Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 601 to 624 of 624

Thread: Palasgians, pre Ancient Greeks...would their DNA be E-V13?

  1. #601
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Northern Greece Neo vs Southern Greece Neo:

    Distance to: Northern_Greece_N_(n=3)
    2.40816666 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I5427
    4.14914449 Greece_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave_Neolithic:I2937
    4.27987539 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3708
    5.91626548 Greece_N_(n=6)
    6.34545244 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I2318
    9.85760451 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3709
    13.94642009 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3920


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Early_Neolithic:Rev5
    3.24115720 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I5427
    5.71577641 Greece_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave_Neolithic:I2937
    5.84238821 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3708
    7.53665837 Greece_N_(n=6)
    7.76703290 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I2318
    11.34981938 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3709
    15.41466834 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3920


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Late_Neolithic:Pal7
    2.93986394 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I5427
    4.77472512 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3708
    5.17961389 Greece_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave_Neolithic:I2937
    6.82313120 Greece_N_(n=6)
    7.35911000 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I2318
    10.80519782 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3709
    14.60860363 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3920


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Final_Neolithic:Klei10
    2.48947786 Greece_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave_Neolithic:I2937
    3.47423373 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3708
    3.50709281 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I5427
    3.96232921 Greece_N_(n=6)
    4.51229432 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I2318
    7.74572140 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3709
    12.10513940 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3920

  2. #602
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Northern Greece Neo vs Eupedia Ancient Ethnicities Checker:

    Distance to: Northern_Greece_N_(n=3)
    3.95073411 Pre-Pottery_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=14)
    5.87383464 Early_Neolithic_Greece_(n=3)
    6.60681466 EN_LBK_culture_(n=43)
    7.69388502 LN_Lengyel_culture_(n=8)
    7.89405050 Chalcolithic_Bulgaria_(n=9)
    9.64642594 LN_Tisza-Sopot_culture_(n=11)
    9.95511929 Early_Neolithic_Italy_(n=10)
    9.99717460 Early_Neolithic_Starcevo_culture_(n=8)
    10.32730362 Minoan_Greece_(n=10)
    10.59903612 MN_Vinca_culture_(n=6)
    11.70766416 Early_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=20)
    11.85611375 Middle_Chalcolithic_Hungary_(n=9)
    12.21947216 Bronze_Age_Sicily_(n=15)
    12.24321717 Middle_Neolithic_Sicily_(n=10)
    12.31004197 Early_Neolithic_France_(n=4)
    12.57137887 EN_Alfold_Linear_Pottery_culture_(n=20)
    12.74551686 Mesolithic_Anatolia_(AHG)_(n=1)
    12.89895086 Mycenaean_Greece_(n=4)
    15.05533571 Late_Chalcolithic_Baden_culture_(n=14)
    16.16743847 EMBA_Greece_(n=6)
    17.64493223 Chalcolithic_Italy_(n=5)
    24.24392501 Italian_Greeks_(n=2)
    24.43917006 Middle_Bronze_Age_Anatolia_(n=2)
    24.44766042 Cucuteni-Trypillian_culture_(n=4)
    24.58542048 Imperial-age_Marche_(n=2)


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Early_Neolithic:Rev5
    4.41680880 Pre-Pottery_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=14)
    5.75074778 EN_LBK_culture_(n=43)
    6.43449299 LN_Lengyel_culture_(n=8)
    7.43336398 Early_Neolithic_Greece_(n=3)
    7.58139829 Chalcolithic_Bulgaria_(n=9)
    8.54582354 Early_Neolithic_Italy_(n=10)
    8.79639131 LN_Tisza-Sopot_culture_(n=11)
    9.37636390 Early_Neolithic_Starcevo_culture_(n=8)
    10.27857967 MN_Vinca_culture_(n=6)
    10.73735535 Middle_Chalcolithic_Hungary_(n=9)
    10.96766156 Middle_Neolithic_Sicily_(n=10)
    11.17087732 Early_Neolithic_France_(n=4)
    11.35762739 Mesolithic_Anatolia_(AHG)_(n=1)
    11.48457226 EN_Alfold_Linear_Pottery_culture_(n=20)
    11.64948926 Bronze_Age_Sicily_(n=15)
    11.82524841 Minoan_Greece_(n=10)
    13.32510037 Early_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=20)
    13.81449601 Mycenaean_Greece_(n=4)
    13.97261965 Late_Chalcolithic_Baden_culture_(n=14)
    16.11385118 Chalcolithic_Italy_(n=5)
    17.19699683 EMBA_Greece_(n=6)
    23.67081748 Cucuteni-Trypillian_culture_(n=4)
    24.07053593 Chalcolithic_BB_Sardinia_(n=10)
    24.68076174 Middle_Late_Bronze_Age_Italy_(n=9)
    25.14148166 Middle_Neolithic_France_(n=19)


