Hellens or Romei?

so i suppose that soldiers brought bells with them in battle?
Do you think that it is possible to find volunteers in large numbers males and females so to falsify a regions ethnicity percentage, then transport them relatively in secret and then having the logistics to feed them?Thats just naive,even modern day germany would have problems in executing such a faraonic task.
so this is how you explain this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_of_Corfu
The Protocol of Corfu (Greek: Πρωτόκολλο της Κέρκυρας, Albanian: Protokolli i Korfuzit), signed on May 17, 1914, was an agreement between the representatives of the Albanian Government and the Provisional Government of Northern Epirus, which officially recognized the area of Northern Epirus as an autonomous self-governing region under the sovereignty of the prince of the newly established Principality of Albania.[1] The agreement granted the Greeks of the districts of Korytsa and Argyrokastro, which form Northern Epirus, wider religious, educational, cultural and political autonomy, inside the borders of the Albanian state.
By early May, the Albanian authorities, being unable to suppress the revolt, became willing to start discussions with the intervention of the International Commission. Thus, Prince William of Wied of Albania asked the Commission, which represented the Albanian government,[9] to initiate negotiations. Subsequently, on May 6, the members of the Commission informed Zografos that they were willing to discuss the demands of the Northern Epirote side.
You think is a faraonic task? You think that author was a liar?
In 1914, The Great Powers decided to bring Princ Wied to rule in Albania. He ruled in Albania for six months. He ruled a country where large part of it was under foreign occupation, South was invaded by the army of Greece. And if we laughed a little bit with the story of the soldier and the bell, there are other stories who describe the crimes committed by your army that are terrible. There are really horrible stories that cover with shame Greece. So the protocol of Corfu was a agreement with a gun pointed at the temple.
To debunk your claims and this fake page of Wikipedia, i will quote a source that you can't refute.
Even after the WWI, this problems continued. At one point, The League of Nations decided to send commission to investigate the situation. And at the head of this commission was.... a Finnish, Jakob Johannes Sederholm. The commission produced a report. Here you can read an interesting part from this report:
Out of the whole population of Southern Albania taken as comprising the prefectures of Koritza and Arghirocastro, with exclusion of the under-prefecture of Pogradets (which has usually been considered as not belonging to Northern Epirus) but with Chimarra added, the grecophone population forms about 17%, or about one-sixth of the whole. All the rest speak Albanian in their homes. In the prefecture of Koritza there are, even according to Greek statistics, no grecophone people.
Source:
League of Nations. Report of the Commission of Enquiry in Albania on its Activities from December 19th, 1922, to February 1st, 1923. The Enquiry in Southern Albania. April 6th, 1923. in: League of Nations, Official Journal, Geneva, May 1923, p. 491-502.

As you can see the book that i quoted in the above post and the diplomat sent by The League of Nation give as the same picture.
1)In South Albania there is an greek minority and they represent one sixth of the entire population of South.
2) There were no Greeks in Korça, ZERO.
As you can see, my sources are CORRECT. I can't say the same about your sources.

Κροκοδειλος Κλαδας is another story,

as the rest Greeks who fought for the liberty of Epiros

Theatricality and deception, everywhere, all the time.

Greeks in Northern Epirus prove their existence by just their presence, which prior to the opening of the borders with Greece, has been inhabited mostly by them. At least 4000 years of history. From Chaonians to Molossians and the rest of the Epirotan tribes. Illyria was above Genessus river.

In 1914, The Great Powers decided to bring Princ Wied to rule in Albania. He ruled in Albania for six months. He ruled a country where large part of it was under foreign occupation, South was invaded by the army of Greece. And if we laughed a little bit with the story of the soldier and the bell, there are other stories who describe the crimes committed by your army that are terrible. There are really horrible stories that cover with shame Greece. So the protocol of Corfu was a agreement with a gun pointed at the temple.
To debunk your claims and this fake page of Wikipedia, i will quote a source that you can't refute.
Even after the WWI, this problems continued. At one point, The League of Nations decided to send commission to investigate the situation. And at the head of this commission was.... a Finnish, Jakob Johannes Sederholm. The commission produced a report. Here you can read an interesting part from this report:

Source:
League of Nations. Report of the Commission of Enquiry in Albania on its Activities from December 19th, 1922, to February 1st, 1923. The Enquiry in Southern Albania. April 6th, 1923. in: League of Nations, Official Journal, Geneva, May 1923, p. 491-502.

As you can see the book that i quoted in the above post and the diplomat sent by The League of Nation give as the same picture.
1)In South Albania there is an greek minority and they represent one sixth of the entire population of South.
As you can see, my sources are CORRECT. I can't say the same about your sources.
i just agree with you 1/6 of south albania were greeks
i do not understand the part about roman empire.What do you mean that mainland greeks should form an separate army and fight turks separetaly from anatolian greeks?
As for kladas he was born in laconia and lead an laconian army.His family was in laconia for at least 200 year before his birth and was from himara(you also agreed) that is the most greek speaking city in albania.
now the funny part, your sources:
"in one of them a female deputation of philhellenes presented itself;suspicions was aroused;"How?The western commissioners could tell by just looking at them?Do you belive a german or a swede can tell who is greek and who is albanian by looking at them?And it was supposed to be a greek minority so they were supposed to look greeks anyway.Or maybe they could distinguish the epirotan greeks from the peloponnesean greeks apart when even my self usually can not?"the women were ordered to divest themselves of their outer garments" you mean like"strip that is an order!" and how could they tell what they wear underneath they had x-ray vision?or it was just an excuse because they wanted to see if she had big boobs?(just kidding).And why the greeks gave her just the albanian type of coat and not the entire clothing?or just an western kind of clothing? "and underclothing of an exotic type became manifested" wtf?! exotic type?! like a kimono? an hawaiian hula dancer type? a cherokee type?I do not know for the rest of the balkans but greeks did wear western type of clothing by that time.But just let say for the sake of argument that they did not.The balkan female uniforms were all more or less similar.How could the international commissioners say something like "hmmm this type of clothing is not what tosks or ghegs or laberians or any of the other dozen of albanian tribes are wearing.This is typical of northeast peloponnese! hmmm" were they experts on balkan female fashion?
of course i can not belive in such a ridiculous source!

Source:

oh and i almost forgot. If 1/6 of the population were greeks why they had to bring people from even from peloponnese to stage a philhellenic committiee

I think we are walking around the bush here. Durres, previously Epidamnos, was founded by Greeks and there was also a Greek presence there until the late Middle ages.

The Byzantine Greeks never referred to other Orthodox non-Greek speaking peoples as Greek/Romios. Could you offer a source where it says that Albanian speakers were referred to as Greeks?
Plethon did. Did Byzantines regard themselves as Hellenes before 11th century?

the more reliable studies about albanian language put its origin among Moesian/Dacian tribes removed at first time by other IE people towards Dardani places (North Macedonia) at some time of History, based on phonetic and structure parts of language and also lack of proper maritime words - sure History is moving on and past is not always the same as present or future! Frontiers moved too - But some things seem showing first Albanians were not "autochtonous" on the Adriatic shores in antiquity - What is not a reason to put fire and war everywhere, and to desespeately try to recover the frontiers like they were supposed to be in 1500 AC, 1000 AC , 1500 BC or during the paleolithic (I doubt there were frontiers then but?) ?

What makes the studies you are referring to as more reliable? explain for us with slow understanding abilities!

Second:: There is an explanation for the lack of some sea words, because there are others who exist! If interested I will explain those to you!

This thread has been viewed 80487 times.

Back