What music are you listening to?

Last edited:
Shawnee Sioux war dance (with a touch of modern)

Wow. That original footage is...I don't even know how to express it...more frightening...more exotic...more "primitive" than anything you see in the movies or even at Native Gatherings today.

They're extraordinary looking men, aren't they? Those cheekbones look like they could cut glass, and the noses are like the prow of a ship. They don't look like South American Indians to me, i.e. Amazonian Indians.

Music for Hope (Live) - Andrea Bocelli

... Milan, Paris, London, New York, ...

Amazing Grace

The views are now up to 34 million...

When Andrea Bocelli’s Easter performance at Duomo di Milan was first conceived, it was being thought of primarily as a local event — or localized to Italy, at least. The live-stream’s instigator, the mayor of Milan, came up with the idea with the intention of uplifting his home country, the one hardest hit in some of the critical weeks of the coronavirus pandemic.
It became a global tune-in event, of course, for a lot of people who viewed it as a substitute for church and a lot more who might never have darkened the door of one. Roughly 5 million people around the world logged on to YouTube to view the half-hour sacred music concert as it was happening. By Monday night the archived performance had 32 million views. Clearly, it transcended religion, nationality, age demographic and even music preference on its way to becoming perhaps the signature cultural event of the pandemic.

His voice isn't what it was, but this beautiful music, these prayers, including Amazing Grace, sung by this lone, blind man in an empty church, amid empty streets, really moved me, and I guess it moved a lot of other people as well, religious or not, a lover of classical music and religious songs, or not.

This is the best response humanity could give in a time of pestilence, the most human one, from what is best in us: music and art which portray a lost and suffering humanity seeking comfort and hope, by a man who knows that one sees best through the heart, not the eyes. It's there that grace enters.

Wow. That original footage is...I don't even know how to express it...more frightening...more exotic...more "primitive" than anything you see in the movies or even at Native Gatherings today.

They're extraordinary looking men, aren't they? Those cheekbones look like they could cut glass, and the noses are like the prow of a ship. They don't look like South American Indians to me, i.e. Amazonian Indians.

They seem very proud and formidable :)

Buffy Sainte Marie - You got to run
Whether you're woman or whether you're man
Sometimes you got to take a stand ...

cho cho Fire

... good time on the Reservation :)

You got to run (for it, ... not from it) / Spirit of the wind
(higher quality)

[QUOTE=Salento;601333]You got to run (for it, ... not from it) / Spirit of the wind
(higher quality)

[/QUOTE]

@Salento: Very very cool ;)

Back to my youth with the many hits from the

The Police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T1c7GkzRQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

and many , many more

and...I am amazed this old video has .....ONE BILLION VIEWS on February 17, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

@torzio
Nice remembered. “I’m an Englishman in New York”. No, it isn’t that music that I am post next. It’s just part of lyric of a music of Sting talking about his experience of life in NYC. Maybe, in a close future, I post it. This video clip shows ‘The Police’ performing Synchronicity II, from the album Synchronicity, maybe the best album maded by ‘The Police’. My older brother presented me ‘The Police’ when I went with my mother to meet his house located in inland of my State, where he was the boss of the Department of maintenance engineering of a steel industry. I was a boy. Since then I like so much of ‘The Police’. It was a fantastic band.

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer - Another English. Not in NYC, but in a Show in Milan, Italy. Great.

If you think you can sing,
Then Try this
no instrumental music behind,
I think a unigue perfomance

a moarning song,
for Friday before Easter

and here with female voice and instruments

Tarantella del Gargano...Marco Beasley's version is very good, but this will always be the best for me...elemental...a cry not just from the heart but the blood...it's everything I love about Southern Italian music.

This woman, what should I do to love this woman?
For her I'll make a beautiful garden of roses,
All around her to make her fall in love,
With precious stones and fine gold,
In the middle of it I'll dig a beautiful fountain,
And spring water will gush from it,
I'll put on it a bird singing.
He'll sing and rest, saying "You sweetheart:
For you I became a bird,
To sleep beside you, oh beautiful lady.

Years
John Anderson

Livestream:
One World Together at Home

Pancho and Lefty

Tarantella del Gargano...Marco Beasley's version is very good, but this will always be the best for me...elemental...a cry not just from the heart but the blood...it's everything I love about Southern Italian music.

This woman, what should I do to love this woman?
For her I'll make a beautiful garden of roses,
All around her to make her fall in love,
With precious stones and fine gold,
In the middle of it I'll dig a beautiful fountain,
And spring water will gush from it,
I'll put on it a bird singing.
He'll sing and rest, saying "You sweetheart:
For you I became a bird,
To sleep beside you, oh beautiful lady.

This is very nice (you posted time ago):

This is very nice (you posted time ago):

Very nice, indeed. I liked it not only because of the music but because of the male dancer. They're usually much more restrained, which is more traditional, but as dance I like this more. I also like it because it's much more a tammuriata than a pizzica, and my Neapolitan grandmother in law danced it and tried to teach me. I think you have to be born to it, though.

If you haven't heart it, this is the Marco Beasley version. Really lovely, I think, but not as "raw" or "elemental"? It's like listening to a highly skilled operatic tenor singing a Neapolitan folk song: really beautiful in its own way, but not as it was meant to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05MIoZRCYY

Here is Beasley again...with the Christina Pluhar group, which I love...he's a great talent, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAxBZSXW28

Both together: La Carpinese

This thread has been viewed 1196270 times.

Back