What music are you listening to?

Ma Baker - Boney M

3O8CsjB.jpg

(disco disco) LOL

Funky Town

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that. Every September 11th is still tough for me. It's as if it was yesterday that the news broke. I was on the phone all day as phone messages were received with either good or bad news, or as some of these poor people, covered in soot and ash, were dropped off by good Samaritans who had gone to pick people up at the Bridges. There was so much anxiety and grief. So many people I knew died that day, including a few friends. One friend was supposed to have gone to a golf outing my husband was running, but decided he couldn't take time off from work. They think, from the message to his wife, that he was one of the people who leaped off the building as the fire approached him. For months it seemed as if all I did was go to funerals for one victim or another.

article-2035503-0DCA14F700000578-992_1024x615_large.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Every September 11th is still tough for me. It's as if it was yesterday that the news broke. I was on the phone all day as phone messages were received with either good or bad news, or as some of these poor people, covered in soot and ash, were dropped off by good Samaritans who had gone to pick people up at the Bridges. There was so much anxiety and grief. So many people I knew died that day, including a few friends. One friend was supposed to have gone to a golf outing my husband was running, but decided he couldn't take time off from work. They think, from the message to his wife, that he was one of the people who leaped off the building as the fire approached him. For months it seemed as if all I did was go to funerals for one victim or another.

You're welcome Angela. I recall that day vividly as well. I was in high school when it happened, and I was in second period when we heard about the planes hitting the pentagon, and the first world trade center tower. A few blocks from the school, we went to see the view of the NYC skyline, and what we saw was unbelievable. The towers had already collapsed at that point. I still remember those columns of smoking billowing from where the towers once stood. All of the major arteries to Manhattan were completely vacant, it was such a bizarre sight. I remember going to sleep that night not sure of what was going to happen next.

The Disintegration Loops is based on Basinski's attempts to salvage earlier recordings made on magnetic tape in the early 1980s by transferring them into digital format. However, the tape had deteriorated to the point that, as it passed by the tape head, the ferrite detached from the plastic backing and fell off. The loops were allowed to play for extended periods as they deteriorated further, with increasing gaps and cracks in the music. These sounds were treated further with a spatializing reverb effect. Basinski has said that he finished the project the morning of the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, and sat on the roof of his apartment building in Brooklyn with friends listening to the project as the World Trade Center towers collapsed.

I think Gaga knocked this one out of the park; it's at least equal to the Whitney Houston version. She doesn't just belt it out: she gives meaning to every word.

This wasn't so many years ago. How things have changed. It's what we have to get back to...

... ​Liberty for All ...

“God Bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with the light from above

This land is your land
This land is my land
This land was made for you and me

One nation, under God
Indivisible
With liberty and justice for all”

History is about to be repeated,

end of democracy,
back to our fate,

from a movie of 1971 (for those who know)

[video=youtube;JrP3_iDtous]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=238&v=JrP3_iDtous[/video]

in the next 2 weeks many will be anounced about S Balkans.

History is about to be repeated,

end of democracy,
back to our fate,

from a movie of 1971 (for those who know)

[video=youtube;JrP3_iDtous]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=238&v=JrP3_iDtous[/video]

in the next 2 weeks many will be anounced about S Balkans.

“Come Back With Your Shield, Or On it”
…or, just leave it behind and ... Execute a “Tatctical Retreat”!

Inno di Garibaldi

Star Spangled Man

Captain Yankee

GENO INVICTA - Ancestral Story
Unconquerable DNA - Last of the ... - Victory

https://vimeo.com/284624778

@Yetos (pm answer) :cool-v:

"I see the light"- from "Tangled". Why can't life be like this all the time for everyone?

Pentatonix: The evolution of Michael Jackson

The singers in this a cappella group have the most stupendous voices, especially Mitch with that incredibly high voice of his, and Kirsten. It's an incredible instance of serendipity. All three of the lead singers were classmates in high school.

Last edited:
Metallica-Nothing Else Matters.

I'm not at all a fan of this kind of music, but Metallica is the exception: they're excellent musicians.

Listen to it in guitar and violin...it's glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHxG3KgHmxQ

Metallica-Nothing Else Matters.

I'm not at all a fan of this kind of music, but Metallica is the exception: they're excellent musicians.

Listen to it in guitar and violin...it's glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHxG3KgHmxQ

if Kirk Hammet touch you,
it is like an edge of a glassberg swimming next to you,
if you like violin sounds
then have a trip to the core of the iceberg.

or how about Them,
Symphonic Iron Maiden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS6a0NWI0do

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1197211 times.

Back