Palasgians, pre Ancient Greeks...would their DNA be E-V13?

Because currently in north Africa E-V13 is only 1% which makes a good argument that it would not make any sense to come from those regions...at least not for 9,000 years...
E-V13 (9,000 years) is a subclade of e1b which is 42,000 years....so all human migrations came from Africa...

My opinion is that E-V13 is the Native of South east balkans for at least 7,000 years which spread around Europe...you have the proven skeleton found on which i have previously sourced.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_haplogroups_timeline.shtml

We keep coming back to this scenario
http://dienekes.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/expansion-of-e-v13-explained.html
The dorians inhabited the ancient Albanian lands and they formed E-V13..............the dorians after they moved south settled in many greek places , one part becaming the corinthians

another post
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/11/69

Because currently in north Africa E-V13 is only 1% which makes a good argument that it would not make any sense to come from those regions...at least not for 9,000 years...
E-V13 (9,000 years) is a subclade of e1b which is 42,000 years....so all human migrations came from Africa...

My opinion is that E-V13 is the Native of South east balkans for at least 7,000 years which spread around Europe...you have the proven skeleton found on which i have previously sourced.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_haplogroups_timeline.shtml

most people where replaced in north Africa by the arabian migration from Arabia to morocco, .......first Negev people, then Egyptians, then greeks, then liby-phonecians, then numidians and finally berbers

Georgiev gives very strong arguments about link Albanians with Dacians, i.e. Romanians (not necessarily nationaly but geographicaly), which indicate that Albanians originate somewhere from Romania.

Of course, Pelasgian nothing to do with Albanian.
Georgiev argues:

4) Very few Ancient Greek loanwords exist in Albanian, it means that Albanians and Greeks have no link;

6) Hundred and hundred Romanian words are similar only to Albanian words, and if someone combines this with similar Latin words in Albanian and Romanian, he or she can give conclusion that Albanians originate from some areas of today Romania.

1. Of course there are links between greeks and albanians...have you checked the DNA facts that i have listed?....

2. Although current modern greek and albanian language is quite different, it is argued that both languages are very different with the current modern ones...
It is argued recently that Greek and Albanian languages are 5,000 years old, it might be possible that they were the same or different tribes living at those regions and also speaking different languages or dialects...
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/08/24/science/0824-origins.html?src=mv&_r=0

3. Can you send me some same words as with an romanian language?...
Because albanian language is 5,000 years old romanian language later might have adopted some words from albanian...but again albanian language is very different with the old one....

As far as i have read there is no link at all with romanians and albanians...at least not genetically, linguistically, nor historically...

Also, if you look at the E-V13 (and my table) Albanians have actually the highest percentage in the world, and it is clear that E-V13 was spread from the south east balkans and later probably spread up to north west and east....

Last edited:
I'm talking just about location. Don't know how that area was called before that.

Got your point, 10,000 years ago there was no writing so any place names of how the people of the time called there aeras /regions, would have not been known. I believe today these regions are described as near east, levant, South west Asia and so on. It is possible that E-V13 was already mutated by that time in South west Asia (near east) then hopped over to the balkans and multiplied soon after the last glaciation period, but we are far off from any concrete proof of this, and in my opinion until more concrete and reliable studies are conducted will be that the E-V13 mutation occurred in the Balkans proper. Opinions can change as more (reliable) data flows in of course.

Got your point, 10,000 years ago there was no writing so any place names of how the people of the time called there aeras /regions, would have not been known. I believe today these regions are described as near east, levant, South west Asia and so on.

Ye, ye, I was just trying to be precise. Phoenicia, Cyprus or Crete is my guess.

It is possible that E-V13 was already mutated by that time in South west Asia (near east) then hopped over to the balkans and multiplied soon after the last glaciation period, but we are far off from any concrete proof of this, and in my opinion until more concrete and reliable studies are conducted will be that the E-V13 mutation occurred in the Balkans proper. Opinions can change as more (reliable) data flows in of course.

My problem with that theory is that for a mutation into E-V13 to happen in Balkans, there has to be a parent clade present (which is E-M78). If there was 100 males with E-M78 in Balkans, and one of them mutated into E-V13, then we'd have a starting ratio of 100:1 in favor of E-M78. Then why do we now have a totaly different ratio? There is 10x less E-M78 in Balkans, which means that E-V13 "prospered" thousand times better then E-M78. What could be explanation for that?

It's either that E-M78 colony on Balkans was extremely small, so that first E-V13 'mutant' could have disturbed the ratio at the very beginning of it's existence, or that E-V13 came into Balkans as an already formed subclade sometime later. This other hypothesis seems more probable for me.

We keep coming back to this scenario
http://dienekes.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/expansion-of-e-v13-explained.html
The dorians inhabited the ancient Albanian lands and they formed E-V13..............the dorians after they moved south settled in many greek places , one part becaming the corinthians

another post
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/11/69

1. Dinekes is 6 years old, and i am not understanding of what you mean by Dorians who inhabited Albanian lands and formed E-V13?...

2. Thanks for the second post it said "E-V13 appears to have originated in Greece or the southern Balkans" [13,14]

3. Then you are mentioning Dorians that formed E-V13 and moved from north to south?....moved from where?...
According the paper you posted 2011 King et al this is actually the opposite E-V13 was originated in the south and moved up to north and south to Sicily

4. As current Albanian Speaking regions have the highest E-V13 in the world (refer to my table) and a bit higher than the current ethnic greeks than it doesn't correlate that they have migrated from the north or (as some argued) from the today Romania region. But actually might have migrated from the very south Peloponnese area, Pindus Mountain south west Thessaly up to north Albania and Kosovo where E-V15 is 47.5%

FYI we are talking about E-V13 (9,000 years), there there no Albanians at that time nor even ancient greeks, however my opinion is that both greeks and albanians are descendants from E-V13 as a major percentage as they surely might have had a bit of J2 and R1b
If, lets say later we conclude that most of Ancient greeks gods were not E-V13 and rather J2 or even r1b than we can probably conclude that they have came from either far east or far west and conquered a relatively small population of NATIVE E-V13, which i believe were Pelasgians or whatever name they had...or ancient greek gods where mostly E-V13?...

(Ancient Greek: Ἄσιος ὁ Σάμιος) describes Pelasgus as the first man, born of the earth.[19]
"Pelasgian" spoke a language or languages that at the time Greeks identified as "barbaric" people from the Pindus Mountains (see the pic)

pindus-mountains-mixed-forests.png220px-Pelasgians.jpg

1. Dinekes is 6 years old, and i am not understanding of what you mean by Dorians who inhabited Albanian lands and formed E-V13?...
and ?

Ancient dorian homeland in 1100BC was modern albania , they have found archeology etc there.....I already posted the link before.

3. Then you are mentioning Dorians that formed E-V13 and moved from north to south?....moved from where?...
According the paper you posted 2011 King et al this is actually the opposite E-V13 was originated in the south and moved up to north and south to Sicily

Dorians replaced the Myceneans, the dorians became different greek people, like the corinthians...the corinthians settled in sicliy, the corinthians settled in corfu, the corinthians send trading colonies to ancona in italy, corinthians resettled in modern Albania

4. As current Albanian Speaking regions have the highest E-V13 in the world (refer to my table) and a bit higher than the current ethnic greeks than it doesn't correlate that they have migrated from the north or (as some argued) from the today Romania region. But actually might have migrated from the very south Peloponnese area, Pindus Mountain south west Thessaly up to north Albania and Kosovo where E-V15 is 47.5%

there was no albanians in the bronze-age, the area was doric, the oldest people I know there where dorians.

FYI we are talking about E-V13 (9,000 years), there there no Albanians at that time nor even ancient greeks, however my opinion is that both greeks and albanians are descendants from E-V13 as a major percentage as they surely might have had a bit of J2 and R1b
If, lets say later we conclude that most of Ancient greeks gods were not E-V13 and rather J2 or even r1b than we can probably conclude that they have came from either far east or far west and conquered a relatively small population of NATIVE E-V13, which i believe were Pelasgians or whatever name they had...or ancient greek gods where mostly E-V13?...

I man with E-v13 who became king or chief and had a policy of a concubine system can, in 4 generations multipy 10 fold

We see this happen as late as the 19th century with the Zulus of africa
(Ancient Greek: Ἄσιος ὁ Σάμιος) describes Pelasgus as the first man, born of the earth.[19]
"Pelasgian" spoke a language or languages that at the time Greeks identified as "barbaric" people from the Pindus Mountains (see the pic)

View attachment 6837View attachment 6838

Pindu mountians was home to th molossians...one of the 14 epirote tribes

It's either that E-M78 colony on Balkans was extremely small, so that first E-V13 'mutant' could have disturbed the ratio at the very beginning of it's existence, .

the only one that is logical

there is no possibility that Dorians inhabited Albania or came from Albania,

Georgiev's map is clear

Map_of_Balkans_linguistic_groups_late_3rd_millennium_BC%2C_according_to_Georgiev.png

Dorians had an epithet, Tριχακες meaning from Trikke Τρικαιοι a area in Thessaly near by Epirus

the only one that is logical

Indeed is, if we want to fit the theory with the current findings, but what are the probabilities for it to happen? To have a very small M78 population, and at the same time to have V13 mutation happening, and at the same time to have a line of events that would eradicate all M78 except that one V13 which would then spread itself in Balkans? I agree that it is possible, but I'm placing my money on 100x more probable hypothesis, even though current findings suggest different. I don't think that current findings are indicative enough to be conclusive.

and ?

Ancient dorian homeland in 1100BC was modern albania , they have found archeology etc there.....I already posted the link before.

Dorians replaced the Myceneans, the dorians became different greek people, like the corinthians...the corinthians settled in sicliy, the corinthians settled in corfu, the corinthians send trading colonies to ancona in italy, corinthians resettled in modern Albania

I man with E-v13 who became king or chief and had a policy of a concubine system can, in 4 generations multipy 10 fold

We see this happen as late as the 19th century with the Zulus of africa

Pindu mountians was home to th molossians...one of the 14 epirote tribes

Can you send the link please...

1: Dorians forrmed E-V13?....if they have formed then it couldn't be 1100BC....remember the 7,000 years skeleton was found and it was E-V13...

2: Dorians were the different kind of Greek people?...what do you mean different...also said became different?...
We are not trying to find here which tribes became different but to find if Pelazgians where mostly E-V13....
It is argued that E-V13 was born in the very south of current Greece area then we might argue that (and as we known it was the area of Pelazgians) the current regions (in the table with the highest percentages )are the descendants from there, i assume even before 4,000 years at least...(we might prove this if we find any ancient skeletons to those regions)

Region/HaplogroupI1I2*/I2aI2bR1aR1bGJ2J*/J1E-V13
Albania2121.59161.519.5227.5
Kosovo Albanians5.52.504.521016.5047.5
Albanians (Macedonia)191.518.81.621.939.1
Greece (Peloponnese)47
Greece (South)3202.219.65.543.5
Greece (North)2121914.65.235.4

3: So are you arguing that Dorians (ancient greek tribe) are descendants of Albanians?

There were no Albanians at the early bronze age but there were also no ancient greeks...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_ancient_Greece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age

4: Yet again we are not trying to decipher lots of different tribes...It is certain that as per Homer map Pelasgians (known that they were barbaric people living in the mountains) were specifically in the area of Pindus mountains. You can see that at Pindus Mountains South Greece E-V13 is 43.5%....then i assume spread specifically in the high mountains like north Pindus mountain in current Albania up to areas where it is known there are high mountains in south Kosovo and West Macedonia were E-V13 is above 40%...check the table and me Mountains in those regions...

Last edited:
4: Yet again we are not trying to decipher lots of different tribes...It is certain that as per Homer map Pelasgians (known that they were barbaric people living in the mountains) were specifically in the area of Pindus mountains. You can see that at Pindus Mountains South Greece E-V13 is 43.5%....then i assume spread specifically in the high mountains like north Pindus mountain in current Albania up to areas where it is known there are very high mountains above 2,000 metres high in south Kosovo and West Macedoni were E-V13 is above 40%...check the table and me Mountains in those regions...

Finding refuge in mountains is a sign of old archaic haplogroups. like the G branches found in Swiss-Italian Alps. For E-V13 this is also the case if we look at numbers. There is not that much of it left in Europe anymore, since the countries that have it, also have small populations compared to 750 million total of Europe. There is more people with E-V13 in Italy+Spain+France then in the whole Balkans.

Can you send the link please...

1: Dorians forrmed E-V13?....if they have formed then it couldn't be 1100BC....remember the 7,000 years skeleton was found and it was E-V13...

2: Dorians were the different kind of Greek people?...what do you mean different...also said became different?...
We are not trying to find here which tribes became different but to find if Pelazgians where mostly E-V13....
It is argued that E-V13 was born in the very south of current Greece area then we might argue that (and as we known it was the area of Pelazgians) the current regions (in the table with the highest percentages )are the descendants from there, i assume even before 4,000 years at least...(we might prove this if we find any ancient skeletons to those regions)

Region/HaplogroupI1I2*/I2aI2bR1aR1bGJ2J*/J1E-V13
Albania2121.59161.519.5227.5
Kosovo Albanians5.52.504.521016.5047.5
Albanians (Macedonia)191.518.81.621.939.1
Greece (Peloponnese)47
Greece (South)3202.219.65.543.5
Greece (North)2121914.65.235.4

3: So are you arguing that Dorians (ancient greek tribe) are descendants of Albanians?
There were no Albanians at the early bronze age but there were also no ancient greeks...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_ancient_Greece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age

4: Yet again we are not trying to decipher lots of different tribes...It is certain that as per Homer map Pelasgians (known that they were barbaric people living in the mountains) were specifically in the area of Pindus mountains. You can see that at Pindus Mountains South Greece E-V13 is 43.5%....then i assume spread specifically in the high mountains like north Pindus mountain in current Albania up to areas where it is known there are very high mountains above 2,000 metres high in south Kosovo and West Macedoni were E-V13 is above 40%...check the table and me Mountains in those regions...

i prefer to check the religion and the birth rate,
some religion have big birth ratio, and if is 2/1 then in 3 generations is 8/1

I think too the 'pelasgian' label doesn't tell us a lot... as very often it is a exogamic name

concerning Y-E-V13 I have not too much to add to what was said - someones here put solid arguments and we have now to wait for a chanceous ancient DNA in the right places and times -
here under a discussion I found in the forum "For what they were we are" - maybe I have red to quickly but I didn't see Y-DNA SNPs in it - but could it explain an old BUT neolithic presence of y-E1b and subclades in Europe??? just to feed the "war" (keep cool, it's my aperitive hour)

There are severalinteresting studies in my "to do" list and I will becommenting them in the following days (I am quite busy these weeksand therefore I concentrate my efforts on weekends).

In this entry we have arather interesting analysis of ancient mtDNA from the Pre-PotteryNeolithic B of Syria (NE and South) and its legacy on modernpopulations of West Asia and SE Europe, as well as on ancientEuropean Neolithic ones.

Eva Fernández et al.,Ancient DNA Analysis of 8000 B.C. Near Eastern FarmersSupports an Early Neolithic Pioneer Maritime Colonization of MainlandEurope through Cyprus and the Aegean Islands. PLoSGenetics 2014. Open accessLINK[doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1004401]

I understand that thesequences are not really new but that they were first discussed inFernández 2005 (thesisin Spanish) and 2008.What is new is the comparison with ancient and modern populations insearch of their possible legacy.

Early PPNB (from CONTEXT C14 database)
In spite of the relevanceof this analysis, it must be cautioned thaPPNBancient mtDNA and its legacyt the Tell Ramad and Tell Halulasites may not be fully representative of the actual genetic diversityof PPNB as a whole, a cultural area that spanned all the Levant, fromthe Kurdish mountains to the Sinai and Cyprus.

If, as the authors argueand I have already suggested in relation to the NE African affinitiesof European Neolithic ancestry, the arrival of Neolithic to Thessalyhappened via a coastal route, inland PPNB sites may well not be asinformative as Palestinian or Cypriot ones.

But this is what we havefor now, so let's see what these ancient Syrian farmers tell us,while we await further Neolithic sequences from potentially morerelevant sites.

Table 1. Mitochondrial DNA typing of 15 Near Eastern PPNB skeletons.

40% of the sequencesbelong to haplogroup K, a U8-derived lineage unknown in Europe beforethe Neolithic. Most of the other lineages (40%) belong to R0 but halfof them belong to R0(xHV), extremely rare in Europe (common in Arabiainstead) and the H sequences cannot be identified either withanything common nowadays. The remaining 20% of lineages (U*, N* andL3*) are not too helpful either.

So when the authorscompare them with modern and ancient populations most of the affinitycorresponds to a single basal haplotype of K (16224C,16311C)as described in supplementary table 5.

Figure 2. Contour map displaying the percentage of individuals of the database carrying PPNB haplotypes.
Only populations with clear geographic distribution were included. Gradients indicate the degree of similarity between PPNB and modern populations (dark: high; clear: small).

The SE European and WestAsian populations with the greatest legacy of this haplotype are: theCsángó ofMoldavia (22%), Cypriots (13%), Ashkenazi Jews (11%), Crimean Tatars(10%) and Georgians (9%). Cardium Pottery farmers from Catalonia(23%) and a pooled Central European Danubian Neolithic sample (10%)also score high for this lineage.

Some other PPNB matrilineages also show some lessermodern prevalence:

• 16223T (L3) → Qatar, Yemen (not necessarily the same L3(xM,N) lineage, it must be said)
  • 16224C,16311C,16366T (K) → Druze
  • 16256T (H) → Bedouin
The other haplotypes havenot been detected in modern nor European Neolithic populations.

The obvious conclusion isthat only the 16224C+16311C K haplotype was, of all the EuphratesPPNB lineages active in the Neolithic European founder effect. Thishaplotype was present only in 1/15 individuals from the EuphratesPPNB, so rather marginal over there, although a close relative foundtoday among the Druze was more common (3/15).

Another conclusion isthat the Csángó probably have a quite direct line ofancestry to the early European farmers, shedding some light on theorigin of this mysterious population at risk of extinction.

The coastal route toThessaly proposed here makes all sense to me because, on oneside, early Anatolian Neolithic cultures do not seem to have anyobvious cultural affinity with the first European Neolithic of Sesklo(Painted Pottery) and Otzaki (Cardium Pottery), and, on the otherside, there is clear evidence of some NE African genetic legacymediated by Palestine: Y-DNA E1b-V13 naturally but also the "BasalEurasian" speculation of Lazaridisthat ended up being revealed as Dinka affinity in fig. S7 of Skoglund& Malström.

This theory can only bestrongly confirmed if Palestinian and Cypriot ancient DNA issequenced and fits well in it. Similarly ancient Balcanic DNA wouldbe most interesting to have as well for a more direct reference. But,in any case, the theory seems at the very least plausible andsupported by some important evidence.

My hypothetical reconstruction of a plausible coastal route of Neolithic towards Thessaly (dashed red line)
on a base map of Middle PPNB from the CONTEXT database.

It is also important tonotice that the Syrian PPNB sequences are different from the modernmtDNA pool of West Asia, dominated by lineages like J, T1 and U3.This suggests that, at the very least in this region of the SyrianEuphrates, there have been important demographic changes sinceNeolithic, something confirmed by data from the same are but of laterdates (which anyhow is not yet modern either).

Fernández et al. discuss this issue in some detail:
Our PPNB population includes a high percentage(80%) of lineages with a Palaeolithic coalescence age (K, R0 and U*)and differs from the current populations from the same area, whichexhibit a high frequency of mitochondrial haplogroups J, T1 and U3(TableS7). The latter have been traditionallylinked with the Neolithic expansion due to their younger coalescenceage, diversity and geographic distribution [11],[12],[49].In addition to the PPNB population, haplogroup T1 is also absent inother Early Neolithic populations analyzed so far [17],[22],[26],[30].Haplogroup U3 has been found only in one LBK individual and it hasbeen suggested that it could have been already part of thepre-Neolithic Central European mitochondrial background[19].

HaplogroupJ is present in moderate frequencies in Central European LBK-AVKpopulations (11.75%) and it has been proposed as part of the CentralEuropean “mitochondrial Neolithic package” [19].However, it has also been described in one late hunter-gathererspecimen of Germany, raising the possibility of a pre-Neolithicorigin [23].Haplogroup J is present in low frequency (4%) in Cardial/EpicardialNeolithic samples of North Eastern Spain [27],[28],[31].Absence of Mesolithic samples from the same region prevents makingany inference about its emergence during the Mesolithic or theNeolithic. However, its absence in the PPNB genetic backgroundreinforces the first hypothesis.

Thesefindings suggest that (1) late Neolithic or post-Neolithicdemographic processes rather than the original Neolithic expansionmight have been responsible for the current distribution ofmitochondrial haplogroups J, T1 and U3 in Europe and the Near Eastand (2) lineages with Late Paleolithic coalescent times might haveplayed an important role in the Neolithic expansive process. Thefirst suggestion alerts against the use of modern Near Easternpopulations as representative of the genetic stock of the firstNeolithic farmers while the second will be explored in depth in thefollowing section.

From the viewpoint ofmaterial Prehistory, it is of course correct, that PPNB wasoverwhelmed by later cultural processes, which may have implied demicexpansions and replacements of some sort, even if many of them seemto originate within West Asia.

First of all, there isthe Halafian cultural expansion, originating in Upper Mesopotamia;then we also have to consider the Semitic cultural and linguisticexpansion, originating in Palestine; finally we have to consider theIndoeuropean waves: first the Anatolian group (Hittites, etc.) viathe Caucasus, later the Balcanic group of Phrygians (and probablyArmenians as derived branch) and finally the Iranian one from CentralAsia. Even within the Semitic expansion there were probably severalwaves as well. All together must have significantly reshuffled thegenetic landscape of the region.

But unless we get moreancient West Asian DNA it will be most difficult to discern clearlyhow all that played out. After all the Syrian Euphrates can beexceptional in many aspects, being right in the middle of all: a truepivot of the Fertile Crescent, subject to pressure from alldirections.

AT FIRST SIGHT it doesn' t fit the maximum of diversity of E1-V13 (a spot in Montenegro)
​I'll try to think again about it but...

Great job Moesan, good compilation on first farmers.
First of all, there isthe Halafian cultural expansion, originating in Upper Mesopotamia;then we also have to consider the Semitic cultural and linguisticexpansion, originating in Palestine; finally we have to consider theIndoeuropean waves: first the Anatolian group (Hittites, etc.) viathe Caucasus, later the Balcanic group of Phrygians (and probablyArmenians as derived branch) and finally the Iranian one from CentralAsia. Even within the Semitic expansion there were probably severalwaves as well. All together must have significantly reshuffled thegenetic landscape of the region.
On scale of few thousand years dominant haplogroups change dramatically. I came to accept the fact, which is very transparent from latest research papers, that effect of fading and exploding of new haplogroups is more important than population movement. Sure population movements will introduce new hgs into natives, but the rest is done by founder effects or most successful hg effect, I suppose. Most notable example is explosion of I2a Dinaric in Balkans, or R1b L21 in England to over 50% of male population in some areas. At the same time popular in Paleolithic hg C is gone, though hg I is still successful. Very populous and successful Neolithic hg G2 seems to be in minority everywhere these days, and few other farmers' haplogroups, except new clades of EV13.
Thinking along these lines perhaps the first of farmers were J1 people, that's why this hg is widespread but fairly rare now?

AT FIRST SIGHT it doesn' t fit the maximum of diversity of E1-V13 (a spot in Montenegro)
​I'll try to think again about it but...
G2 and J1 fit this scenario too.

G2 and J1 fit this scenario too.

sensible points
I post this abstract only to show there could have been (THERE HAVE BEEN) more than a Neolithical wave into Europe from Anatolia and maybe directly from Near-Eastern -
that said, it seems to me that mt-HGs are finally less "deletere" than the Y-HGs - these last ones vary certainly less rapidly in today satured and "softened" Europe than in ancient times where they were linked to a male elite, mostly in the metals times of warlike tribes but even in Neolithical times -

That said I put this in this topic where a a big part was given to Y-E-V13 and ancestors, because of the first supposed position of these early farmers (PPN):
central coastal Levant and proximity of Lebanon so Druzes, and proximity of Egypt... as a whole, compare do "northern" G and eastern J, E is more coastal and western -

Finding refuge in mountains is a sign of old archaic haplogroups. like the G branches found in Swiss-Italian Alps. For E-V13 this is also the case if we look at numbers. There is not that much of it left in Europe anymore, since the countries that have it, also have small populations compared to 750 million total of Europe. There is more people with E-V13 in Italy+Spain+France then in the whole Balkans.

I dont think about Spain and France it is very low there....and those are very big countries to compare with, the key is to find the highest percentages in populations which might show or help us in their migrations...For example R1a thought to be born in central Russia or west Asia is very high in current central Russians with over 50%...

As per Italy...I have found very high E-V13 in some areas above 28% (see table) and it might have helped to some degree a pretty large migrations of Albanians to Sicily, Calabria and Puglia (see the Italian documentary at minute 6:00).......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGY1lUP_U-Q
Italians (South)IE (Italic)6825.03.06.026.015.03.0Zalloua2008[31]
Italians (Sicily)IE (Italic)8.827.323.8Semino2004[8]
Italians (East Sicily)IE (Italic)8720.02.35.029.05.05.0Zalloua2008[31]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_European_populations

This thread has been viewed 325959 times.

Back