Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 3,176 to 3,181 of 3181

Thread: What music are you listening to?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.

"You can have everything in the world and still be the loneliest man." (Farrokh Bulsara aka Freddie Mercury)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Rock this Country
    (Shania Twain)

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Rock this Country
    (Shania Twain)

I've always liked Shania Twain (Canadian or not, I think she should be an honorary American), and I like the song. :) It. like country more and more.

I don't know if you were thinking of it, but she's a perfect illustration of the point of the song Stuvane posted.

She had a harsh, difficult, childhood; through talent and sheer grit and hard work she dragged herself and her siblings out of dire poverty; had massive success, fame and riches, and thought she had the marriage of her dreams, only to wind up alone because the bastard had an affair with her nanny and good friend. If it were me, anger and bitterness would consume me, and you could add in depression too, all of which I do think she has suffered.

Money indeed doesn't protect you from heartbreak, although I suppose it's a little easier to bear if you don't have to worry about a roof over your head and food for the table.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I've always liked Shania Twain (Canadian or not, I think she should be an honorary American), and I like the song. :) It. like country more and more.

I don't know if you were thinking of it, but she's a perfect illustration of the point of the song Stuvane posted.

She had a harsh, difficult, childhood; through talent and sheer grit and hard work she dragged herself and her siblings out of dire poverty; had massive success, fame and riches, and thought she had the marriage of her dreams, only to wind up alone because the bastard had an affair with her nanny and good friend. If it were me, anger and bitterness would consume me, and you could add in depression too, all of which I do think she has suffered.

Money indeed doesn't protect you from heartbreak, although I suppose it's a little easier to bear if you don't have to worry about a roof over your head and food for the table.
    ... I guess money gives only 95% happiness, ... I’m around 75%, ... I wouldn’t mind being a little happier :)

Ethnic group
    Italian

Aretha Franklin: THINK

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Dancin' Chris Isaak...hypnotic and gorgeous...