What music are you listening to?

Sorry to interrupt the rhythm here, but I can't remember the last time a new song had me in floods of tears from beginning to end. What so many want but so few get...Is That Alright? OMG! Brividi as well as tears. Lady Gaga in "A Star Is Born". This is going to be a favorite wedding song for years and years to come.

"Life is so simpleA little boy a little girlLaughing and lovingTryin' to figure out the worldIt felt like summer when I kissed you in the rainAnd I know your story but tell me againNothing you say wouldn't interest meAll of your words are like poems to meI would be honored if you would take me as I amI want youTo look right in my eyesTo tell me you love meTo be by my sideI want youAt the end of my lifeWanna see your faceWhen I fall with graceAt the moment I dieIs that alright?Is that alright?I hope you’re still with meWhen I’m not quite myselfAnd I pray that you’ll lift meWhen you know I need helpIt’s a warm celebration of all of our yearsI dream of our story of our fairytaleFamily dinners and family treesTeachin' the kids to say thank you and pleaseKnowing if we stay together that things will be rightI want youTo look right in my eyesTo tell me you love meTo be by my sideI want youAt the end of my lifeWanna see your faceWhen I fall with graceAt the moment I dieIs that alright?Is that alright?Is that alright?"

Her voice and emotional, raw delivery takes simple words and makes them pack a punch right to your gut. Amazing.

Senza Un Perché - Nada
(with lyrics)

Polk Salad Annie ELVIS

I'll Never Love Again-another beautiful and gut wrenching song from Lady Gaga on the soundtrack of the movie "A Star is Born". That's real love and how it feels to lose it.

As each one is dropped I keep thinking they can't all be good, but they are. I have to stop fangirling. :)

Seeing the movie tomorrow and then I'll buy the soundtrack. What a relief to know that people are still making beautiful music like this, with meaningful lyrics, and movies about big things: love, with all of its piercing beauty and its complexity and heartbreak; the importance of integrity; the conflict between our integrity and our dreams; the importance of trust; the devastation caused by our own weaknesses, and on and on.

TWIST

The Lady is a Trmp - Bennett Gaga

Last edited:
The Lady is a Trmp - Bennett Gaga

All I can say is WOW! She was born to sing jazz! It deserves more than 28 million views! She's also completely enthralled Tony Bennett. In all his modern duets I've never seen him react like this.

Well, from the album, and from other things I've listened to lately I guess she can sing anything. Who the hell knew she could sing and play like this.

For so many years I didn't listen to any of her music. I guess I was put off by the outlandish get ups; I thought she was either a little nuts or just shrewdly using it for shock value and to get attention since she was told she wasn't beautiful enough to sell sex. Or maybe I thought it was all dance music. I don't know, but I really had no idea she was such a magnificent singer and musician.

Another one from the movie:
Before I cry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFBP7-3yun4

I guess this is proof there are still extremely talented people out there; they just get drowned out by the schlock.

As per Bradley Cooper as well. Who the hell knew that in addition to being a fine actor, i.e. Silver Linings Playbook, he could have, in my opinion, his own career as a great rocker, country-rocker, country singer/songwriter? Unreal.
Black Eyes:

Maybe we should let the old ways die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdljoTFMhO4

Miss Germanotta (Lady Gaga) (Stefani Joanne Angelina)
I realized years ago that she is very Talented, and her stunts and behavior were part of a calculated act.
I heard that her Dad wasn’t far away. (to keep an eye on her and stuff)
Her father is of Italian descent, and her mother is of half Italian and half French-Canadian, English, German, and Scottish ancestry.

Just saw the movie this afternoon and I'm still shattered. The music is playing on repeat. Guys, this isn't a chick flick. For one thing, if you or anyone you care about has ever had a problem with alcohol or drugs, this will make you feel less alone. If you've ever been in love or wished to to be, or ever agonized because you can't reach your dreams, or compromised to get them, likewise.

Also, this is one to see on a big screen, and dolby if possible. You won't regret it.

Rip It Up: Bianca and Nils. I love these two little people. :)

NUMERO UNO - Starlight
(I’m not sure why I post it, I had a Gut Feeling!)
a Total failure? :unsure: :giggle:

Last edited:
Uellì​ Uellà

🕷

Panis Angelicus
Friar Alessandro
from Assisi

Amazing Grace 🕊
Friar Alessandro

Adeste Fideles

Hey God, just in case ...., I want credit for this. yep 😇

The sound of his voice is very muted in all three of these videos. I don't know if it was intentional, but it's counter-productive.

I like him too, and have posted some clips of him, although I could do with less over-acting.

I've said it before, but if people want a spiritual experience (not our posters, of course) then go to Assisi, not Rome. That's the spiritual heart of Italy, imo, and for religious pilgrims to Italy.

The sound of his voice is very muted in all three of these videos. I don't know if it was intentional, but it's counter-productive.

I like him too, and have posted some clips of him, although I could do with less over-acting.

I've said it before, but if people want a spiritual experience (not our posters, of course) then go to Assisi, not Rome. That's the spiritual heart of Italy, imo, and for religious pilgrims to Italy.

San Giovanni Rotondo on the Gargano Mountains of Puglia is also popular (Padre Pio).

Chain of Fools
Michael the Archangel
(He’s busy destroying Florida right now!)

Lost on You - LP

This thread has been viewed 1193329 times.

Back