Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 581

Thread: Palasgians, pre Ancient Greeks...would their DNA be E-V13?

  1. #526
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    36


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Progon View Post
    E-V13 is a Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age intruder in Romania.
    Yes and no. The biggest problem noted along those debates is the GENERIC nomination of EV-13, + or -. Because there are EV-13 subclades and subclades, with different ages. So, your statement ''E-V13 is a Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age intruder in Romania'' is at least improper if not totally inaccurate. 'Pure' EV-13 from YFULL is: ''formed 7800 ybp, TMRCA 4900 ybp''. It is so hard to put some (+) or (-) before or after EV-13 to clarify the subject ? Back to my opinion, all I was said that the thracians had theirs origins in Turdas culture horizon III from where they spread all over the Balkans. I can't bond a people to a sole/unique Haplo because we all know a culture cannot be identified by only one haplo. I believe, Turdas EV-13 subclade(s) got a serious IE infusion from Krs/Cris culture from West and generate a very viable population, the thracians. Only my 2 cents.

  2. #527
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    432

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    Yes and no. The biggest problem noted along those debates is the GENERIC nomination of EV-13, + or -. Because there are EV-13 subclades and subclades, with different ages. So, your statement ''E-V13 is a Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age intruder in Romania'' is at least improper if not totally inaccurate. 'Pure' EV-13 from YFULL is: ''formed 7800 ybp, TMRCA 4900 ybp''. It is so hard to put some (+) or (-) before or after EV-13 to clarify the subject ? Back to my opinion, all I was said that the thracians had theirs origins in Turdas culture horizon III from where they spread all over the Balkans. I can't bond a people to a sole/unique Haplo because we all know a culture cannot be identified by only one haplo. I believe, Turdas EV-13 subclade(s) got a serious IE infusion from K�r�s/Cris culture from West and generate a very viable population, the thracians. Only my 2 cents.
    We have the Greeks and Illyrians as well, Epirotans, Macedonians.

  3. #528
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-03-18
    Posts
    523

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-A24070
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1a

    Ethnic group
    Bædzænæg
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    Hmmm, I agree with Aspurg in most of the sections but in some, not. Particularly here about V-13 and Vinca's, I agree with you with some differences. I have no doubt Vinca's had some upper EV-13, but they extended north till romanian Turdas site horizon II (hence the name Vinca-Turdas culture) where some very important things happened, in the archaeologically speaking point of view. Turdas horizon III is contemporary with pannonian Starcevo-Cris culture. Basically IMHO, EV-13 origin of 'explozion' is here in Turdas/intraCarpathian Transylvania starting in layer/horizon II and a peak on horizon I (which corespond with the rising of the 'thracians'). To shorten, first Starcevo-Cris inhabitants (? haplo) admixed with Vinca's generated the EV-13 Balkan thracian story. From there, under steppe pressure or not (?), they expand south. That's my opinion. On the other hand, I believe Vincas came from S/SE, they were EV-13 haplo on a different route than the North pannonian non E haplo Starcevo-Cris other population.
    There is nothing to agree or disagree, anyone who even phantoms connecting the E-V13 spread with Vinca culture spread is either a troll, hopelessly dumb, or he has some other motives.. I do not bother to read verbal diarrhea of noUseForAname.. E-V13 is EBA hg and all of these cultures you mention are irrelevant for E-V13 spread.. Plus they were dominated by the G2a clades and even C-V20, H2 must have been more common there than E-V13..

  4. #529
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    36


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Aspurg View Post
    There is nothing to agree or disagree, anyone who even phantoms connecting the E-V13 spread with Vinca culture spread is either a troll, hopelessly dumb, or he has some other motives.. I do not bother to read verbal diarrhea of noUseForAname.. E-V13 is EBA hg and all of these cultures you mention are irrelevant for E-V13 spread.. Plus they were dominated by the G2a clades and even C-V20, H2 must have been more common there than E-V13..
    Man, do you think you're some kind of a superior boss offending anyone who's not on your side ? Is that a DISCUSSION forum, or what ? Do you monopolize the whole DNA subject here and all others are stupid ? I don't want the moderator bane you for the ongoing insults because you are really a pro here and we learn a lot from your's debates. But if you want a gipsy style word fight, you will get it soon. I told you, I have this beliefs about EV-13 and thracians and you could not provide sufficient credible arguments to sustain that EV13 is EBA. EV-13 is FORMED about 8000 ybp, well beyond the EBA, despite the TMRCA of 4900ybp (which can be pushed further back in history whensoever new ancient DNA will be found) and you just don't cope with that matter. Off course,it seems you don't read whole what others said, because right above I wrote something analytical about this ''EV13'' aspect.