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Late_Neolithic:Pal7
    4.38094739 Pre-Pottery_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=14)
    6.02466597 EN_LBK_culture_(n=43)
    6.75148872 Early_Neolithic_Greece_(n=3)
    7.07077082 LN_Lengyel_culture_(n=8)
    7.32978172 Chalcolithic_Bulgaria_(n=9)
    9.03027131 LN_Tisza-Sopot_culture_(n=11)
    9.33324167 Early_Neolithic_Italy_(n=10)
    9.51317507 Early_Neolithic_Starcevo_culture_(n=8)
    9.91312766 MN_Vinca_culture_(n=6)
    11.20897854 Minoan_Greece_(n=10)
    11.23360583 Middle_Chalcolithic_Hungary_(n=9)
    11.51353551 Middle_Neolithic_Sicily_(n=10)
    11.74794876 Bronze_Age_Sicily_(n=15)
    11.79231105 Early_Neolithic_France_(n=4)
    11.85183108 EN_Alfold_Linear_Pottery_culture_(n=20)
    12.10430502 Mesolithic_Anatolia_(AHG)_(n=1)
    12.42936040 Early_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=20)
    13.30579573 Mycenaean_Greece_(n=4)
    14.33478985 Late_Chalcolithic_Baden_culture_(n=14)
    16.53946795 EMBA_Greece_(n=6)
    16.94128389 Chalcolithic_Italy_(n=5)
    23.87404658 Cucuteni-Trypillian_culture_(n=4)
    24.49707534 Italian_Greeks_(n=2)
    24.65291463 Early_Medieval_Latium_(n=5)
    24.65876112 Imperial-age_Marche_(n=2)


    Distance to: Northern_Greece_Final_Neolithic:Klei10
    4.08877732 Early_Neolithic_Greece_(n=3)
    4.70890645 Pre-Pottery_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=14)
    8.27838752 Minoan_Greece_(n=10)
    8.69667178 EN_LBK_culture_(n=43)
    9.47600127 Chalcolithic_Bulgaria_(n=9)
    9.65456887 Early_Neolithic_Anatolia_(n=20)
    10.01193787 LN_Lengyel_culture_(n=8)
    11.58827425 LN_Tisza-Sopot_culture_(n=11)
    11.63888311 Early_Neolithic_Starcevo_culture_(n=8)
    12.05462982 Mycenaean_Greece_(n=4)
    12.13050700 MN_Vinca_culture_(n=6)
    12.29725579 Early_Neolithic_Italy_(n=10)
    13.72120257 Bronze_Age_Sicily_(n=15)
    13.93798407 Middle_Chalcolithic_Hungary_(n=9)
    14.31132768 Early_Neolithic_France_(n=4)
    14.52197645 Middle_Neolithic_Sicily_(n=10)
    14.69037780 EN_Alfold_Linear_Pottery_culture_(n=20)
    15.02945441 Mesolithic_Anatolia_(AHG)_(n=1)
    15.13001322 EMBA_Greece_(n=6)
    17.12655540 Late_Chalcolithic_Baden_culture_(n=14)
    20.03540366 Chalcolithic_Italy_(n=5)
    22.32361082 Middle_Bronze_Age_Anatolia_(n=2)
    23.16591462 Italian_Greeks_(n=2)
    23.62168707 Chalcolithic_North_Levant_(n=6)
    24.06207389 Imperial-age_Marche_(n=2)

