop. They said that there are many possible histories shared ancestry. And this model is approximation and someone can have wrong conclusions based on it.

The study argues that By far the highest rates of IBD within any populations is found between Albanian speakers—around 90 ancestors from 0–500 ya, and around 600 ancestors from 500–1,500 ya (so high that we left them out of Figure 5; see Figure S12). Beyond 1,500 ya, the rates of IBD drop to levels typical for other populations in the eastern grouping.
Albanian is the red colour and sufficiently at the very high percentage then the others at 2550-4335 years ago.

Furthermore, our Greek and Macedonian samples share much higher numbers of common ancestors with Albanian speakers than with other neighbors, possibly a result of historical migrations, or else perhaps smaller effects of the Slavic expansion in these populations. It is also interesting to note that the sampled Italians share nearly as much IBD with Albanian speakers as with each other. The Albanian language is a Indo-European language without other close relatives [53] that persisted through periods when neighboring languages were strongly influenced by Latin or Greek, suggesting an intriguing link between linguistic and genealogical history in this case.

I dont know why you say i got wrong conclusions when i ONLY copy paste the study arguing (above).
http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology...l.pbio.1001555

This is fundamental question that must be understood and concerns 50% of this discussion and refers to the ancient times:

1. Inhabitants of Anatolia/Caucasus/near mostly originate from Balkans
  2. The part of Balkan population (here we will focus only in today’s Albanians due to thread) mostly originate from Anatolia/Caucasus/near.

Neither the 1st nor 2nd were the questions, until you came to this thread and started arguing that Albanians originate from Caucus AD periods then originate from Carpi AD periods, then trying to link Albanian language with berber (non PEI), Romanian (AD periods) and Armenian. When clearly major studies argues that Albanian split from PEI directly at least 3,000 ybp and its a separate branch with no other links.
On the other side genetics has shown that Albanians are descend from south east Europe at least 4,000 ybp. So dont know how they came from Carpi (Moldavia) AD periods, you were only missing thousands of years though.
You have actually came with the least possible suppositions, with that of scientist (maybe you have some dislike for Albanians because it clearly shows you were one sided),

The other 50% of this discussion refers to where it has developed a modern Albanian. There are two opinions:

1. Modern Albanian is developed on the territory today’s Romania/Moldavia/Southern Ukraine (Dacian areas and near)
  2. Modern Albanian is emerged from Pelasgian (or Illyrian).

There is no such thing as modern Albanian (you came with this). its widely argued that Albanian language is at least 3,000 ybp. And current Albanians genetically descend from south east Europe of at least 4,000 ybp.
Now call them Pelazgian or Illyrian or any other names, it is obvious they were there (south east Europe) at least 4,000 ybp.

Two members of forum in this thread (Albanian origin) think that Albanian is continuity of Pelasgian. But we didn’t see evidence in this thread to support this claim. We have nothing to link Albanian with Illyrian, too.

Maciamo argues that E-V13 is since around 8,000 at the Peloponnese area South Greece, and we know that Albanians have the highest of E-V13 in the world (over 40%)
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/neolit...rope_map.shtml

So Even if they are not descend from Pelazgian, its sure they have the same dna since Early Neolithic at the south east Europe.

old_neolithic_map.gif

By 6,000 ybp all Albanian speaking regions and Greek speaking regions majority E-V13, including current Serbia mid to south (excludes Bulgaria and Romania)......Confirming that E-V13 spread from south (supporting that Albanians E-V13 never migrated from Carpi Moldovia)

late_neolithic_europe.gif

By 5,000 ybp Helladic Greece majority E-V13....even Vinca Culture majority E-V13

early_bronze_age_europe.gif

Then some R1a came at 4,000 to Mycenean Greece and Macedonia (probably in small number as still R1a is very low at south east Europe)

Then we have Dorians R1b at 3,000 ybp (probably in much more numbers than R1a as R1b is pretty high still around 17%)

So according to Maciamo overall it looks like since 9,000 ybp E-V13 was a majority in the south east (Albanian speaking regions and Greek), I2a pretty old (probably at the very small numbers and coming from Dalmatia).....R1b at high numbers around 3,000 and R1a in small numbers in 4,000.
J2 who is the 3rd major group after R1b (i have got not much info regarding that)

Vis-a-vis 2. which is without evidence, I strongly support 1. . I presented arguments and proofs that the Albanian language is developed in Romania/Moldavia/SouthWest Ukraine, in the areas where majority were Dacians. I gave the sources which corroborate it, and more than 110 words which Albanian took from Romanian, and I can give much more (there are thousands).