  5. #530
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-03-18
    Posts
    523

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-A24070
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1a

    Ethnic group
    Bædzænæg
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    Man, do you think you're some kind of a superior boss offending anyone who's not on your side ? Is that a DISCUSSION forum, or what ? Do you monopolize the whole DNA subject here and all others are stupid ?
    Just because it is a free discussion it doesn't mean somebody should get away posting nonsensical content at least not in a serious discussion. What this guy posted was nonsensical or more colloquially "stupid". Does posting nonsense make one look "smart" or "stupid"?? It is not about throwing insults, rather stating facts..

    Besides the said person is basically insulting the E-V13 as a hg by trying to reduce it to a mere EEF farmer lineage which it is not (because of BA expansion). So I won't be playing nice with such a person.


    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    I don't want the moderator bane you for the ongoing insults because you are really a pro here and we learn a lot from your's debates. But if you want a gipsy style word fight, you will get it soon.
    I do not run away from a fight, and it is not easy to prevail in such a contest against me because I happen to know alot about humans, including their behavioral patterns..

    The only reason I came to Eupedia is to debate on some hg's, initially it was just the one. I would say if the forum is about serious discussion the ones posting nonsense should be banned, there is no reason to debate what has already been determined as factual. Unless that is the plan, nonsensical talk can be "productive" in a sense that it increases the traffic, online chitchat "forum" can have alot more success than a "serious" site. I have experience in moderating much larger sites than Eupedia (not genetics, ethnology related, most people are not into that.)..

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    I told you, I have this beliefs about EV-13 and thracians and you could not provide sufficient credible arguments to sustain that EV13 is EBA. EV-13 is FORMED about 8000 ybp, well beyond the EBA, despite the TMRCA of 4900ybp (which can be pushed further back in history whensoever new ancient DNA will be found) and you just don't cope with that matter. Off course,it seems you don't read whole what others said, because right above I wrote something analytical about this ''EV13'' aspect.
    You need to comprehend the basics of Genetics. Formation date is not relevant when it comes to estimating the expansion time, TMRCA date is. Because From 8000 ybp to 4900 ybp E-V13 was a minor lineage likely confined to an area. 8000 ybp E-V13 simply separated from its sister Neolithic E-L618 branches. This 8000 ybp date (TMRCA for L618) is relevant for a small Neolithic expansion, and you see two other L618 clades, including one in Albania.. Again you are looking at the E-L618's TMRCA.. Expansions follow the TMRCA not formation date..

    Parallel to V13 there are 43 other SNP's.. These signify a long bottleneck V13 went through. What is relevant is that millions of modern V13+ men descend from one person who lived 4900 ybp, that is already sufficient grounds to say that the E-V13 EBA bottleneck itself has nothing to do with any sort of Neolithic expansion whatsoever, be it Vinca, Tripillia, Lengyel, Cardial etc. It doesn't matter if an ancient DNA is found splitting the V13 node, he will be the sample which hasn't left any living descendants.. And how is that relevant for V13 bottleneck which has left huge number of descendants?

    I do read, usually all or most, but already after few words I can see the pattern, like with this guy..

  6. #531
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    432

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    E-V13 descend from a man who lived in 4600-4700 YBP, his name was Proteus and he traded with Ancient Egypt where he was put into hard labour for 15 years in building the Pyramids. Proteus was a strong man, he fathered many sons.

  7. #532
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Aspurg View Post
    Just because it is a free discussion it doesn't mean somebody should get away posting nonsensical content at least not in a serious discussion. What this guy posted was nonsensical or more colloquially "stupid". Does posting nonsense make one look "smart" or "stupid"?? It is not about throwing insults, rather stating facts..

