What music are you listening to?

Ah, poor Adriano.

I never found Saturdays so annoying, but then I never was "hung over" from various indulgences, or had anything to "repent". :)

Saturdays were annoying in other ways, of course, but because there was too much to do, not too little, whether I liked it or not: food shopping, errands, and cleaning that couldn't get done Monday-Friday because I was working, and, of course, endless children's sports activities or concerts. The absolute worst was swim practice or meets with my daughter. Sometimes we had to leave at 5:30 in the morning. Sundays were activities again, and massive amounts of cooking for the week ahead.

It wasn't all work, of course, so I don't mean to come off as "woe is me". :) We did go out almost all Saturday nights, and some Friday nights, either alone or with friends, or I hosted dinners at our house, or there was a dinner dance at the club. We had a lot of fun all those years. More than one Saturday night I still closed down a Croatian restaurant that became an old fashioned dance hall after 11PM, playing all Italian songs from the pre-WWII years. One night I kept the party going after 2AM by playing the juke box, and when we went home we saw the Manhattan skyline emerge in the dawn. Of course, I don't drink more than a glass of wine or one cocktail, and all the dancing anywhere was done under my husband's eyes. :)

In retrospect I'd also love to be going to those children's activities again. It was so "pure".

I guess I didn't need a lot of sleep then. :)

You know, I never was much of a Celentano fan, but with you and Salento posting his songs, I'm undergoing a conversion. He was funny and very, very, charming.

Not funny or charming, but very sad, here's an American song about the morning after.

Sunday Morning Coming Down:

One of my favorite female singers no matter what she sings: About Mondays. :)

Black Coffee: k.d.lang. I think she's as good a blues singer as any of the greats of the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Gba61V2nQ

Really beautiful ballads, Angela, thanks
(y)

Especially in Kristofferson's I see a bit of a transposition into music of the meaning of some verses from Leopardi's "Il sabato del villaggio":

"Diman tristezza e noia
Recheran l'ore, ed al travaglio usato
Ciascuno in suo pensier farà ritorno."

["Tomorrow sadness and boredom
They will get the hours, and to the used labor
Each in his thoughts will return. "]

Stuvanè

Really beautiful ballads, Angela, thanks
(y)

Especially in Kristofferson's I see a bit of a transposition into music of the meaning of some verses from Leopardi's "Il sabato del villaggio":

"Diman tristezza e noia
Recheran l'ore, ed al travaglio usato
Ciascuno in suo pensier farà ritorno."

["Tomorrow sadness and boredom
They will get the hours, and to the used labor
Each in his thoughts will return. "]

One more k.d. lang. I've been listening to her all morning. Then I'll stop. Such a shame she never made it really big; I think her decision to go so "butch" in her appearance in later years, and also the lack of pyrotechnics, stage blitz etc. She's just a woman on stage. That's all you need though, imo, if it's this voice, and this body language.

"God could not be everywhere,
so he created mothers."

Mom's Dance
Il ballo della Mamma

Tutti Frutti

R.I.P.

Little Richard
1932 - 2020

Edit - deleted .. some of the lyrics were a little inappropriate :grin:

Tennessee flat top box

Last edited:
what about after CoviD crisis?

brave or slave new world

... we've got the right to choose it
There ain't no way we'll lose it
This is our life, this is our song ...

Never heard that version,
tottaly different,

I used to listen theold classical one of him (them)

Never heard that version,
tottaly different,

I used to listen theold classical one of him (them)

It’s a powerful emotional rendition of - we’re not gonna take it -

it was made to raise awareness and donations for childhood cancer.

Let it be - The track was produced by Soundcheck Live and features names like Avril Lavigne, Nuno Bettencourt, Orianthi, Phil X, Gary Cherone and dUg Pinnick, as well as a long list of musicians and sound engineers who worked alongside artists like Lady Gaga, Aretha Franklin, Ariana Grande and more.

POISON

“Hard is the heart that loveth nought In May.” (G. C.)

“Hard is the heart that loveth nought In May.” (G. C.)

Just what I needed this lazy morning as I sit outside looking at all my beautiful flowering trees. :)

Elvira is an "American" name of the south, but it was used in a horror movie for "The Mistress of the Dark". :)

Elvira with the original singers, the Oak Ridge Boys, and one of my favorite a capella groups, Home Free.

Fun song.
watch

Black Tarantula bites and stamps on Covid-19

... Spidy retaliated, ... it’s been in Salento for centuries, and it ain’t sharing its turf anymore :)

... Spidy retaliated, ... it’s been in Salento for centuries, and it ain’t sharing its turf anymore :)

I have seen that piazza before but I did not see the girl there:grin:.

I found it very moving.

One solitary, graceful woman dancing for herself and against the plague.

Bravo. :)

This thread has been viewed 1189604 times.

Back