You have shown no scientific papers except "mythical fictional theories" as you mentioned. And borrowings between languages show no evidence, the evidence is that Albanian is thousands of years older than Romanian and dacian. Dont know what do you want to show with language borrowings as all the language do borrow through time.

I will not participate some time in the forum, but only here I will say that someone cannot see your appropriate arguments (it is not offense). All of these revolves around carriers of E-V13, but this haplogroup is prevalent in many nations and you can try calculate how small percent of E-V13 carriers in the world are Albanians, you cannot all E-V13 carriers to identify as Albanians. You’ll be surprised when I get back, and I will show that New Zealand scientists didn’t design their model accidentally, it is really Albanian has similarities with (Northern and Western) Iranian languages of Eastern Anatolia, Caucasus and near. Also, I don’t know why you underestimate Dacian and Romanian language, and Albanian loans from this language, and where you have evidence that Albanian is older than Dacian, maybe you here think about proto languages but it is different story plus proto Dacian can be old; I showed that Albanian borrowed a lot of words from Romanian, and I will give more, plus modern Albanian is not term that I invented, you can see this term is widely used. Science rejected link between Pelasgian and Albanian, you can see it in books and in Internet, I said nothing new.

How do you know which tribe in Roman historiography was Slavic,Germanic or anything else speaking unless their language is attested,like Roman historians were asking them who which language spoke when writing for them.Proto Slavs are imagination in this sence yours,Proto Slavic language exist Proto Slavs as unique "single tribe" does not.Nothing offensive there but the one that conquered the Balkans were in the Danube basin and in Pannonia not in the steppe,what is your argument that they came from somewhere else?they couldn't appear in 3 places at once,the steppe were Iranic and then Turkic after Kievan Rus conquered that become Slavic speaking,plus isolated Slavic groups could live well within the empire much prior,nothing weird in that,when 'Slavs" and other ethnic groups started to write we heard about their ethnic designations but not by outsiders,Serbs constantly were called Tribalians(Thracian tribe) by their South neighbors Greeks,but not the Serbs themselves except for the Tribalian coat of arms they used some times,you need arguments perhaps to prove that Slavic wasn't spoken there where exactly was the power base of those groups conquering the Balkans.
Panonians were not Slavs. They were yllirians, as we know from ancient sources. As much as we read, in Danube were not Slavic tribes till the 5 and 6 century. Sarmatians as we know were not Slavs

These words could come from Northern Epirotes, when they assimilated in Albanians, between 5-10 century. These words have little.

No one genetic study says that Albanians are 4.000 years in the Balkans. It would be nonsense, because Albanian as nation don't exist 4.000 years.

But there are a lot Romanian words in Albanian (which have Dacian, Slavic and Latin origin). Dacian was language of inhabitants of Dacia (today Romania) before Romanization.)

agjёroj (Alb.) to fast (Eng.)a ajuna (Rom.), Origin: Latin
argёsh; crude raft; harrow; Argeş; Dacian
argjend; silver; argint; Latin
arqitё; willow; rachita; Slavic
ashkё; wood splinter; aşchie Latin
avull; steam, vapor; abur; Dacian
baltё; swamp, marsh; balta; Dacian
bardhё; white; barza Ciconia sp.; Dacian
bark; belly, abdomen; burta; Dacian
barkё; boat; barca; Latin
bashkё; fleece, wool; basca; Dacian
begatё; rich; bogat; Slavic
bijё; daughter; cf. baiat boy; Dacian
bishtajё; pod, hull, pea; pastaie pod; Dacian
blude; wooden bowl; blid; Slavic
braz(d)ё; furrow; brazda; Slavic
brekё; pants; a se imbraca, bracinari; Latin
breshkё; tortoise; broasca frog; Dacian
brez; belt; briu, brine; Dacian
brushtull; heather; brusture; Dacian
bryme; frost; bruma; Latin
bukur; beautiful; bucuros happy; Dacian
but; big barrel; bute; Latin
buzё; lip, edge; buza; Dacian
cicё; breast, nipple; tita; Dacian
cjap; he-goat; tap; Dacian
ças; time; ceas; Slavic
çetё; clan, armed group; ceata, group; Slavic
çetinё; pine-tree; cetina, fir needles; Dacian