    Besides the said person is basically insulting the E-V13 as a hg by trying to reduce it to a mere EEF farmer lineage which it is not (because of BA expansion). So I won't be playing nice with such a person.




    I do not run away from a fight, and it is not easy to prevail in such a contest against me because I happen to know alot about humans, including their behavioral patterns..

    The only reason I came to Eupedia is to debate on some hg's, initially it was just the one. I would say if the forum is about serious discussion the ones posting nonsense should be banned, there is no reason to debate what has already been determined as factual. Unless that is the plan, nonsensical talk can be "productive" in a sense that it increases the traffic, online chitchat "forum" can have alot more success than a "serious" site. I have experience in moderating much larger sites than Eupedia (not genetics, ethnology related, most people are not into that.)..



    You need to comprehend the basics of Genetics. Formation date is not relevant when it comes to estimating the expansion time, TMRCA date is. Because From 8000 ybp to 4900 ybp E-V13 was a minor lineage likely confined to an area. 8000 ybp E-V13 simply separated from its sister Neolithic E-L618 branches. This 8000 ybp date (TMRCA for L618) is relevant for a small Neolithic expansion, and you see two other L618 clades, including one in Albania.. Again you are looking at the E-L618's TMRCA.. Expansions follow the TMRCA not formation date..

    Parallel to V13 there are 43 other SNP's.. These signify a long bottleneck V13 went through. What is relevant is that millions of modern V13+ men descend from one person who lived 4900 ybp, that is already sufficient grounds to say that the E-V13 EBA bottleneck itself has nothing to do with any sort of Neolithic expansion whatsoever, be it Vinca, Tripillia, Lengyel, Cardial etc. It doesn't matter if an ancient DNA is found splitting the V13 node, he will be the sample which hasn't left any living descendants.. And how is that relevant for V13 bottleneck which has left huge number of descendants?

    I do read, usually all or most, but already after few words I can see the pattern, like with this guy..
    I think the only issue is your rhetoric, because your points make total sense, pretty sound arguments overall. As someone who has had similar argumentative style I completely understand :) Somehow arguments to people like us, even ones based in facts, get pretty confrontational.

    You are pretty knowledgeable regarding popular genetics and know your way around YDNA. But I would advice to be more patient with people who might not be on the same page. Thing with science is to reach a consensus, which in the end is just a consensus, even the strongest theory is up for falsification, and I think that is the point. The thing is even with really strong arguments, it is easy to make someone disagree with you simply on rhetorical grounds, due to confrontational argumentative style (talking from experience trust me). This way a consensus is avoided, even when both parties would otherwise agree...

    Now, in the past I would take statements I perceived as wrong confrontationaly. And act similarly. But I think its very taxing for oneself to go that route. Some patience is beneficial both to your persuasive effort as well as educating someone that might not be on the same page.

    PS: I am curious. How come you have such disdain for farmer lineages? IMO they are as important, if not more important in the development of modern men/societies as any invading Bronze Age "alphas*" (*not really my opinion, I find it funny, but somehow I get the sense that that is your worldview)...

    Personally I do not really buy that much the narrative and dichotomy among anthropological forums, of ubermensch and plebs, invaders and helots, bronze age alphas and farmers... But that is just me, I am not sold.

    But keep in mind people have different world views, for some people being an ancient farmer, among the first to thrust humanity into an era of surplus, the kind of surplus that allowed, V13 like people to have millions of descendants today is a pretty big deal .
    So maybe when they try to argue for a more ancient origin of V13, they do not mean to degrade your lineage...

    PPS: My paternal ancestors owned and ran large farms up to 60 years ago, too much land to even be worked by one family, necessitating sharecroppers. I am in no way ashamed that my grandfathers when they were not needed in conflicts used to farm. Let alone any shame for what some ancestor 4000 years ago might have done to survive.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

    Franz Kafka

  8. #533
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-03-18
    Posts
    523

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-A24070
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1a

    Ethnic group
    Bædzænæg
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    I think the only issue is your rhetoric, because your points make total sense, pretty sound arguments overall. As someone who has had similar argumentative style I completely understand :) Somehow arguments to people like us, even ones based in facts, get pretty confrontational.

