Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 3322

Thread: What music are you listening to?

  1. #201
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    715


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Joan Baez...Donna Donna.


  2. #202
    Regular Member Aberdeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-11-13
    Posts
    1,838

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

    Ethnic group
    Scottish, English and German
    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Joan Baez...Diamonds and Rust.

    That's one of my favorite nostalgia songs.

  3. #203
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I always liked her. Here's another one...a Dylan song...


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  4. #204
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    715


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
    That's one of my favorite nostalgia songs.
    Yes it`s definitely a good one for that, Aberdeen.

  5. #205
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    715


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I always liked her. Here's another one...a Dylan song...
    Not being a massive fan of Joan Baez, I have a handful of her songs which I really like, those I posted being two. I don`t have Forever Young in my playlist and to be honest Angela, I don`t know why not because it really is a lovely song. A lot of the sentiment in it reminds me of things from old Scottish or Irish blessings..lol.

  6. #206
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    24-03-15
    Posts
    5


    Country: UK - England



    land of awesome music

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    28-04-14
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (S21) - Nordic
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H (H1) - Atlantid

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
    Country: USA - Louisiana





    Man, I haven't heard this song in a long time. Haha. Eating "Sugar Lumps" is slang for doing Cocaine. Of course I didn't know that when I was a kid. @[email protected]

  8. #208
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Joan Baez is great. Her music sounds so good even with all the advances in recording. Excellent music for Sunday Morning. Here is more of London Grammer. They can sound depressing if you hear them as a whole, but picking numbers here and there they sound interesting. 'Stay awake' would be my favourite after 'strong'


  9. #209
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    This is how Im feeling very often


  10. #210
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    This is how Im feeling very often

    ]
    It's a question of mind over matter, Maleth.


  11. #211
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It's a question of mind over matter, Maleth.

    Oh good one!.... I love her coping skills and adaptations, and I wish to know what she has found as mosquito repellent to keep her skin so smooth and beautiful . Its a great message none the less

  12. #212
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Oh, as to the skin, the secret is stay in the shade and include lots of olive oil in your diet...in this case maybe coconut oil? I do so like that she has a normal woman's body and doesn't starve herself into that waif look.

    It's a different world to the one in which our grandparents lived, yes? No more black kerchiefs and sensible shoes once you hit thirty-five or forty if you're a woman, thank God! At my great aunt's ninetieth birthday I asked her what innovation or change she had witnessed in her long life which she most appreciated. I expected her to say the automobile or airplanes or washing machines or something. You know what she said? She most loved that she didn't have to wear those kerchiefs any more and could get her hair done at the hairdressers and could wear a pretty dress even in her eighties! (She did look lovely even in her eighties...a figure like a girl and her hair was barely grey.) You see where I get it?

    Have I ever mentioned that I really like Adam Levine and Maroon 5? Not that this is admirable behavior, of course....a bad woman and worse mother. My great aunt would have been appalled. She was a romantic who found her true love at sixteen and never wavered. She told me once that as the day would fade she would wash her face and comb her hair and start to look down the lane. When she saw her Gianni appear over the hill she said her heart would lift and start to beat faster.


  13. #213
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Oh, as to the skin, the secret is stay in the shade and include lots of olive oil in your diet...in this case maybe coconut oil? I do so like that she has a normal woman's body and doesn't starve herself into that waif look.

    It's a different world to the one in which our grandparents lived, yes? No more black kerchiefs and sensible shoes once you hit thirty-five or forty if you're a woman, thank God! At my great aunt's ninetieth birthday I asked her what innovation or change she had witnessed in her long life which she most appreciated. I expected her to say the automobile or airplanes or washing machines or something. You know what she said? She most loved that she didn't have to wear those kerchiefs any more and could get her hair done at the hairdressers and could wear a pretty dress even in her eighties! (She did look lovely even in her eighties...a figure like a girl and her hair was barely grey.) You see where I get it?