  3. #603
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Distance to: Jovialis
    22.35913236 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3920
    24.90830958 Greece_N_(n=6)
    25.00568335 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3709
    25.59083625 Greece_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave_Neolithic:I2937
    25.64280601 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I3708
    25.84473641 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I2318
    26.40096589 Northern_Greece_Final_Neolithic:Klei10
    26.82268132 Northern_Greece_N_(n=3)
    26.85622274 Northern_Greece_Late_Neolithic:Pal7
    27.46180620 Northern_Greece_Early_Neolithic:Rev5
    27.93191902 Greece_Peloponnese_Neolithic:I5427

  4. #604
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States




  5. #605
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I'll be interested to see Neolithic samples from Southern Italy, particularly Puglia. Not only because my family comes from there, but also because Puglia was one of two port of entry for Neolithic peoples into Italy. The other being Eastern Sicily. I would wager that like these Peloponnese Neolithic samples, they have CHG + Anatolian_N. I'd bet they even cluster together.

  6. #606
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,581

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @Jovialis, thank you for all your work! Northern and southern Greek Neolithic samples pretty close to each other given the distance. Also pretty close to the Minoans.

    I do wander though the lack of EV13. Are the majority of Balkan samples, female? If they are it might explain the lack of y-dna.

  7. #607
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,779

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    @Jovialis, thank you for all your work! Northern and southern Greek Neolithic samples pretty close to each other given the distance. Also pretty close to the Minoans.

    I do wander though the lack of EV13. Are the majority of Balkan samples, female? If they are it might explain the lack of y-dna.
    Yeah, unfortunately for that question, all of the samples are female, except for one in the final Neolithic, which is a G2a male.

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    04-03-18
    Posts
    661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-A24070
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1a

    Ethnic group
    Bædzænæg
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    I do wander though the lack of EV13. Are the majority of Balkan samples, female? If they are it might explain the lack of y-dna.
    E-V13/E-L618 in Neolithic was likely confined to Dalmatian coast until the EBA. And the only Neolithic E-L618 find comes from there. E-V13 is obviously Cardial related (with E-V13 Spanish Cardial find) and Dalmatian coast was their main hub.

    E-V13 itself started to expand in EBA with the Cetina culture. There aren't finds from there, but this is extremely likely based on V13 diversity and the strong Neolithic Cardial element that played part in its formation.

    Great many Greek V13 are either Iron Age incomers or Medieval Vlach and Arvanite incomers.

  9. #609
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-19
    Posts
    38


    Country: Romania



    I don't think that pelasgians were ancient greeks in this manner. I think pelasgians were the very latest neolithic nonIE population of Balkans.

  10. #610
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,297

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Recently i come across the belief that the Pelasgians indeed could have been E-V13, and they were not Pre-Greek people but Late Bronze Age - Early Iron Age intruders from the Danube.

    Archeologically the Danubian invaders of LBA were mainly concentrated around Attica and Thessaly were cremation was mostly prevalent. Just as Gimbutas proposed the Pelasgians might indeed be recent comers to Greece who were latter absorbed into Greek ethnos during classical time.

    The Pelasgians could very well have spoken an extinct IE language (maybe the same/related to Peleset/Philistines), and those non IE words are from separate/extinct pre-Greek people who mixed with Myceneans instead way earlier.

    We have witnessed so far, how many times ancient Greek authors were not always correct, they had subjective worldview and totally understanding for their time.

  11. #611
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    1,389


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Recently i come across the belief that the Pelasgians indeed could have been E-V13, and they were not Pre-Greek people but Late Bronze Age - Early Iron Age intruders from the Danube.

    Archeologically the Danubian invaders of LBA were mainly concentrated around Attica and Thessaly were cremation was mostly prevalent. Just as Gimbutas proposed the Pelasgians might indeed be recent comers to Greece who were latter absorbed into Greek ethnos during classical time.

    The Pelasgians could very well have spoken an extinct IE language (maybe the same/related to Peleset/Philistines), and those non IE words are from separate/extinct pre-Greek people who mixed with Myceneans instead way earlier.