    You are pretty knowledgeable regarding popular genetics and know your way around YDNA. But I would advice to be more patient with people who might not be on the same page. Thing with science is to reach a consensus, which in the end is just a consensus, even the strongest theory is up for falsification, and I think that is the point. The thing is even with really strong arguments, it is easy to make someone disagree with you simply on rhetorical grounds, due to confrontational argumentative style (talking from experience trust me). This way a consensus is avoided, even when both parties would otherwise agree...
    Now, in the past I would take statements I perceived as wrong confrontationaly. And act similarly. But I think its very taxing for oneself to go that route. Some patience is beneficial both to your persuasive effort as well as educating someone that might not be on the same page.
    That much is true, one needs to have patience, but also I wasn't born with knowledge, I gained it, and these people who are not on the same page can make an effort and browse the forum. That's what I did originally, I didn't ask anyone for any explanation and clarification..


    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    PS: I am curious. How come you have such disdain for farmer lineages? IMO they are as important, if not more important in the development of modern men/societies as any invading Bronze Age "alphas*" (*not really my opinion, I find it funny, but somehow I get the sense that that is your worldview)...

    Personally I do not really buy that much the narrative and dichotomy among anthropological forums, of ubermensch and plebs, invaders and helots, bronze age alphas and farmers... But that is just me, I am not sold.

    But keep in mind people have different world views, for some people being an ancient farmer, among the first to thrust humanity into an era of surplus, the kind of surplus that allowed, V13 like people to have millions of descendants today is a pretty big deal .
    So maybe when they try to argue for a more ancient origin of V13, they do not mean to degrade your lineage...

    PPS: My paternal ancestors owned and ran large farms up to 60 years ago, too much land to even be worked by one family, necessitating sharecroppers. I am in no way ashamed that my grandfathers when they were not needed in conflicts used to farm. Let alone any shame for what some ancestor 4000 years ago might have done to survive.
    These forums are indeed full of alpha vs beta, conqueror vs conquered etc. like are other forums in another way (in sports forums people argue all the time who's better etc.). I don't have disdain for EEF's, but IE's were the conquerors, EEF's were wiped out basically, EEF remnants be it cultural or genetic which survived did so by becoming "militarized" themselves. Etruscans, non-IE's for example were not "peaceful farmers". These EEF's from 7000 ybp were forgotten history 3000 ybp. In fact Early Rome was often dominated by the Etruscans, and Romans learned alot from them. That's how Roman Republic came to be, as Romans finally managed to liberate themselves from the Etruscan yoke in 509 BC.

    In Ancient Greece pre-IE elements had huge influence in culture and autosomal DNA ofc. Not necessarily EEF (more of Minoan influence).

    Farming was something practiced by most IE groups in Antiquity, the original IE's were nomadic people. Only peoples like Scythians, Sarmatians continued to live that lifestyle in Antiquity. Which is why they were genetically still pretty close to proto-IE's. Even Slavs were more distant from the proto-IE's, as they mixed with some non-IE EHG's.. So most of IE groups got sedentized and that usually meant taking up farming.

  9. #534
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    36


    Country: Romania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspurg View Post
    Just because it is a free discussion it doesn't mean somebody should get away posting nonsensical content at least not in a serious discussion. What this guy posted was nonsensical or more colloquially "stupid". Does posting nonsense make one look "smart" or "stupid"?? It is not about throwing insults, rather stating facts.. Besides the said person is basically insulting the E-V13 as a hg by trying to reduce it to a mere EEF farmer lineage which it is not (because of BA expansion). So I won't be playing nice with such a person. I do not run away from a fight, and it is not easy to prevail in such a contest against me because I happen to know alot about humans, including their behavioral patterns.. The only reason I came to Eupedia is to debate on some hg's, initially it was just the one. I would say if the forum is about serious discussion the ones posting nonsense should be banned, there is no reason to debate what has already been determined as factual. Unless that is the plan, nonsensical talk can be "productive" in a sense that it increases the traffic, online chitchat "forum" can have alot more success than a "serious" site. I have experience in moderating much larger sites than Eupedia (not genetics, ethnology related, most people are not into that.).. You need to comprehend the basics of Genetics. Formation date is not relevant when it comes to estimating the expansion time, TMRCA date is. Because From 8000 ybp to 4900 ybp E-V13 was a minor lineage likely confined to an area. 8000 ybp E-V13 simply separated from its sister Neolithic E-L618 branches. This 8000 ybp date (TMRCA for L618) is relevant for a small Neolithic expansion, and you see two other L618 clades, including one in Albania.. Again you are looking at the E-L618's TMRCA.. Expansions follow the TMRCA not formation date..
    But you're exactly like ...this guy. No impartiality, huge consideration of itself an ofc the 'master-of-all' self haplo, a toolbag of preconceived ideas and no tolerance to other point of view. I'm aware of the albanian flooding continuous search for a 'golden' ancestry (stupid, ofc) but so you're. I must warn you you're not for the first time wrong about some old arguments which now are obsolete in the light of new discoveries; so may be it with your not enough proven EBA EV13 invasions. And I bet here you're wrong again. On the other hand, you think you know about DNA stuff but it's clear you don't have more notions than a regular guy using Wiki. About 'formed' and TMRCA you realy know NOTHING, because those notions aren't precise like you think. You know much of history but lack a mathematical mind. Look, and digest later, what are the real deal about, I quote: ''Formed" is the date on which the branch which WOULD contain the mutation diverged from other known branches. The mutation itself could have occurred at any time in between "formed" and "TMRCA". And: ''In real life (not just on paper), a patrilineal branch is a line of descent that diverges from its brethren. This branching is a biological fact, regardless of whether or not it is accompanied by a reliable SNP difference. Consider the very ancient haplotree branching dating from tens of thousands of years ago. In many cases, two "adjacent" branch points (e.g., TMRCA of C vs. TMRCA of C2) are separated by scores or even hundreds of SNPs. Without intermediate examples, we have no idea which of those many SNPs occurred first and which last.'' So, you can't mathematically/biologically distinct correctly the notions and only spray all us here with 'absolute notions', when we all know life and so the history is not....absolute. Even more in this field is a lot of 'relativism' for sure. Any time, new DNA evidences can occur and your EBA lame theory will be out. I bet again for a further push of EV13 TMRCA in time, understand bully boy ? Can I bet something here your 'highness'', just rhetorically because I don't need you're silver dollar swanning around shit. Capito ?

  10. #535
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    432

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Can u pack your shit, and do not mention the name of Albanians at all. Most of Albanians i know, the reasonable ones give reasonable explanation of the spread of E-V13, unlike some Balkan Slavs who insecure of their ancestry attack Albanians, using some gaps in historical timefrimes they fantasize about various shitty theories. I have seen Romanians cucking to them quite frequently against Albanians.

  11. #536
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Progon View Post
    Can u pack your shit, and do not mention the name of Albanians at all. Most of Albanians i know, the reasonable ones give reasonable explanation of the spread of E-V13, unlike some Balkan Slavs who insecure of their ancestry attack Albanians, using some gaps in historical timefrimes they fantasize about various shitty theories. I have seen Romanians cucking to them quite frequently against Albanians.
    I legit have no idea what is the reason for all the hate boners, implicit or explicit, from people not even discussing with us, or about us...

    Could be a couple of things, but given the fact that we never even invaded any of our neighbors, counting so many wars... this leads me to believe its either "education" or should I say "indoctrination" from agenda driven Balkan schools, or some sick inferiority complex, but most likely both.

    PS: LeoJ

    WTF? does this
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    I'm aware of the albanian flooding continuous search for a 'golden' ancestry (stupid, ofc) but so you're.
    have to do with any of the points in your reply? Last time I checked we are not... In fact we got plenty of history, mostly attested by foreigners, exporting leaders and generals far and wide. But your main contact with Albanians if probably on Youtube so... kinda your fault...

    Listen to Progon and don't mention our name in vain. Kapish?


    PPS: Basarabs/Draculesti, Ghica, Basta ring a bell?

  12. #537
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    33


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by LeoJ View Post
    But you're exactly like ...this guy. No impartiality, huge consideration of itself an ofc the 'master-of-all' self haplo, a toolbag of preconceived ideas and no tolerance to other point of view. I'm aware of the albanian flooding continuous search for a 'golden' ancestry (stupid, ofc) but so you're. I must warn you you're not for the first time wrong about some old arguments which now are obsolete in the light of new discoveries; so may be it with your not enough proven EBA EV13 invasions.
    Can you stick to the topic please?