(to be continued) .
Serbs and Bulgarians don't have archaic words of Greek, why so? If Albanians came so late after the Slavs why Slavs don't have those loans. Especially in south Albania ( epirus ) are too many place names of Slavic origin. If the Slavs came first why they don't have early Greek words and neither earlier Latin words. East and West vlach dialects don't have archaic Latin words which show that this language is formed much later the early Roman invasion. Albanians have archaic loans from the Latin and Greek but the Slavs don't, even that Albanians came after the Slavs in West Balkans, what kind of logic is this of yours [emoji23] ? If Slavs came first why they don't borrowed nothing from the populations there? For Albanians is too easy to learn the Italian language, because of 500-600 years of Roman occupation their language is now closest to Italian language. We have some words which are proven to be Illyrian but for few of them we know the meaning. I like one of those words: Illyrian sika-English knife -Albanian thika . Sicar-ius, in Albanian Thikar or thikar-as . I can say to you Aphrodite [emoji6], but this goddess name is of pelasgian origin not Illyrian, and try to decipher it in Albanian [emoji6]. ...

[B said:
Garrick[/B];459739]
you cannot all E-V13 carriers to identify as Albanians.

Of course, i never said all E-V13 is Albanian. They are descend from E-V13 (highest in the world) and that confirms (genetically) that at least half of them never moved from Carpi Moldovia or Romania as you claim (because as shown E-V13 never moved from north to south)....Also never moved from east Anatolia/Caucus (see Maciamo maps).

I1 and I2a (15 %) confirms it never came from those areas.
R1b (19%) came from Dorians from Hallstat Culture at around 3,000 ybp (confirms it never came from those areas)
J1 (5%) might have came from central Anatolia (not Caucus) probably 4,000 ybp
J2 (14%) might have came from central Anatolia (not Caucus) probably 3,000 ybp
R1a (7.5%) This might be those slavic peoples and the most recent newcomers (1,000 ybp), surelly from much northers areas, it could be Carpi or today Poland.
Although R1a according to Maciamo came 4,000 ybp as (non yet slavic) to Mycenaean Greece far south and Peloponnese Trciniec Culture (probably as a minority bringing around 7%), and to current Albanian speaking regions bringing less than 5% at that period.

Slavic Haplogroup

10801618_877863175579140_4612708293015802980_n.png

You see what you don't understand is, if say 5% or even 10% came from somewhere else you come up with a claim immediately that all Albanians originate from there (we know that all the Europeans are mixed by level of %)....Therefore claiming that Albanians came from Carpi (AD periods) is really funny because everyone who understands English here and from all the studies know that that is not the case. (especially when studies claims that slavic people are the most recent arrivals in south east Europe)

I don’t know why you underestimate Dacian and Romanian language,

I never underestimate Dacian and Romanian language, i just showed that as per major studies that Albanian is not derived from those languages nor even migrated (as people) from there.

and Albanian loans from this language, and where you have evidence that Albanian is older than Dacian,

Well you have seen that from so many studies that Albanian and ancient greek Language is older than Dacian. And we know that Albanian and ancient Greek language have old archaic where Dacian or Romanian doesn't.

I showed that Albanian borrowed a lot of words from Romanian, and I will give more

Borrowing (as all the languages borrow from one another) from Romanian/ Dacian (current Moldova) does not mean language came from there, neither migration came from there (as you claim). i don't know what you intention is with that.
There are thousands of Albanian words and they have the borrowings from Latin, because of course smaller populations will always borrow from larger ones (even if they are geographically far). Then Illyrian, ancient greek loans, Gothic loans etc....

We have some words which are proven to be Illyrian but for few of them we know the meaning. I like one of those words: Illyrian sika-English knife -Albanian thika . Sicar-ius, in Albanian Thikar or thikar-as .

