Rise
Caroline Jones

Line Dance ... by Abruzzesi :)

[h=1]Christian Chavez & Anahi "LIBERTAD" [/h]

Good Time

God’s Country

Mama tried

I’m a Ramblin’ Man

Not sure what I would give for a weekend in 70's Cali.

watch

Rock is slowly dying...uh, wait a minute! :)

Winners of Eurovision for Zitti e Buoni, and a song they perform in English.

Just had to share with the rock lovers out there.

No one ever said life was fair. Here we have extreme beauty (and not just Damiano), phenomenal talent, energy, stage presence, you name it. Of course, they had to work like mad men as well.

Yes, always loved the bad boys of rock; I even forgive him incorporating some rap. :)

Wish I could link the live versions but most of them are being blocked.

^^I think Razib Khan needs to understand that Rock music is a lot more popular in Europe, at least from what I have seen. Also, people don't take into account that a lot of people don't even b*uy music anymore, because it is free on Youtube.

EDIT: what the hell, you can't write the word "B-uy* or "Pro-cure"?

^^I think Razib Khan needs to understand that Rock music is a lot more popular in Europe, at least from what I have seen. Also, people don't take into account that a lot of people don't even b*uy music anymore, because it is free on Youtube.

EDIT: what the hell, you can't write the word "B-uy* or "Pro-cure"?

The majority of the popular vote went to the bands that performed rock music.

Maybe people are finally sick of the plastic, **** junk performed by people who aren't musicians or singers at all.

I wonder if they would ever consider putting out an English language version of Zitti e Buoni. Shut up and behave is catchy in English too! :)

(Didn't know Khan had opined on them or rock in general. Would never go to him for music advice anyway. They're creating a storm worldwide even with an Italian song. Can't imagine if it were in English. I think we're seeing the birth of an international star.)

Maybe people are finally sick of the plastic, **** junk performed by people who aren't musicians or singers at all.

I wonder if they would ever consider putting out an English language version of Zitti e Buoni. Shut up and behave is catchy in English too! :)

(Didn't know Khan had opined on them or rock in general. Would never go to him for music advice anyway. They're creating a storm worldwide even with an Italian song. Can't imagine if it were in English. I think we're seeing the birth of an international star.)

The whole song exuded charisma. Maneskin slayed it. Knowing Italian the lyrics were quite relevant, and even prescient, considering the british journalists baseless allegations later... La gente parla, ma non sa di ce parla...

But I would say some of the pop/vocal songs were quite enjoyable. I might sound biased bringing up Switzerland, but Gjon had a fantastic performance, vocally and not only.

Not your typical pop, but then again French pop never is.

I watched the entire show in full and this year's entries were just awful, compared to previous years. The Italian band played decent rock music and they have the right attitude that they exhibited in the post-contest interviews, reminding me of good old metal bands from the 1980s. Understandably, the band got most of the popular vote. It wasn't a difficult choice to make.

I don't know why Eurovision doesn't put an English translation of the lyrics on a banner. They do it for opera; they can't do it for Eurovision songs? Whether some people like it or not, a lot of Europeans know English, and it would give them a better appreciation of the songs. I realize most of the songs are ridiculous, but still...at least for Maneskin, where the lyrics are actually poetic and meaningful, it would help reach more people.

Maneskin is blowing up youtube. They're going to be huge. Listen to "Torna a Casa", "Coraline, Coraline", or "I wanna be your slave", which is in English. I even like Damiano's cover of "Back to Black" from years ago. They're only 20, 21, and 22. They can go so far.

Sorry, the Swiss performer had a decent voice, although he lost the pitch a few times (that's what happens to some performers when it's live, not studio massaged), but what the hell was up with the hand and arm thing? It ruined the whole song for me. Did he never look at himself performing that way in a mirror? What about his manager? He looked like an octopus or the blow up figures used in American advertising. The only two that were worse were Iceland trying to prove definitively that Nordic people can't dance and have no rhythm, and Ukraine holding some sort of Pagan Pow Wow.

Good grief.

I did like the French entry, and Finland, and a few others.

This thread has been viewed 1189275 times.

Back