    Albanians don’t need reminders from a confused nation split between a Latin or Dacian origin when in fact you’re more Slavic than many actual Slavs in the Balkans.

  13. #538
    Regular Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-04-18
    Age
    29
    Posts
    157

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

    Ethnic group
    Ancient
    Country: Algeria



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspurg View Post
    That much is true, one needs to have patience, but also I wasn't born with knowledge, I gained it, and these people who are not on the same page can make an effort and browse the forum. That's what I did originally, I didn't ask anyone for any explanation and clarification..




    These forums are indeed full of alpha vs beta, conqueror vs conquered etc. like are other forums in another way (in sports forums people argue all the time who's better etc.). I don't have disdain for EEF's, but IE's were the conquerors, EEF's were wiped out basically, EEF remnants be it cultural or genetic which survived did so by becoming "militarized" themselves. Etruscans, non-IE's for example were not "peaceful farmers". These EEF's from 7000 ybp were forgotten history 3000 ybp. In fact Early Rome was often dominated by the Etruscans, and Romans learned alot from them. That's how Roman Republic came to be, as Romans finally managed to liberate themselves from the Etruscan yoke in 509 BC.

    In Ancient Greece pre-IE elements had huge influence in culture and autosomal DNA ofc. Not necessarily EEF (more of Minoan influence).

    Farming was something practiced by most IE groups in Antiquity, the original IE's were nomadic people. Only peoples like Scythians, Sarmatians continued to live that lifestyle in Antiquity. Which is why they were genetically still pretty close to proto-IE's. Even Slavs were more distant from the proto-IE's, as they mixed with some non-IE EHG's.. So most of IE groups got sedentized and that usually meant taking up farming.
    Etruscans came after the trojan war from anatolia. They were trojan or one if the trojan allies

  14. #539
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-02-11
    Posts
    208


    Country: France



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Etruscans came after the trojan war from anatolia. They were trojan or one if the trojan allies
    that's just a legend. Etruscans were an indigenous population of Italy.

  15. #540
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    that's just a legend. Etruscans were an indigenous population of Italy.
    The truth is we do not really know precisely the veracity of the legend.
    So far we have no reason to believe the legend given Y-DNA and Autosomal data from Etruscans. But this is largely due to the fact that we are in total darkness regarding Anatolian/Troy/Ilion DNA from the period, for any meaningful comparison.

    So naturally using Occam's razor such theories should not be taken at face value as true.

    Nevertheless, the opposite is also true, we can not outright say it is just a legend. For we do not know if* such a migration indeed occurred, what was the magnitude of it? A few dozen members of the royal families from Troy could have indeed emigrated to Etruria. Then their Y-DNA and Autosomal input could have melted among the locals.

    As a final side-note, I highly doubt the Etruscan language and culture had anything to do with the culture in Ilion, given it was non-IE local based on modern consensus. Furthermore, I do not see how a dozen of individuals would have been able to bring their culture and language to the area.Nevertheless I acknowledge we can not falsify the hypothesis that a minor movement of nobles from Troy could have happened.

    I think the upcoming Reich paper regarding Bulgaria will help one way or the other clarify the veracity of both hypotheses. Too bad we have to wait 2021 at minimum.

  16. #541
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    432

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    There is a lot of gaps still. Anatolia, Balkans, even a lot of places around Europe are undersampled. Too much credit have been given to resolve the IE question.

    Nevertheless, finding the major Y-DNA among Etruscans would be interesting. If they really came from Urnfield Culture (since Urnfield was so diverse and included various people), then they were EEF survivors until EIA. Or who knows. Let's see.

  17. #542
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-08-14
    Posts
    238

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2705

    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Aspurg View Post
    There is nothing to agree or disagree, anyone who even phantoms connecting the E-V13 spread with Vinca culture spread is either a troll, hopelessly dumb, or he has some other motives.. I do not bother to read verbal diarrhea of noUseForAname.. E-V13 is EBA hg and all of these cultures you mention are irrelevant for E-V13 spread.. Plus they were dominated by the G2a clades and even C-V20, H2 must have been more common there than E-V13..
    Again no one said E-V13 spread with Vinca culture, Again you are interpreting my thought wrong and you are concluding something I am supposing and which I am not even concluding myself

    Also again, show more sources and dont only list your suppositions or you crap lol, on the other hand show respect to others otherwise you should get banned cause of your behavior

  18. #543
    Regular Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-04-18
    Age
    29
    Posts
    157

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

    Ethnic group
    Ancient
    Country: Algeria



    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    that's just a legend. Etruscans were an indigenous population of Italy.
    Not a legend. Is true. They were not indigenous. Historical accounts say they came from elsewhere. And their script was greek but written from right to left. Also
    Their architecture was more similar to anatolian architecture during its time

    Plus I believe dna showed they were similar to anatolians

  19. #544
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-02-11
    Posts
    208


    Country: France



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    The truth is we do not really know precisely the veracity of the legend.
    So far we have no reason to believe the legend given Y-DNA and Autosomal data from Etruscans. But this is largely due to the fact that we are in total darkness regarding Anatolian/Troy/Ilion DNA from the period, for any meaningful comparison.

    So naturally using Occam's razor such theories should not be taken at face value as true.

    Nevertheless, the opposite is also true, we can not outright say it is just a legend. For we do not know if* such a migration indeed occurred, what was the magnitude of it? A few dozen members of the royal families from Troy could have indeed emigrated to Etruria. Then their Y-DNA and Autosomal input could have melted among the locals.

    As a final side-note, I highly doubt the Etruscan language and culture had anything to do with the culture in Ilion, given it was non-IE local based on modern consensus. Furthermore, I do not see how a dozen of individuals would have been able to bring their culture and language to the area.Nevertheless I acknowledge we can not falsify the hypothesis that a minor movement of nobles from Troy could have happened.

    I think the upcoming Reich paper regarding Bulgaria will help one way or the other clarify the veracity of both hypotheses. Too bad we have to wait 2021 at minimum.

    The question of the origins of the Etruscans was resolved decades ago by scholars and archaeologists, the Eastern theory was a fairy tale. If you are not informed it is not my fault. If you really think that the Etruscans had some kinship with the modern Albanians you are just kidding yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Not a legend. Is true. They were not indigenous. Historical accounts say they came from elsewhere. And their script was greek but written from right to left. Also
    Their architecture was more similar to anatolian architecture during its time

    Plus I believe dna showed they were similar to anatolians

    The DNA proved the opposite so much that Etruscans were similar to the Latins. Historical accounts supported everything and the opposite of everything, even that they were indigenous. And no scholar takes these historical accounts seriously anymore. The similarity of the architecture was due to the Orientalizing period and the contact with the Greeks. If you still live in 1800, it's not my fault.

  20. #545
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,045

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    The question of the origins of the Etruscans was resolved decades ago by scholars and archaeologists, the Eastern theory was a fairy tale. If you are not informed it is not my fault. If you really think that the Etruscans had some kinship with the modern Albanians you are just kidding yourself.





    The DNA proved the opposite so much that Etruscans were similar to the Latins. Historical accounts supported everything and the opposite of everything, even that they were indigenous. And no scholar takes these historical accounts seriously anymore. The similarity of the architecture was due to the Orientalizing period and the contact with the Greeks. If you still live in 1800, it's not my fault.
    he might be a troll....
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC7391/

    https://yfull.com/mtree/H3ap/

  21. #546
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-02-11
    Posts
    208


    Country: France



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    he might be a troll....
    yes, likely so

  22. #547
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    So far we have no reason to believe the legend given Y-DNA and Autosomal data from Etruscans. But this is largely due to the fact that we are in total darkness regarding Anatolian/Troy/Ilion DNA from the period, for any meaningful comparison.

    So naturally using Occam's razor such theories should not be taken at face value as true.

    Nevertheless, the opposite is also true, we can not outright say it is just a legend. For we do not know if* such a migration indeed occurred, what was the magnitude of it? A few dozen members of the royal families from Troy could have indeed emigrated to Etruria. Then their Y-DNA and Autosomal input could have melted among the locals.

    As a final side-note, I highly doubt the Etruscan language and culture had anything to do with the culture in Ilion, given it was non-IE local based on modern consensus. Furthermore, I do not see how a dozen of individuals would have been able to bring their culture and language to the area.Nevertheless I acknowledge we can not falsify the hypothesis that a minor movement of nobles from Troy could have happened.

    I think the upcoming Reich paper regarding Bulgaria will help one way or the other clarify the veracity of both hypotheses. Too bad we have to wait 2021 at minimum.

    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    The question of the origins of the Etruscans was resolved decades ago by scholars and archaeologists, the Eastern theory was a fairy tale. If you are not informed it is not my fault. If you really think that the Etruscans had some kinship with the modern Albanians you are just kidding yourself.
    I am not sure what I did to warrant such response.

    Where did I state these things you put in my arguments?
    Are you saying there was absolutely ZERO connection to the Aegean 1300 BC between Etruria and Ilion?
    Are you saying a kin/ family could not have traveled that route, giving rise to the legend?
    See I do not put words in your mouth... But if you indeed are saying anything to that effect... Maybe you are not informed.

    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    If you really think that the Etruscans had some kinship with the modern Albanians you are just kidding yourself.
    What? Where did I even connect them to modern Albanians.
    I re read my message and seriously have no clue where I even implied such a thing.

    Sad state of affairs, when people project points of view onto you and get upvoted. I guess this forum for certain has no problem with projection.

    PS:

    "A 2019 genetic study published in the journal Science analyzed the remains of eleven Iron Age individuals from the areas around Rome, of which four were Etruscan individuals, one buried in Veio Grotta Gramiccia from the Villanovan period (900-800 BC) and three buried in La Mattonara Necropolis near Civitavecchia from the Orientalizing period (700-600 BC).

    The only sample of Y-DNA extracted belonged to haplogroup J-M12 (J2b-L283), found in an individual dated 700-600 BC, and carried exactly the M314 derived allele also found in a Middle Bronze Age individual from Croatia (1631-1531 calBCE). While the four samples of mtDNA extracted belonged to haplogroups U5a1, H, T2b32, K1a4.[64] Therefore, Etruscans had also Steppe-related ancestry despite speaking a pre-Indo-European language."


    So miss me with your BS.

  23. #548
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    33


    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    The question of the origins of the Etruscans was resolved decades ago by scholars and archaeologists, the Eastern theory was a fairy tale. If you are not informed it is not my fault. If you really think that the Etruscans had some kinship with the modern Albanians you are just kidding yourself.


    The DNA proved the opposite so much that Etruscans were similar to the Latins. Historical accounts supported everything and the opposite of everything, even that they were indigenous. And no scholar takes these historical accounts seriously anymore. The similarity of the architecture was due to the Orientalizing period and the contact with the Greeks. If you still live in 1800, it's not my fault.
    Relax and leave your Albanophonia and mind reading skills out of this topic. Nobody here said anything that about Etruscans being Albanians.

    Yes, we all know for some time now that Etruscans are similar to Latins and honestly I don’t know ever doubted that. Neighbours tend to be similar everywhere in the world no matter the language they speak.

    But some ydna and autosomal test don’t disprove that a ruling minority couldn’t have come from Anatolia or elsewhere.

    Personally I don’t really care but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. That region was a cultural center when Italy and the entire Europe was divided between tribes.

    Similarly the Mycenaean had very little Steppe but nobody here is saying that the Hellenic and Indo-European languages were spread from Greece just because that early Greek was autosomally “local”.

  24. #549
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-08-14
    Posts
    238

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2705

    Country: Canada



    ............

  25. #550
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    36


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Progon View Post
    Can u pack your shit, and do not mention the name of Albanians at all. Most of Albanians i know, the reasonable ones give reasonable explanation of the spread of E-V13, unlike some Balkan Slavs who insecure of their ancestry attack Albanians, using some gaps in historical timefrimes they fantasize about various shitty theories. I have seen Romanians cucking to them quite frequently against Albanians.
    So, you saw nothing. I'm not siding any stupid 'faction' here, but I saw many albanians suffering from that frustration. Let moderator Angela say if not so !

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •