What music are you listening to?

I always liked her. Here's another one...a Dylan song...

I always liked her. Here's another one...a Dylan song...
Not being a massive fan of Joan Baez, I have a handful of her songs which I really like, those I posted being two. I don`t have Forever Young in my playlist and to be honest Angela, I don`t know why not because it really is a lovely song. A lot of the sentiment in it reminds me of things from old Scottish or Irish blessings..lol.

Man, I haven't heard this song in a long time. Haha. Eating "Sugar Lumps" is slang for doing Cocaine. Of course I didn't know that when I was a kid. @_@

Joan Baez is great. Her music sounds so good even with all the advances in recording. Excellent music for Sunday Morning. Here is more of London Grammer. They can sound depressing if you hear them as a whole, but picking numbers here and there they sound interesting. 'Stay awake' would be my favourite after 'strong'

This is how Im feeling very often :rolleyes:

It's a question of mind over matter, Maleth.:)

Oh good one!.... I love her coping skills and adaptations, and I wish to know what she has found as mosquito repellent to keep her skin so smooth and beautiful :grin::grin:. Its a great message none the less :)

Oh, as to the skin, the secret is stay in the shade and include lots of olive oil in your diet...in this case maybe coconut oil? I do so like that she has a normal woman's body and doesn't starve herself into that waif look.

It's a different world to the one in which our grandparents lived, yes? No more black kerchiefs and sensible shoes once you hit thirty-five or forty if you're a woman, thank God! At my great aunt's ninetieth birthday I asked her what innovation or change she had witnessed in her long life which she most appreciated. I expected her to say the automobile or airplanes or washing machines or something. You know what she said? She most loved that she didn't have to wear those kerchiefs any more and could get her hair done at the hairdressers and could wear a pretty dress even in her eighties! (She did look lovely even in her eighties...a figure like a girl and her hair was barely grey.) You see where I get it? :LOL:

Have I ever mentioned that I really like Adam Levine and Maroon 5? Not that this is admirable behavior, of course....a bad woman and worse mother. My great aunt would have been appalled. She was a romantic who found her true love at sixteen and never wavered. She told me once that as the day would fade she would wash her face and comb her hair and start to look down the lane. When she saw her Gianni appear over the hill she said her heart would lift and start to beat faster.
smile.gif

Oh, as to the skin, the secret is stay in the shade and include lots of olive oil in your diet...in this case maybe coconut oil? I do so like that she has a normal woman's body and doesn't starve herself into that waif look.

It's a different world to the one in which our grandparents lived, yes? No more black kerchiefs and sensible shoes once you hit thirty-five or forty if you're a woman, thank God! At my great aunt's ninetieth birthday I asked her what innovation or change she had witnessed in her long life which she most appreciated. I expected her to say the automobile or airplanes or washing machines or something. You know what she said? She most loved that she didn't have to wear those kerchiefs any more and could get her hair done at the hairdressers and could wear a pretty dress even in her eighties! (She did look lovely even in her eighties...a figure like a girl and her hair was barely grey.) You see where I get it? :LOL:

Have I ever mentioned that I really like Adam Levine and Maroon 5? Not that this is admirable behavior, of course....a bad woman and worse mother. My great aunt would have been appalled. She was a romantic who found her true love at sixteen and never wavered. She told me once that as the day would fade she would wash her face and comb her hair and start to look down the lane. When she saw her Gianni appear over the hill she said her heart would lift and start to beat faster.
smile.gif

That was very sweet from your great Zia. Very typical of people of their age and with all the freedom we have today there are still such couples which is very heart warming.

Thats a very nice song by the way. I would not say its very common but its well know that some younger people are attracted to older (much older maybe) women. Some are open about it which I have no problem. But for some its a taboo subject as it does not represent the norm of course :)

That was very sweet from your great Zia. Very typical of people of their age and with all the freedom we have today there are still such couples which is very heart warming.

Thats a very nice song by the way. I would not say its very common but its well know that some younger people are attracted to older (much older maybe) women. Some are open about it which I have no problem. But for some its a taboo subject as it does not represent the norm of course :)

The song isn't really about that, of course. I expect he did it for "shock" value, as indeed it's not accepted as much as when the man is older.

I thought of posting this yesterday...it's another of his songs I really like...well, I like a lot of them from his Maroon 5 days especially...

Sunday Morning....

For some posters on the "Will All The People of The World Mix Creating One Race In the Future":petrified:, take heart...not for a while yet...:)

Here's one from 1913. Isn't this the oldest song you've ever heard, played live?

I really like Eva Cassidy's version of this song: Who Knows Where the Time Goes

The brilliant Karen Matheson, Maura O`Connell and James Grant...Evangeline.

My eye first went to Evangeline...so I thought you were going to post this....:LOL:

This thread has been viewed 1189264 times.

Back