What music are you listening to?

This song is beautiful, right in the heart, and unleashes wonderful emotions. I still remember an excellent interpretation on a island in Greece.

@ angela

how more old than than that,

an epitaph from minor Asia Κυδωνιαι, today Aydin turkey,
seems like christian music roots

@ garrick

a song that touch my heart from 1988

to could, in the clouds,
own/work a gas station,.
to risk in the void,
to reach my unfair star,

all hearts rust irons
in a dommed sentenced body

Fire the hearts of rust iron
A God above the unfair

to could, in the clouds,
my soul to raise
with thunder and lightings, I would calm them
the complaints, that I myshlelf put
in my mind
and I started, from sorrow to get fun,

in case that you do not know,
the composer was Serbian

I'm listening to Beatles songs in my room.

Beatles experimented with more genres, among other things they have wonderful pop ballads.

Old good pop, here is one group after Beatles, they were popular in first half of 70s, Middle of the Road:

Beatles experimented with more genres, among other things they have wonderful pop ballads.

Old good pop, here is one group after Beatles, they were popular in first half of 70s, Middle of the Road:

I wasn't familiar with that one. The 70s are probably my favorite decade for music. This is one of the 70s songs that I really like:

I still listen to the Beachboys, especially in the summer. We were talking about the Caribbean on another thread, and this one immediately came to mind.

I still listen to the Beachboys, especially in the summer. We were talking about the Caribbean on another thread, and this one immediately came to mind.

Oh well well Angela, you set me off dreaming now. You are lucky to just have a (probably reasonable priced) 3 hr flight to this paradise. This is going to be my next meditation music with these images... it will make a nice change too :grin:.

I wasn't familiar with that one. The 70s are probably my favorite decade for music. This is one of the 70s songs that I really like:

I think Middle of the Night were popular in Europe, not US, some people consider the group as vanguard of Abba.

I loved this song of Rod Stewart, I learned English memorizing its verses.

It is interesting Rod Stewart shares first place with Jean Michel Jarre for the largest concert on the world. They had 3,500,000 (!) visitors, Rod in Rio de Janeiro 1994., and Jarre in Moscow 1997.

One of good songs of Rod Stewart is Downtown Train, but I prefer same song performed by Patty Smith.

Here is one song of this excellent signer:

Patty Smith, No Mistakes, 1992

El Mismo Sol

I listen to bands/singers who are about 8+ years old. Most modern singers/bands I've found sound as if they're skinning a live cat... sorry to those that like them, but a vast majority are wretched singers. Pretty faces don't take away from nails-on-chalkboard voices or absolutely stupid/meaningless lyrics. I have a well developed ear for music {I listen from classic / opera all the way through to country and rap... and everything in between} seeing as a number of my family members happen to be in the music business - including one uncle who is a world-known music producer.

As a woman I prefer harder music - rap, metal, etc.

I was listening to Coolio's Gangster's Paradise last night [closer to real rap than that sh*t West does]; though the only real rapper was Tupac.

This morning I was listening to a European band that I am quite biased to. The lead singer is a previous lover [yes, I'll admit, still an occasional on/off] & we've remained very good friends since [and friendly with the band]. The story how we met still [a decade later] makes me laugh... we originally met in Europe at a hotel. He was leaving the lobby, I was going in and we collided but he being 6'2" to my 5'3" knocked me on my ass. He didn't originally apologize, was dragged out by his colleages [band mates], though two days later at the hotel's bar [my cousins talked me into having a drink due to wedding I had attended, I rarely drink] he blundered through an apology-introduction combination.

I've heard this multiple times a day for weeks. It's fun, and catchy, and hopeful. So, what's not to like.

El Mismo Sol

An oldie but a goodie...Sempre e Per Sempre...Always and Forever

The rain and the sun
They change
People's faces
Can create a hell in your heart

They leave and then they return
And they never stop

You are always and forever

Remember

Wherever you are
If you seek me, I'll be there

Always and forever
By your side

I have seen people leave, get lost, and then return
And then leave again
Extending a hand...empty handed
With the same shoes walking different roads
Or with different shoes walking the same road

You mustn't' believe it
If someone tells you that
I'm not the same anymore

The rain and the sun bark and bite
But they pass
True love can be hidden
It can be confused
But it can never, ever be lost, never

Always and Forever
By your side

Always and Forever
By your side

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smRGh_6GuW0

I've recently been watching the video of Placido Domingo's Tosca, directed by Zubin Mehta. It was a sensation when it was done (well, among opera aficionados) because it was done in real time in the precise locations mentioned in the opera. It's available at Amazon and it's a good introduction for neophytes because it has English subtitles.

This is the direct link in case you can only see a small version of the screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdiJ74AL5Y

Lost Stars: Adam Levine

Great cover of Let It Be-Adam Levine and Tessanne from The Voice...

Happier days. Le Concert de Paris-La Marseillaise

This thread has been viewed 1194013 times.

Back