    Have I ever mentioned that I really like Adam Levine and Maroon 5? Not that this is admirable behavior, of course....a bad woman and worse mother. My great aunt would have been appalled. She was a romantic who found her true love at sixteen and never wavered. She told me once that as the day would fade she would wash her face and comb her hair and start to look down the lane. When she saw her Gianni appear over the hill she said her heart would lift and start to beat faster.
    That was very sweet from your great Zia. Very typical of people of their age and with all the freedom we have today there are still such couples which is very heart warming.

    Thats a very nice song by the way. I would not say its very common but its well know that some younger people are attracted to older (much older maybe) women. Some are open about it which I have no problem. But for some its a taboo subject as it does not represent the norm of course :)

  14. #214
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    That was very sweet from your great Zia. Very typical of people of their age and with all the freedom we have today there are still such couples which is very heart warming.

    Thats a very nice song by the way. I would not say its very common but its well know that some younger people are attracted to older (much older maybe) women. Some are open about it which I have no problem. But for some its a taboo subject as it does not represent the norm of course :)
    The song isn't really about that, of course. I expect he did it for "shock" value, as indeed it's not accepted as much as when the man is older.

    I thought of posting this yesterday...it's another of his songs I really like...well, I like a lot of them from his Maroon 5 days especially...

    Sunday Morning....

  15. #215
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    For some posters on the "Will All The People of The World Mix Creating One Race In the Future", take heart...not for a while yet...

  16. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    28-04-14
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (S21) - Nordic
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H (H1) - Atlantid

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
    Country: USA - Louisiana



    1 members found this post helpful.


    Here's one from 1913. Isn't this the oldest song you've ever heard, played live?

  17. #217
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I really like Eva Cassidy's version of this song: Who Knows Where the Time Goes


  18. #218
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    715


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    The brilliant Karen Matheson, Maura O`Connell and James Grant...Evangeline.

  19. #219
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    My eye first went to Evangeline...so I thought you were going to post this....


  20. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-12-10
    Posts
    1,603


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Melancon View Post

    Here's one from 1913. Isn't this the oldest song you've ever heard, played live?
    They are great, they still have good songs, like this:

    Burnett and Rutherford-Weeping Willow Tree


  21. #221
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    They are great, they still have good songs, like this:

    Burnett and Rutherford-Weeping Willow Tree

    Goodness, I'm surprised...do they play Burnett and Rutherford in Serbia? Or are you a Serbian American who somehow developed an interest in traditional American music?

  22. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    28-04-14
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (S21) - Nordic
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H (H1) - Atlantid

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
    Country: USA - Louisiana



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Goodness, I'm surprised...do they play Burnett and Rutherford in Serbia? Or are you a Serbian American who somehow developed an interest in traditional American music?
    I wouldn't think so. Burnett and Rutherford are pretty world-renowned. "Man of Constant Sorrow" is one of their songs, covered by many recording artists. Easy to find. Their version of Man of Constant Sorrow is extremely rare to find though.



    This one is pretty good. And a little funny.

  23. #223
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    04-04-15
    Location
    Heavener, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    1


    Country: Angola



    All classic rock music

  24. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    28-04-14
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (S21) - Nordic
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H (H1) - Atlantid

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
    Country: USA - Louisiana



    Sad that nobody has commented on Blind Uncle Gaspard:




    Really interesting song. He says he has to go where nobody can ever see him. And some things about his cat. Blind Uncle Gaspard is a musician I found recently; he has a lot of great songs. So sad that nobody has ever heard his music. His songs are almost like a secret. I overlooked this song at first but as someone of Cajun heritage I later found it to be quite interesting. I also had many French and French Canadian acquaintances tell me they found it quite fascinating as well.

  25. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    28-04-14
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (S21) - Nordic
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H (H1) - Atlantid

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
    Country: USA - Louisiana



    1 members found this post helpful.


    Amazing song. I got a flashback to 1994 when I was a kid. Very mid-1990s sounding song. Turn the volume up all the way on your speakers, and maybe a little bit of that bass. :)

    Reminds me of the 1994-1995-1996 era; before I started school. The 90s were great.

Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •