What music are you listening to?

[FONT=&quot]πάντα ῥεῖ[/FONT]

Honky Tonk Man

watch

I know it's dating me, but South Florida always means Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine. :) They still play that music in the Lord and Taylor clothing store as background music, and in my favorite Cuban restaurant down there too. I think that's pretty cool. :)

Speaking of...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQa10n21YIw

Not going to see the movie since I didn't even like the play. :) The only thing that's spectacular is this one song, and no one has ever sung it better than Elaine May, imo, both musically and emotionally, not Celine Dione, or Barbara Streisand or Hudson. I just always get emotional when I hear it. Gut wrenching.

"Sometimes ups
outnumber the downs..."

So glad I'm not the only one who likes Disney songs, or maybe isn't afraid to admit to liking Disney songs. :)

Ed. One of my real loves is musical theater, what we call "Broadway music", and my favorite play is Les Mes.

On My Own:

Welcome back. Nothing like some fiddle music to express happiness. :)

My own personal, thank God work is over happy song: Cut loose.

“Saudade is a vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist, for something other than the present. – Aubrey Bell

So glad I'm not the only one who likes Disney songs, or maybe isn't afraid to admit to liking Disney songs. :)

Ed. One of my real loves is musical theater, what we call "Broadway music", and my favorite play is Les Mes.

On My Own:

Undoubtedly many fortunes of some Disney feature films - at least for the successes dated especially between the 60s and 70s - were due to first-rate soundtracks. New compositions by established artists (think of Elton John for the "Lion King" in more recent times) or beautiful reinterpretations and readjustments of classic compositions. What I perhaps prefer is the famous Sleeping Beauty waltz which draws heavily on that one by Tchaikovsky :)

Rivers of Babylon
(remember ...)

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the Heart
Closer to the Heart

The Blacksmith and the Artist
Reflect it in their art
They forge their creativity
Closer to the Heart
Yea, Closer to the Heart

Philosophers and Plowmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the Heart
Closer to the Heart

You can be the Captain
And I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the Heart
Closer to the Heart
Well, Closer to the Heart
Yeah, Closer to the Heart
Closer to the Heart
I said, Closer to the Heart

Rivers of Babylon
(remember ...)

Are you in gospel music mode? :)

Rivers loom large in many religions. There are numerous mentions of the River Jordan in Gospel music.

However, whenever I hear of the rivers of Babylon I immediately think of Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me to the End of Love". Shows where my mind's at! :) His too! Did anyone ever celebrate physical love between man and woman better than he did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGorjBVag0I

Are you in gospel music mode? :)

Rivers loom large in many religions. There are numerous mentions of the River Jordan in Gospel music.

However, whenever I hear of the rivers of Babylon I immediately think of Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me to the End of Love". Shows where my mind's at! :) His too! Did anyone ever celebrate physical love between man and woman better than he did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGorjBVag0I

Can You See the Light :)

This thread has been viewed 1189453 times.

Back