    We have witnessed so far, how many times ancient Greek authors were not always correct, they had subjective worldview and totally understanding for their time.
    Even more important in this respect might be the Paeonians:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paeonians
    https://amp.en.google-info.in/219549...-language.html

    They surely had E-V13 and might be a fused/mixed group with Daco-Thracian affinities.

  12. #612
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,822

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Even more important in this respect might be the Paeonians:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paeonians
    https://amp.en.google-info.in/219549...-language.html

    They surely had E-V13 and might be a fused/mixed group with Daco-Thracian affinities.
    As per the map on the linked site...the Paeonians closest neighbours by ethnicity would be the Dardanians first, then the Macedonians ............they might have been as you state a Daco-thracian group , but IMO, they are entirely separate group along with Dardanians and Macedonians
    The Paeonians always seemed to be under the Macedonian yoke
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

  13. #613
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-10-16
    Posts
    1,032


    Country: Albania


  14. #614
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    20,521


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    You can't possibly know that so emphatically. None of you can.

    I've rarely seen so much theorizing based on virtually no data.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  15. #615
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-10-16
    Posts
    1,032


    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Pelasgians did not exist.
    Last edited by ihype02; 22-11-21 at 22:32.

  16. #616
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,297

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You can't possibly know that so emphatically. None of you can.

    I've rarely seen so much theorizing based on virtually no data.
    What if we know it?

  17. #617
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,581

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You can't possibly know that so emphatically. None of you can.

    I've rarely seen so much theorizing based on virtually no data.
    Particularly since according to this theory they used cremation. You may use archaeology to give you an ida of their material culture. But unless you have ancient sample you cannot say anything about their DNA.

  18. #618
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,581

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by ihype02 View Post
    Pelasgians did not exist.
    What do you want to call the pre-Greeks?

  19. #619
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    1,389


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    Particularly since according to this theory they used cremation. You may use archaeology to give you an ida of their material culture. But unless you have ancient sample you cannot say anything about their DNA.
    We can use the classical pre-post reasoning though. What was there before, what came in, what was different afterwards. This might not even always be about one haplogroup coming from outside replacing the locals, it can also mean one group from the larger framework expanding at the expense of the others.
    In this case the cremation horizon East of a certain line is very likely to mean increased frequency for E-V13. This is therefore true for a lot of people North of the Greeks and some of these Daco-Thracian related elements marched into Greece too. Now the question is what is meant if talking about "Pelasgians". If its the Pre-Greek people of the region, than they're not the same as those bringing cremation, because those which brought cremation were Urnfielders from the Carpathians and Danube, not the pre-Greek inhabitants of the Aegean Sea. Therefore, people have to make that decision first: What and whom do they mean if talking about "Pelasgians".
    If there is no proper definition, we can't even start to associate them with a specific archaeological and other ethnic groups, which is difficult enough. The Pre-Greeks seem to have been largely Copper Age inhabitants still, very Neolithic, in some regions probably influenced by Proto-Anatolian related groups (Cernavoda?), but that's speculative already.

  20. #620
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    03-04-19
    Posts
    9


    Country: Greece



    IMO Pelasgians must have existed as much as Achaeans ,Dardanians ,Dorians ,Carians ,Illyrians etc did ,the common theme behind the myths of all those is that peoples and territories end up being named by one common forefather/king (sounds like an "IE" thing If you ask me) ,the confusion could lie in the fact that Pelasgian came to mean the autochthonous/old inhabitant aka the pre-IE substrate or that it described the sum of all the peoples in territories that an early IE group expanded/ruled at ,this group assimilated the first and ended up identifying with them (after all we know Mycenaean civilization as an example was the continuation of local Aegean one and they had mostly local DNA so it sounds like a reasonable expectation..to me at least) ,the result is that both them and those who could have retained their pre-IE speech(the "barbarian Pelasgians" per Herodotus maybe?)came to be grouped under the same name.If this were to be true maybe "Pelasgic" would be a better term or simply draw a line between "IE" and non IE-speaking "Pelasgians".

