What music are you listening to?

Pizzica di Galatone - I Calanti
couple dancing :)

EDIT:
:unsure: in Salento Social Distance is a requirement for all of our Dances (no touching!),

Social Distancing comes naturally to me, lol

Pizzica di Galatone - I Calanti
couple dancing :)

EDIT:
:unsure: in Salento Social Distance is a requirement for all of our Dances (no touching!),

Social Distancing comes naturally to me, lol

Very nice. I'm sure in the old days if you touched her you wound up with a bride. :)

Very often when a couple dances, it's about the woman seducing the man, but allowing no touching. Only in a civilized culture would they get away with it.

They really spell it out in this staged piece.

It's like an ancient fertility rite.

He's going to die after a year of this, and then a new king will be crowned, but maybe he doesn't care? Shades of "The Golden Bough". :)

Very nice. I'm sure in the old days if you touched her you wound up with a bride. :)

Very often when a couple dances, it's about the woman seducing the man, but allowing no touching. Only in a civilized culture would they get away with it.

They really spell it out in this staged piece.

It's like an ancient fertility rite.

He's going to die after a year of this, and then a new king will be crowned, but maybe he doesn't care? Shades of "The Golden Bough". :)

the last song in your video is “nu Palpitu de Core” (Heartbeat), I think.

Great to revisit the wonderful Triumphal March - Verdi.

Very nice, indeed. I liked it not only because of the music but because of the male dancer. They're usually much more restrained, which is more traditional, but as dance I like this more. I also like it because it's much more a tammuriata than a pizzica, and my Neapolitan grandmother in law danced it and tried to teach me. I think you have to be born to it, though.

If you haven't heart it, this is the Marco Beasley version. Really lovely, I think, but not as "raw" or "elemental"? It's like listening to a highly skilled operatic tenor singing a Neapolitan folk song: really beautiful in its own way, but not as it was meant to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05MIoZRCYY

Here is Beasley again...with the Christina Pluhar group, which I love...he's a great talent, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAxBZSXW28
Beautiful. Thanks.
I read about that song. Interesting. I thought it was from Campania, btw, but it's from Puglia.

https://foggiareporter.it/tarantella-del-gargano.html

the last song in your video is “nu Palpitu de Core” (Heartbeat), I think.

If this doesn't get your heart beating, what will? :)

Saturday night ... Down at the Twist and Shout ...

Saturday night ... Down at the Twist and Shout ...

The drunkenness you see so often there really turns me off, but I like their food, and I love their music; it's happy making. :)

I really, really hope we can get back to joining together in groups to have a good time and celebrate. I've always needed quiet time, alone time, because I get overstimulated, but always punctuated by lots of human contact: restaurants, parties, games, concerts, even just having friends over for dinner or going to the theater.

I can't bear this enclosed, isolated lifestyle for much longer. It's really starting to get me down. I need more people in my life, and not just through zoom; I need hugs and kisses and just generally more physical contact.

Remember those studies of how children in orphanages deprived of human touch get psychotic? I believe it now. We're meant to be with other people.

... fencing dance

... just bitten

... agony

... happy :) Pizzicarella

Last edited:

Redneck Woman

... June 2014: Rolling Stone ranked the song number 97 on the "100 Greatest Country Songs of All Time"

Pink slaying it.

Kansas - Carry on wayward son. I like good music, but it is impossible to disguise my preference for rock'n'roll. Kansas is a great american rock'n’roll band of 70’s.

Kansas - Carry on wayward son. I like good music, but it is impossible to disguise my preference for rock'n'roll. Kansas is a great american rock'n’roll band of 70’s.

Love that song!

Since we are talking about rock'n'roll... here is a fantastic cover by Led Zeppelin of "If you're going to San Francisco"... IIRC they just put this cover in-between playing Dazed and Confused and it left a lasting impression on me.

Love that song!

Since we are talking about rock'n'roll... here is a fantastic cover by Led Zeppelin of "If you're going to San Francisco"... IIRC they just put this cover in-between playing Dazed and Confused and it left a lasting impression on me.

Thanks. Fantastic cover made by GoetheTheGiant. Led Zeppelin is amazing ;)

This thread has been viewed 1197786 times.

Back