What music are you listening to?

My Ally is the Force

the Force runs Strong in You too!

🤔 Dr Fauci reminds me of Yoda, High Stature 🙃 and ... what to believe and how to behave!

Go World, Forza Lecce, me :) Puglia and Italy ...

we deserve a happy ending ...

off topic
... get well Nadia :) 🐅

50 years of metal

The sails of Charon

... some people forget that East / West exchange isn’t just a recent phenomenon.

Light of Rome

Firmly I pledge
my loyalty to thee
Land of my Forefathers
forever brimming with glory

A land of beauty
home of the courageous

Our Eternal Rome

the might of enemy ships
Threatens us in vain
it is a hopeless quest
Turn away from deceit
and sweet delusions

For the trumpets of War
will call our Legions soon
And across the fatherland
a victory song will ring

And across the fatherland
our song will resonate
A time of joy and pride
for Eternal Rome ...

East vs West
:grin:

I went for a ride this morning, opened all the windows; just wish I had a convertible.:)

It's such a glorious day here: blue skies, a good breeze, a warm sun, and forsythia, apple and cherry trees in bloom, dogwoods starting to unfurl their buds, and crocuses poking their heads out of the ground.

This we can still enjoy.

I have collections of old Italian music to play in the car.

It was lovely to hear this: E Primavera (Mattinata Fiorentina)...It's Spring; Wake Up Young Maidens.

It’s springtime, wake up signorine
at the farmhouses Mr. April is playing the heartbreaker

and late in the evening, florentine maidens,
so many hairpins will be found on the meadows

little walnut blossom, there's a dim light but there are silence and peace
little walnut blossom, the light is dim
little burning flower, miss Bice never refuses a kiss
she likes to kiss, what's wrong with that?

It's springtime

little painted flower, they used to love so much in the 15th century
little painted flower, they used to love so much

silver florin, miss Amante let her painted lips
be kissed even by the wind

It's springtime
maidens and flowers, eternal triumph of youth

Wanted Man
J-Cash & B-Dylan

Elisa:
Pizzica (in Salentino)

Aremu Rindineddhra (in Griko)

My America (in American)

Just talking about it on another thread...Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard...Simon and Garfunkel.

I was there that night...a fabulous night of music!

Corona is an area in Queens, New York City, once very Italian and German (great Italian restaurant still there), but already by the time Paul Simon wrote this song heavily Hispanic. Unfortunately, the Coronavirus has hit it very hard indeed.

Bridge Over Troubled Waters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcwRt6J32o

@Angela I have the CD of the concert :)

@Torzio the surname of the singer Elisa is Toffoli and she’s from Trieste, ... just in case ...
in my last post above She sings in English (My America), in Salentino, in Griko, and below in Italian:

Ancora Quì - Elisa (Toffoli) - by Ennio Morricone

Song Featured in DJANGO Unchained by Quentin Tarantino

Last edited:
@Angela I have the CD of the concert :)

@Torzio the surname of the singer Elisa is Toffoli and she’s from Trieste, ... just in case ...
in my last post above She sings in English (My America), in Salentino, in Griko, and below in Italian:

Ancora Quì - Elisa (Toffoli) - by Ennio Morricone

Song Featured in DJANGO Unchained by Quentin Tarantino

thanks ....much Appreciated

Interesting..........one my grandfather brother's daughter ( he had 9 children ) married a Cornelio Toffolo from Paese Veneto..............I wonder if it is a just a name ending.......olo is Veneto , unsure of Trieste

thanks ....much Appreciated

Interesting..........one my grandfather brother's daughter ( he had 9 children ) married a Cornelio Toffolo from Paese Veneto..............I wonder if it is a just a name ending.......olo is Veneto , unsure of Trieste
The current president of Brazilian Supreme Court has also the family name Toffoli. Not sure, but I believe it's from (or not far from) that area around Sacile-PN. The Y-DNA associated would be R-L2 (out of curiosity), based on a match.

The current president of Brazilian Supreme Court has also the family name Toffoli. Not sure, but I believe it's from (or not far from) that area around Sacile-PN. The Y-DNA associated would be R-L2 (out of curiosity), based on a match.

thanks

do not know about R1b lines................even though I have a detailed ydna of my mothers paternal line as per my post

Bel canto

Madre, addio - from Semiramide, by Gioachino Rossini

Great duet for contralto and soprano.

Alternatively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUH1SLJyFlk (not so good interpretation though)

thanks
do not know about R1b lines................even though I have a detailed ydna of my mothers paternal line as per my post
I just confirmed. He does inform Sacile-PN as his paternal grandfather's location, and he's R-L2. He's related to another Toffoli who informs Udine-UD as paternal grandfather's birthplace. It seems possible that these Toffoli from Trieste were from Sacile originally. Coincidently, I do have a "cousin" (different family) from Sacile who settled Gorizia, but IIRC his father was from Oderzo-TV.

Ed: Just checked. The current president of Brazilian Supreme Court descends from Giovanni Battista Toffoli and Catterina Pellegrinet, from Cordignano-TV, which is close to Sacile-PN.

Madre, addio - from Semiramide, by Gioachino Rossini

Great duet for contralto and soprano.

Alternatively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUH1SLJyFlk (not so good interpretation though)

I just confirmed. He does inform Sacile-PN as his paternal grandfather's location, and he's R-L2. He's related to another Toffoli who informs Udine-UD as paternal grandfather's birthplace. It seems possible that these Toffoli from Trieste were from Sacile originally. Coincidently, I do have a "cousin" (different family) from Sacile who settled Gorizia, but IIRC his father was from Oderzo-TV.

Ed: Just checked. The current president of Brazilian Supreme Court descends from Giovanni Battista Toffoli and Catterina Pellegrinet, from Cordignano-TV, which is close to Sacile-PN.

thanks
Pellegrin is typical veneto , et ending might by due to a second or further son

Oderzo near the veneto friuli border ..............the ancient border town shared by the Venetic and Illyrian people .........its old name means marketplace

16 Tons

... Saint Peter don’t you call me ‘cause I can’t go, ...

16 Tons

... Saint Peter don’t you call me ