Palasgians, pre Ancient Greeks...would their DNA be E-V13?

I have only read that the pelasgians origins are in thessally, they tried to expand south but where stopped by the pre-boetians, they tried to go west and where stoppe dby pre-epirotes and so they headed to modern istanbul ............same place that herodous places them

thessally was the landing place for people who came from anatolia,

Subject closed. New evidence :cool-v::cool-v::cool-v:

DSC03207.jpgMy foot 2014-10-05 14.30.47.jpgZeus foot at Athens archeological museum

:grin:

and others like Gatepano connect Albanian with Egyptian,
and others like A Kollas connect Albanian with Greco-Aryan
and others like Rassuli connect it with East Balkans,

WHEN YOU DECIDE WITH WHOM YOU ARE CONNECTED?

besides Arbanites were according census of 1876 about 54 000 and estimated by global organisations as almost the same today,
A kolla wrote bullshit, he was a lawer that wanted to play it as linguist,
for example he wrote that Albanians are pure Greeks and Greeks are not,
and to confirm that he wrote words to compare like door

english door
Alb Dera
Anc Greek Θυρα
modern Greek Πορτα (used for house doors, for big doors word Πυλη, and for bigger doors central and outer is Θυρα)
etc etc

THE ONLY HE PROVED BY HIS METHOD IS THAT ALBANIAN IS NOT A SOUTH BALKANIC LANGUAGE BUT A NORTH EAST BALKAN LANGUAGE

cause Dera fits to IE aspirations of Door, a Germano-Slavic,

not with Homeric Θυρα neither with Romano-celtic Port,

so A Kolla in his mind believed that Albanians are ancient Greeks,
but he proved that Albanian IF IS NOT A CREOLE LANGUAGE, is from EAST AND NORTH and possibly away from balkans.

he made a significant work, but with wrong believes,
in fact his work proves the oposite, that is why all linguists laugh with him.

besides soon we might have Georgiev's entire work,
wich after Duridanov is a remarkable work in Balkanic languages.

Georgiev gives very strong arguments about link Albanians with Dacians, i.e. Romanians (not necessarily nationaly but geographicaly), which indicate that Albanians originate somewhere from Romania.

According Georgiev Albanian has no link with Illyiran, and Illyrians are not ancestors of Albanians.

Of course, Pelasgian nothing to do with Albanian.

(Certainly Pelasgian and Illyrian has no link, completely different).

Georgiev argues:

1) Illyrian toponims from antiquty are completely different from Albanian phonetic laws;

2) Ancient Latin loanwords in Albanian have phonetic form from Latin East Balkan (proto-Romanian) and no from West Balkan Latin (for example they have no link with Old Dalmatian);

3) Marine terms in Albanian is borrowed from different languages suggesting that Albanians were not coastal people;

4) Very few Ancient Greek loanwords exist in Albanian, it means that Albanians and Greeks have no link;

5) There is no reference in any source about Albanian in today areas before Middle Age;

6) Hundred and hundred Romanian words are similar only to Albanian words, and if someone combines this with similar Latin words in Albanian and Romanian, he or she can give conclusion that Albanians originate from some areas of today Romania.

These arguments are serious and they cannot simply be dismissed, but Albanian scientists often dismisse it, in favor Illyrian link, for they have nothing to prove, on the contrary, Illyrian was CENTUM and Albanian is SATEM.

Processed from the book: Early Medieval Balkans, University of Michigan Press, Fine J. V. A.

Subject closed. New evidence :cool-v::cool-v::cool-v:

View attachment 6772My foot View attachment 6773Zeus foot at Athens archeological museum.

:grin:

MY LONG LOST BROTHER! No...wait, my first two toes are about the same length. I hate to break this to you Mateth, but my feet are definitely a better match for those of Zeus.(Well, his feet may be rather flat.) But wait again, I thought I had a Greek nose, but the toes were Roman!

This site is seriously upsetting me and my sense of ethnic identity.

For anyone who might think to be rude and complain, this is just about and perhaps more scientific than most of the posts on this thread.

looks greek to me,

Thats what they say, unless its morton toe they used to consider as a disorder .....but not anymore I think :)

MY LONG LOST BROTHER! No...wait, my first two toes are about the same length. I hate to break this to you Mateth, but my feet are definitely a better match for those of Zeus.(Well, his feet may be rather flat.) But wait again, I thought I had a Greek nose, but the toes were Roman!

This site is seriously upsetting me and my sense of ethnic identity.

For anyone who might think to be rude and complain, this is just about and perhaps more scientific than most of the posts on this thread.

HELLO SISTA.....I Promise Im not going to compare any other body parts with Zeus :shocked: Thats a great piece of art especially for that era.:rolleyes:

Georgiev gives very strong arguments about link Albanians with Dacians, i.e. Romanians (not necessarily nationaly but geographicaly), which indicate that Albanians originate somewhere from Romania.

According Georgiev Albanian has no link with Illyiran, and Illyrians are not ancestors of Albanians.

Of course, Pelasgian nothing to do with Albanian.

(Certainly Pelasgian and Illyrian has no link, completely different).

Georgiev argues:

1) Illyrian toponims from antiquty are completely different from Albanian phonetic laws;

2) Ancient Latin loanwords in Albanian have phonetic form from Latin East Balkan (proto-Romanian) and no from West Balkan Latin (for example they have no link with Old Dalmatian);

3) Marine terms in Albanian is borrowed from different languages suggesting that Albanians were not coastal people;

4) Very few Ancient Greek loanwords exist in Albanian, it means that Albanians and Greeks have no link;

5) There is no reference in any source about Albanian in today areas before Middle Age;

6) Hundred and hundred Romanian words are similar only to Albanian words, and if someone combines this with similar Latin words in Albanian and Romanian, he or she can give conclusion that Albanians originate from some areas of today Romania.

These arguments are serious and they cannot simply be dismissed, but Albanian scientists often dismisse it, in favor Illyrian link, for they have nothing to prove, on the contrary, Illyrian was CENTUM and Albanian is SATEM.

Processed from the book: Early Medieval Balkans, University of Michigan Press, Fine J. V. A.

I think you are a little off-topic, and your theory is wrong.

I have only read that the pelasgians origins are in thessally, they tried to expand south but where stopped by the pre-boetians, they tried to go west and where stoppe dby pre-epirotes and so they headed to modern istanbul ............same place that herodous places them

thessally was the landing place for people who came from anatolia,

that is part of the knowledge we have,

we also know that Athens was inhabited by Pelasgians,
thoukidides recogn the thyrrenians as pre-Greek athenean language,
we know the pre-Greek connection of Athens with Minoans,
and we know that did not participate in troyan war,
and main of all we know that Attica Orchomenos etc is a pelasgian language.
Herodotos describe Ionians mostly as the Εθνος πελασγικον,
we know that Phokaeis and pelasgians lived beside each other,
we know that island of Lemnos village of Καμινια Caminia was inhabited by Etruscans, who tend to move west,
and pelasgian mostly occupy the North part of Aeagean, as you already said, the Pelasgian Argos, that is why some connect it with Troyans and Arzawa/Assuwa if the last were not IE speakers, while south was eteo-cretans, but both had connection with minor Asia and Attica,
that is why tend to speak about eteo-cretans as relatives of pelasgians,

I think you are a little off-topic, and your theory is wrong.

You can be precise, it is not my theory, it is Georgiev theory, this scientist set it based on extensive research.

It has link with topic to avoid unnecessary confusion about connections between the present and the past that does not exist.

You can be precise, it is not my theory, it is Georgiev theory, this scientist set it based on extensive research.

It has link with topic to avoid unnecessary confusion about connections between the present and the past that does not exist.

There is no unnecessary confusion, you have to be sure, evrything is clear.

P.S.
BTW, did you speak with your teacher of history?

There is no unnecessary confusion, you have to be sure, evrything is clear.

P.S.
BTW, did you speak with your teacher of history?

question,

are you a teacher of history?

that is part of the knowledge we have,

we also know that Athens was inhabited by Pelasgians,
thoukidides recogn the thyrrenians as pre-Greek athenean language,
we know the pre-Greek connection of Athens with Minoans,
and we know that did not participate in troyan war,
and main of all we know that Attica Orchomenos etc is a pelasgian language.
Herodotos describe Ionians mostly as the Εθνος πελασγικον,
we know that Phokaeis and pelasgians lived beside each other,
we know that island of Lemnos village of Καμινια Caminia was inhabited by Etruscans, who tend to move west,
and pelasgian mostly occupy the North part of Aeagean, as you already said, the Pelasgian Argos, that is why some connect it with Troyans and Arzawa/Assuwa if the last were not IE speakers, while south was eteo-cretans, but both had connection with minor Asia and Attica,
that is why tend to speak about eteo-cretans as relatives of pelasgians,

it would seem to me that the pelasgians where later replaced by the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygians

This obsession with Pelasgians is very misplaced, in my opinion. This is just a word used by Greeks for certain groups of non-Greeks. They didn't know about ydna and didn't carry around spit containers to test it. No doubt the "Pelasgians" they came across were very EEF people of various yDna and mtDna combinations in different proportions depending on the group.

As we know for certain that the Pelasgians were the inhabitants living in those regions before the Ancient Greece period, then my point was that their major DNA could be E-V13, because as of today the Greek speaking and Albanian speaking regions have the highest percentage of E-V13.

It is also argued that greek and Albanian languages are 5,000 years old...here are the recent research papers...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/08/24/science/0824-origins.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
http://www.linguatics.com/indoeuropean_languages.htm

I will also post a Pelasgian transcripts with a translated Albanian language.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Maleth

Subject closed. New evidence
cool-v.gif
cool-v.gif
cool-v.gif

My foot Zeus foot at Athens archeological museum

grin.png

Haha Maleth, a very nice idea actually, i recently saw those things online...

You have done your test right?.... i see it said E-V13...

I also saw other ancient greeks statue foots and they looked the same....

Would that mean that that specific foot is E-V13?

Anyone who has done the test please take a pic...I havent done the test yet though...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Maleth

Subject closed. New evidence
cool-v.gif
cool-v.gif
cool-v.gif

My foot Zeus foot at Athens archeological museum

grin.png

Haha Maleth, a very nice idea actually, i recently saw those things online...

You have done your test right?.... i see it said E-V13...

I also saw other ancient greeks statue foots and they looked the same....

Would that mean that that specific foot is E-V13?

Anyone who has done the test please take a pic...I havent done the test yet though...

I only learned about this by a thread someone started here some time ago, which I thought was funny :).....But its true they call it Greek foot because nearly all statues in Greece have this kind of foot. Even statue of Liberty in New york has it :). I don't believe it would be something just reserved to E-V13's that could be inherited to anyone from one side or other of the family.....maybe would be more prevalent if there is some e-v13 in the mix? Don't know.

I read (if true, not sure) that Spartans used to choose this kind of foot for athletics as it had some kind of benefits. Maybe that has something to do why so many Greek statues have it.

I only learned about this by a thread someone started here some time ago, which I thought was funny :).....But its true they call it Greek foot because nearly all statues in Greece have this kind of foot. Even statue of Liberty in New york has it :). I don't believe it would be something just reserved to E-V13's that could be inherited to anyone from one side or other of the family.....maybe would be more prevalent if there is some e-v13 in the mix? Don't know.

I read (if true, not sure) that Spartans used to choose this kind of foot for athletics as it had some kind of benefits. Maybe that has something to do why so many Greek statues have it.

For a joke I tried to send you a PM with a picture of my feet so you could tell me if I'm pure or admixed.:LOL::LOL::LOL: Unfortunately, unlike the regular board, the PM system doesn't seem to let you upload from your computer...at least I couldn't figure out how to do it, which is, of course, a very different thing. :)

Sorry, double post.

For a joke I tried to send you a PM with a picture of my feet so you could tell me if I'm pure or admixed.:LOL::LOL::LOL: Unfortunately, unlike the regular board, the PM system doesn't seem to let you upload from your computer...at least I couldn't figure out how to do it, which is, of course, a very different thing. :)

Okie dokie, Angela. Feet can help (y) BUT I would also please need nose pic (sides please and no cheating), hair texture and measurement between ears and top of head to chin. Then we can start a full analysis. I am also pleased to inform you that it will be possible to find out if you come from a clan of warrior women or just enjoyed spending the day cooking :giggle: :)

I think it is a lost cause to try to associate a Y DNA haplogroup to Pelasgians. By the Mycenaean era in Greece every single major European Y DNA lineage had been there for a thousand years or more.

This thread has been viewed 325378 times.

Back