Boring (it is not offense), how many time I hear/see it (you don’t want my holiday).

According experts maybe Messapic language is the closest to Illyrian. Of course some influences were from Liburnian, Celtic, Greek, Thracian , Latin etc.

There are some Illyrian words:

(Illyrian) abeis = (Eng.) snakes
(Latin) angius; (Lith.) angis; (Schytian) ahis; (Arm.) auj; (Tocharian) auk
(Nothing to do with Albanian = gjarpër, gjarpërinjtë)

(Illyrian) Bagaron, (Eng.) warm
(Phyrgian) bekos = bread; (Irish) goba = blacksmith; (Greek) phogein = to roast; (Arm.) Bots = flame
(Nothing to do with Albanian = ngrohtë)

(Illyrian) deuádai, (Eng.) satyr, satyrs
(Schytian) dhūnoti = he shakes, (Greek) thýein = to rage, seethe; (Old English) dwæs = , foolish; (Lith.) dvesiù = to perish, die (animals); (Hittite) tuhhai = to gasp; (Serbian) dvodelan (two words: dva deo) = two piece.
(Nothing to do with Albanian = njeri i shthurur)
(Albanian demon is from Romanian demon, Orygin: Latin daemon)

(Illyrian) sabaia, sabaium, sabaius, (Eng.) a type of beer
(Latin) sapere = to taste, (Schytian) sabar = sap, juice, nektar, (Avest.) višāpa = having poisonous juices; (Old Church Slavonic) sveptǔ = bee's honey
(Nothing to do with Albanian birrë = beer; shijoj = taste; lëng = juice etc.)

Toponyms, hydronyms, anthroponyms, etc.:

(Illyrian) Bindus = (Eng.) river god;
(Old Irish) banne = drop; (Scythian) bindú, vindú = drops, gob, spot

(Illyrian) Bulsinus = Büžanim hill
(IE) bhl.kos; (Eng) balk; (Middle Irish) blog = piece, fragment, (Greek) phálanx = trunk, log, (Lith.) balžiena = crossbar; (Serbian) blažína = roof beam; (Schytian) bhuríjāu = cart arms;

(Illyrian) Tergitio = (Eng.) merchant;
(Old Church Slavonic) trĭgĭ; (Serbian) trg = market; (Old Russian) tǔrgǔ = market, (Latvian) tirgus

(Illyrian) Tómaros, mountain in Eastern Pindus
(Old Irish) temel = darkness; (Middle Irish) teimen = dark grey; (Lat.) tenebrae = darkness, (Schytian) tamas = darkness, (Old Church Slavonic) tima = darkness; (Serbian) tama = darkness;

Someone can see some Serbian words similar to Illyrian. Should I say that Illyrian is forerunner of Serbian? No.

But Illyrian words nothing to do with Albanian. Does someone want yet?

Link Illyrian with Albanian is obsolete. Illyrian and Albian are different. They are not even in the same group: Illyrian is Centum, but Albanian is Satem.

Albanian borrowed thousands words from Romanian. Albanians probably lived in Dacian homeland or in neighborhood and it is logical why so many words in Albanian are Romanian.

For example Serbian borrowed much less words from Greek, but it gives a wealth of language and allows to people to better understand the concepts that would be harder expressed that these Greek words didn’t enter in Serbian, so it is same for words from another languages.

Albanian tribes were in Dacia and/or neighborhood. Greek and Roman intellectuals all tribes Eastern from Dacians named as Schytians, but we know that term Schytians addressed a lot of tribes which were not the same origin. It is believed that Schytians are Iranian people but not all tribes were Iranian origin. There were tribes of Turkish origin, and nonIranian tribes with Caucasus and near.

Romanian experts claimed that tribes Karpi and Costoboci came to today's Albania. It is possible that tribes (or some others) were not Dacian nor Scithyans of Iranian origin but Albanian.

History notices invading Costoboci to Greece in 2nd century. Greek intellectuals noticed that Costoboci were very aggressive, and that local Greek inhabitants had to give hard resist to these barbarian invaders how these Greeks called them.