  21. #621
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,581

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Do we have any archeological evidence of IE pelasgian and non-IE Pelasgians. Greeks were mid to late Bronze Age migrants so what does the archaeological evidence say about the natives before them? The Minoan and the Cycladic civilizations were advanced Bronze Age civilizations and were not neolithic, so I don't know where the neolithic adjective came from.

  22. #622
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-08-14
    Posts
    240

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2705

    Country: Canada



    Very interesting posts guys, everyone is welcome to share their point or theories and any other data...

    We still need more data for sure, old data I mean since the modern ones I believe would only confuse us even more...

    Angela mentioned that Pelasgian as a word might mean just a region and not individuals, but that might not be the case, we dont have old samples yet especially those of males, but we do have historical mentioning that they where people indeed, maybe that might be right, as with Illyria since it was quite a big region and many tribes or ethnicities might have lived in the Illyrian regions, Pelasgians might be a bit different since the history mentioned that they were low in numbers and the region was not as vast as Illyria

    So definitely no data yet here so we can't conclude anything, only historical, that might be as well very subjective, but I would still believe history than theories with no data, or at least significant data

    Angela is you have more data as of why you think Pelasgia was only a region, please share...


    Note: When I mentioned "Would the Pelasgian DNA be E-V13", of course I mean their highest in % since we know everyone is mixed lol, I am just speculating of course but am not believing at all that Pelasgians were very related with Minoans or Mycenenian, I still believe Pelasgians were very barbaric, on around middle Neolithic, very low in numbers who lived mostly in mountains as barbars, as it notes they were the very first man from Africa, (that is why I link it with E-V13) it might be true but of course we need data, so Minoan/Mycenenian civilization had nothing to do with them I believe..

  23. #623
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,297

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by noUseForAname View Post
    Very interesting posts guys, everyone is welcome to share their point or theories and any other data...

    We still need more data for sure, old data I mean since the modern ones I believe would only confuse us even more...

    Angela mentioned that Pelasgian as a word might mean just a region and not individuals, but that might not be the case, we dont have old samples yet especially those of males, but we do have historical mentioning that they where people indeed, maybe that might be right, as with Illyria since it was quite a big region and many tribes or ethnicities might have lived in the Illyrian regions, Pelasgians might be a bit different since the history mentioned that they were low in numbers and the region was not as vast as Illyria

    So definitely no data yet here so we can't conclude anything, only historical, that might be as well very subjective, but I would still believe history than theories with no data, or at least significant data

    Angela is you have more data as of why you think Pelasgia was only a region, please share...


    Note: When I mentioned "Would the Pelasgian DNA be E-V13", of course I mean their highest in % since we know everyone is mixed lol, I am just speculating of course but am not believing at all that Pelasgians were very related with Minoans or Mycenenian, I still believe Pelasgians were very barbaric, on around middle Neolithic, very low in numbers who lived mostly in mountains as barbars, as it notes they were the very first man from Africa, (that is why I link it with E-V13) it might be true but of course we need data, so Minoan/Mycenenian civilization had nothing to do with them I believe..
    You do realize that from where E-V13 ancestor came, E-L618, or it's ancestral subclade E-Z1919, from somewhere from Mesolithic Egypt was far more advanced than any Mesolithic European Culture or West-Asian or Steppe.

    But, that's beyond the scope, because i highly doubt thousands of years or survival, hardships, transformations in Europe they knew anything remotely about Nile Valley being their couple of thousand of years ancestral homeland. It's beyond human perception. How we know is thanks to mathematical and scientific models. Abstract things.

  24. #624
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-09-20
    Posts
    195

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13>Y41980>FTA49507
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

    Ethnic group
    Eurasian American Mutt
    Country: UK - Scotland



    Well by around 1300 BC Robin Spencers SNP tracker places my line in Poland...Troy was said to have fallen in 1200 BC so they were definitely in the area at the time of the Pelasgians Boy ppl really do hate on us EV13 eh lol! I want my Reparations! lol jk jk

    You know I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say my people taught the brutish Yamanya how to read and write...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •