What music are you listening to?

Since we've been talking about Wales, the Welsh Soul Man: Tom Jones. All the publicity about the women throwing panties on the stage obscures the fact that he has a wonderful voice and great stage presence.

Lara Fabian-Perdere L'Amore with English subtitles.

Bonnie Raitt: I can't make you love me. One of the greats of Country Music

will the circle be unbroken

I’m Walking

3qvAfpt.gif

... thanks to Jovialis for the Reface App introduction.

... I had some fun with it :) lol

Last edited:
Maneskin's Zitti e Buoni (Be quiet and good) is going to represent Italy for Eurovision 2021. Love that it's rock, really liked the music, think they're all good performers, especially the lead, and the styling is stupendous (great looks as well, as usual). Hope they bring at least the violinists to Eurovision.

Do I like the lyrics? As someone who hates drugs and what they do to people, no, but it's a reality for people; the anger, the feeling of alienation, the pain that only drugs seems to free them from.

I also likee Irama, Erma Meta, Annalisa and Madame. Sorry to all the Michielin fans, but I thought she sounded as if she needed autotune, and I don't like Fedez; too brutal for me normally.

I'll provide the English translation. Has the actual finale been posted? This is all I could find.

It's from lyrics translate (actually touch your testicles to be precise, but whatever)

"And good evening, ladies and gentlemenActors on the scene
You better touch wood
You better be nice and quiet
People here are odd, like pushers
I spent too many nights locked out
Now I'm going around kicking on the doors
Looking upwards, like climbers
So, I'm sorry mom if I'm always out, but

I'm out of my mind, just not like them
And you're out of your mind, just not like them
We're out of our mind, just not like them
No

I have written pages over pages
I've seen salt and then tears
These men on their cars
Unable to climb against the rapids
Carved on a gravestone
"There's no god in my home"
But if you understand the meaning of time
You'll rise back up from your oblivion
And no wind can stop
Natural power
From the right point of view
You can feel the euphoria brought by the wind
With wings of wax on my back
I'll seek out that height
If you're trying to stop me, try again
Try and cut my head off
Because

I'm out of my mind, just not like them

People talk, unfortunately
They talk, and they don't know what they're talking about
Just take me where I can stay afloat
'Cause here I can't breathe
They talk, and they don't know what they're talking about
They talk, and they don't know what the **** they're talking about

But I'm out of my mind, just not like them

https://lyricstranslate.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the lyrics Angela!

Not my favourite Sanremo of all time but I still thoroughly enjoyed the week. I particularly appreciated Irama's song but he wasn't allowed to sing live as someone in his team had tested positive for Covid. I paricularly enjoyed the song from Madame, perhaps a little too esoteric for some. And Extraliscio just made me forget all my woes and dance myself into a frenzy. I'm passionate about anything containing Italian folk vibes on steroids.

Those who are fans of the festival should see the Thursday night show, featuring covers of famous Italian autore. Maneskin (meaning moonlight in Danish) were incredible singing Amandoti with Manuel Agnelli.

Thanks for the lyrics Angela!

Not my favourite Sanremo of all time but I still thoroughly enjoyed the week. I particularly appreciated Irama's song but he wasn't allowed to sing live as someone in his team had tested positive for Covid. I paricularly enjoyed the song from Madame, perhaps a little too esoteric for some. And Extraliscio just made me forget all my woes and dance myself into a frenzy. I'm passionate about anything containing Italian folk vibes on steroids.

Those who are fans of the festival should see the Thursday night show, featuring covers of famous Italian autore. Maneskin (meaning moonlight in Danish) were incredible singing Amandoti with Manuel Agnelli.

Finale version came up. WOW! I don't go for Nude look usually, but what can I say...they looked gorgeous. :)
[video]https://www.raiplay.it/video/2021/03/Sanremo-2021-quinta-serata-Maneskin-cantano-Zitti-e-buoni--e78833c1-c3ca-47ab-a1dc-b0f5f41765bf.html[/video]

On reflection, perhaps it isn't really drug use necessarily that he's explaining.

As I said above, I liked Irama's song as well, and Madame's.

I wish they had sung Amandoti alone; Damiano David was divine, but he and Agnelli didn't really sound right together, imo.

... the only reason that song won is because the young people were all home (covid restrictions), .... and they're the ones with the quick voting fingers!

I find it shocking that songs with swears , and the winner wasn't the only one, are authorized to compete in such “family” oriented venue.

And it doesn't resemble any kind of “Italian Melody” style at all.

... maybe catchy,... but it’s old fashioned American Hard Rock.

Well, I'm not young, and I really liked it, but perhaps I'm not typical. I actually also really like rock of any kind, even hard rock, or "glam" rock, and from what I have been able to tell over the years so do a lot of Italians.

They made Dave Grohl cry by coming from all over Italy to do this...

Why should Italian singers and musicians be excluded from the world of rock? They certainly perform a lot of rap. I think these guys should translate it into English and release it world wide.

There shouldn't just be one kind of "Italian song", imo. Italian music has been influenced since the Middle Ages by music from other countries; otherwise why did we have quadriglias and gigas and later on Italian polkas and valtzers and tangos. The Italian ballad is a marvelous thing, and I'm a great lover of it, but so is Northern Choral singing, and I think Italian performers should be able to compose and sing jazz or pop, or rock or rap, or as in this case, a combination of rap and rock if they choose. Of course, I'm speaking as someone who adores rock, including hard rock. I also very much like some of the songs which incorporate Middle Eastern influences.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. :)

imho ... it should have won, ... a song more in line with our present time:

The Pharmacist

... with Italian lyrics:

... from Sanremo, though on the night of the final he dressed-up as Clark Kent / Superman :)

@Angela

I like Rock too :)

... but I expect Sanremo to be an Italian Style Melody competition, ... there are other venues for the alternatives,

... I guess, the more time passes by, the more I become a man out of my time :) lol

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. :) I found the lyrics and the melody in the Max Gazze song rather simplistic and almost like a child's song.

I also disagree that there isn't a history of Italian rock.

OK

... so the song with swears is more intellectual and not as childish as the song I like :)

This thread has been viewed 1190546 times.

Back