[B said:
Garrick[/B];459739]

Of course, i never said all E-V13 is Albanian. They are descend from E-V13 (highest in the world) and that confirms (genetically) that at least half of them never moved from Carpi Moldovia or Romania as you claim (because as shown E-V13 never moved from north to south)....Also never moved from east Anatolia/Caucus (see Maciamo maps).

From where you know it? Direction of moving Caucasus, Stepes, Carpathians, Balkan is very possible. And all is land (not sea, not needs for boats).

noUseForAname; said:
I1 and I2a (15 %) confirms it never came from those areas.
R1b (19%) came from Dorians from Hallstat Culture at around 3,000 ybp (confirms it never came from those areas)
J1 (5%) might have came from central Anatolia (not Caucus) probably 4,000 ybp
J2 (14%) might have came from central Anatolia (not Caucus) probably 3,000 ybp
R1a (7.5%) This might be those slavic peoples and the most recent newcomers (1,000 ybp), surelly from much northers areas, it could be Carpi or today Poland.
Although R1a according to Maciamo came 4,000 ybp as (non yet slavic) to Mycenaean Greece far south and Peloponnese Trciniec Culture (probably as a minority bringing around 7%), and to current Albanian speaking regions bringing less than 5% at that period.

Speculations or no, it is not much important for the thread. This is important moving of speakers Proto Albanians (probably carriers R1b ht35 and E-V13, maybe still some haplogroups participated but it is enough) from Caucasus and near to Southern Ukraine/Moldavia/Romania. What's interesting, Ancient Armenians had R1b and E1b!

noUseForAname said:
You see what you don't understand is, if say 5% or even 10% came from somewhere else you come up with a claim immediately that all Albanians originate from there (we know that all the Europeans are mixed by level of %)....Therefore claiming that Albanians came from Carpi (AD periods) is really funny because everyone who understands English here and from all the studies know that that is not the case. (especially when studies claims that slavic people are the most recent arrivals in south east Europe)

You make mistake. I used only Romanian and nonSlavic sources, I have friends who give me data. I didn't use Slavic sources, I don't know that sources.

Serious scientists wrote about coming Carpi tribe (and Costoboci) from Romania/Moldavia to Albania. I would not underestimate these scientists.

noUseForAname said:
Borrowing (as all the languages borrow from one another) from Romanian/ Dacian (current Moldova) does not mean language came from there, neither migration came from there (as you claim). i don't know what you intention is with that.

Only intention is human and intellectual curiosity. I like to know movements of populations from old times to today. Once haplogroup E-V13 was much numerous in Near East/Anatolia/Caucasus than today. What's happened, where these carriers went is very interesting. Of course once I carriers hold the Balkans and almost all Europe. Haplogroup G, too. Etc. For me, changes are interesting, and causes. For example for me it is very interesting model of New Zealand scientists, they bring some new, modern in science. And I like to know about extincted languages and haplogruop carriers. For example, E-V13 carriers surely spoke Afro Asiatic languages, but these languages are extinct. Maybe in any language including Albanian some old words from these extinct languages survived. It is same story for languages of I (I1, I2) carriers. They surely had their languages (not IE!) but the languages extinct. I like intellectual challenges and lot of things, but unfortunately the day is 24 h, not 48 h.

This stuff is so complicated.
I will say my opinion based on the Armenian example.
I think Albanians should search their origin of IE in the R1b-ht35. Because it is starting to become clear that isolates like Armenian, Greek and Albanian are related to this R1b distribution.
E-V13 is not relevant to the IE question. E-V13 is substratic. Maybe Greeks have a second Dorianic layer related to R1a that makes them close to Iranic languages.
The Armenians have substratic words with Greek but also with Albanian. Most certainly these substratic words are related to E-V13 and G2a.

You can take a look at this substratic words here. Armenian, Greek, Albanian and Latin

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/27106-Latin-amp-Greek-words-of-non-Indo-European-origin/page2

I think Albanians should search their origin of IE in the R1b-ht35. Because it is starting to become clear that isolates like Armenian, Greek and Albanian are related to this R1b distribution.
E-V13 is not relevant to the IE question. E-V13 is substratic. Maybe Greeks have a second Dorianic layer related to R1a that makes them close to Iranic languages.
The Armenians have substratic words with Greek but also with Albanian. Most certainly these substratic words are related to E-V13 and G2a.

You can take a look at this substratic words here. Armenian, Greek, Albanian and Latin

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/27106-Latin-amp-Greek-words-of-non-Indo-European-origin/page2

Thanks Arame, that makes a lot of sense.

[B said:
Garrick[/B];459848]

From where you know it (regarding E-V13)? Direction of moving Caucasus, Stepes, Carpathians, Balkan is very possible. And all is land (not sea, not needs for boats).

Are you reading the whole text what i write ? (it seems you only read two three words and start with your own opinion)
please let me know if you want to learn further or just want to be fixed (as you would just waste my time)

Maciamo confirms that E-V13 never moved from north to south and neither from Baltic nor Caucus nor even straight from Anatolia.
He confirms that E-V13 was indigenous at least since 8,000 ybo at south east Europe especially south Greece and Peloponnese

Albanians descend from that (highest % in the World) how can they come from Carpi (Moldovia Area)?

So Even if they are not descend from Pelazgian, its sure they descend (majority) from the south east Europe since Early Neolithic

old_neolithic_map.gif

By 6,000 ybp all Albanian speaking regions and Greek speaking regions majority E-V13, including current Serbia mid to south (excludes Bulgaria and Romania)......Confirming that E-V13 spread from south (supporting that Albanians E-V13 never migrated from Carpi Moldovia)

late_neolithic_europe.gif

By 5,000 ybp Helladic Greece majority E-V13....even Vinca Culture majority E-V13

early_bronze_age_europe.gif

Last edited:

Yes (looks like it), although distribution of language does not mean that all of the migration came with it.

Maciamo argues that Hittite (central Anatolia) were mostly R1b and they spoke EI, it is consistent with the most studies that Albanian separated from Anatolian branch 5,000 or 3,000 ybp.
We know Hittites were around 4,000, so its very likely Albanian language derived from R1b Hittites and formed the language in the south east Europe 3,500 ybp.

That might mean also that R1b grew since 4,000 ybp at current Albanians to 19%, majority seem to be descend from south east Europe since 7,000 from E-V13 (over 40%)

My supposition is that Albanian genetically descend from south east Europe since around 6,000 ybp.
E-V13 (over 40%) and another I and Ie2 by 15% = 55%
R1b Hittite came around 4,000 ybp, bringing EI = 19%
Then J2 came (some from Hittite J2) around 3,000 ybp = 19%
R1a - M458 (slavic tribes) came around 1,000 ybp = 7%

That is why in this thread the intention is to link weather before the Greek inhabitants in the south east Europe Pelazgians or other tribes were mostly E-V13 genetically.
It is interesting that Maciamo gives Vinca Culture 6,000 ybp E-V13 as a majority, it might be that PElazgians mostly E-V13 and other tribes with major E-V13 spread from south current Greece forming Vinca Culture 6,000 years ago.

We know Hittites were around 4,000, so its very likely Albanian language derived from R1b Hittites and formed the language in the south east Europe 3,500 ybp.

In Hittite language some features of IE language lack. Hittite language technically is not Proto IE, but sister language Proto IE.

If your hypothesis is accurate it means that Albanian is not utterly IE.

But Albanian is IE.

And you can see where New Zealand scientists which put it:

2003112611.jpg

Of course, and lot of other classifications of IE exist.

But nowhere Albanian and Hittite make same branch.

According it your hypothesis is not accurate.

It is interesting that Maciamo gives Vinca Culture 6,000 ybp E-V13 as a majority, it might be that PElazgians mostly E-V13 and other tribes with major E-V13 spread from south current Greece forming Vinca Culture 6,000 years ago.

What to do Vinca culture with Albanians?

We do not know which haplogroups people of Vinca culture had. But anyway, you keep trying this nonsense, that all E-V13 in the world, in history and now, is connected with Albanians.

No, it is big foolishness.

You can see E1b1b in Europe and Turkey:

Austria 8% (339.000 males)
Belarus 4% (189.320)
Belgium 5% (270.990)
Bosnia and Herzegovina 12% (232.290)
Bulgaria 23.5% (846.650)
Croatia 10% (214.530)
Czech 6% (316.860)
Cyprus 20% (83.890)
Denmark 2.5% (71.110)
England 2% (530.120)
Estonia 2.5% (16.410)
Finland 0.5% (13.600)
France 7.5% (2.486.930)
Germany 5.5% (2.229.800)
Greece 21% (1.161.600)
Hungary 8% (395.090)
Latvia 0.5% (4.950)
Lithuania 1% (14.540)
Macedonia FYROM 21.5% (136.290 withot Albanians)
Malta 9% (19.040)
Moldavia 13% (231.370)
Montenegro 27% (83.880)
Netherlands 3.5% (296.080)
Norway 1% (25.530)
Poland 3.5% (670.690)
Portugal 14% (739.350)
Romania 15% (1.509.120)
Russia 2.5% (1.753.380)
Scotland 1.5% (39.720)
Serbia 18% (639.620)
Slovakia 6.5% (176.020)
Slovenia 5% (51.530)
Spain 7% (1.627.770)
Sweden 3% (146.210)
Switzerland 7.5% (300.790)
Turkey 11% (4.273.270)
Ukraine 5.5% (1.249.220)
Wales 4% (62.260)

Albania 27.5% (389.360)
Kosovo (Albanians) 47.5% (372.570)
Macedonia (Albanians) 32.4% (82.470)

Total Europe + Turkey = 24.293.220
Total Albanians = 844.400

%E1b1b Albanians in whole Europe + Turkey = 3.48%

For Europeans/Turks and Albanians absolute amonunts would be lower if we take E-V13 but %Albanians in Europe would be similar (perhaps a little higher but it do not change anything).

(And percent was even lesser that we took in amount population of Caucasus, Lebanon, Syria etc.)

Only 3.48% E1b1b in Europe plus Turkey are Albanians but you claim that all about E1b1b carriers in history Europe/Turkey from 10.000 years before and earlier to today is linked with these 3.48%.

And you can see where New Zealand scientists which put it:

For the 7th time...you have misrepresented the whole study completely by taking the FAKE picture (from some other study)

This is the real PICTURE from the stydy of Atkinson, New Zeland....

1: Albanian language is not a subgroup of indic/Iranian (see table below). If it would have been a subgroup then it would fall inside Indic/Iranic
2: Indic/Iranic split 4,600 years ago (own separate branch), Albanian split 6,000 years ago (own separate branch). Colours show separate branches (read the whole source in details please)
3: On the other side Greek and Armenian split 6,800 years ago (therefore own Branch), although it mentions Greek only 800 years old (probably this is only for the modern Greek and not ancient Greek). And Albanian 600 years old (probably this is only for a modern Albanian)
4: The main language groupings are colourcoded. Branch lengths are proportional to the inferred maximum-likelihood estimates ofevolutionary change per cognate....
5: For example *Italic also includes the French/Iberian subgroup, So Italic main branch and subgroups are French/Iberian.
6: So the main groups branches (from older to recent) are: Anatolian, Tocharian, Armenian, Greek, Albanian, Iranian (Indo-Iranian), Indic (indo-Iranian), Slavic, Baltic, Germanic, Italic.....

Now my question to you is: Why the study then shows Albanian as its own Main branch?
Did you even read the source or you just found that pic and wanted to be one sided no matter what?

F1.large.jpg

https://www.webdepot.umontreal.ca/Us...ayAtkinson.pdf

What to do Vinca culture with Albanians?
you keep trying this nonsense, that all E-V13 in the world, in history and now, is connected with Albanians

(who said about Albanians) i think you are not understanding English sufficiently
Maciamo argues that E-V13 is indigenous from South Greece/Peloponnese since 8,000 ybp...and inhabitants of Vinca Culture by 6,000 ybp where majority E-V13 and they came there from South Greece/Peloponnese.

No, it is big foolishness.

Well, You say that to Maciamo buddy....

noUseforAname

I think the Hittite branch is to early. Yes probably it was R1b but most certainly it was from different branch. I think Albanian branch will be under R1b-Z2103. The same as Armenians and Greeks.
How much Albanians have this specific subclade? Is there any information about that?

This thread has been viewed 327302 times.

Back