What music are you listening to?

I found it very moving.
One solitary, graceful woman dancing for herself and against the plague.
Bravo. :)
I have seen that piazza before but I did not see the girl there:grin:.

That's Piazza Sant’Oronzo in Lecce (Lupiae), location of the Roman Amphitheater,

... she’s dancing on top of the City Symbol: a She Wolf and a Leccio tree ...

That's Piazza Sant’Oronzo in Lecce (Lupiae), location of the Roman Amphitheater,

... she’s dancing on top of the City Symbol: a She Wolf and a Leccio tree ...

I was there last Sept 11th or 12th.

I was there last Sept 11th or 12th.

... I lived and went to school 5 minutes walk from there when I was a child, ... then we moved back to my Ancestral Town a couple of Km away from Lecce, :)

Just came across my feed...a folk music group from Emilia Romagna, specifically Marzabotto in the Apennines. These are the relatives of the people murdered by the Waffen SS during the second world war in the largest slaughter of civilians during that period. In fact, it's the biggest mass shooting in Italian history.

That always resonates with me, because the same things happened right in my own backyard. Mostly, though, I think it's finally sinking in that I can't go home this summer.

This is what we would lose if all our elderly people died...our link with our past and therefore with our culture.

Just came across my feed...a folk music group from Emilia Romagna, specifically Marzabotto in the Apennines. These are the relatives of the people murdered by the Waffen SS during the second world war in the largest slaughter of civilians during that period. In fact, it's the biggest mass shooting in Italian history.

That always resonates with me, because the same things happened right in my own backyard. Mostly, though, I think it's finally sinking in that I can't go home this summer.

This is what we would lose if all our elderly people died...our link with our past and therefore with our culture.

At least there was is YouTube now. Wonderful local folk music. In the 1950 and 60's there was an effort by Greek folklorists to record songs, take pictures of the local dresses and record the different traditions at Christmas, Easter and the other major religious celebrations. But there not enough of them and some of the local variations were lost and you only heard the ones that were recorded by the folklorists. Over the last 20 years traditional music/dance was taught in the music schools whereas it was shunned before. As part of the renaissance, students went back into the villages and recorded local songs from all over, consulted local players and discovered the wonderful variations of even the standards. I am so happy about the formally trained musicians taking up the mantle of traditional music. Maybe something like that can/should happen in rural Italy.

Le Undici Di Sera-from Fontanarossa, Genova, one of the "Quattro Province".

St. Paul

:unsure: (... not King James's version) :grin:

Good one, because there are people alive today that will tell you "If the King James Bible was good enough for Saint Paul, then it is good enough for me":rolleyes:

Eduardo Dusek - Pilosofia Vurtuguesa (Filosofia Portuguesa) - Portuguese Philosophy

This thread has been viewed 1189406 times.

Back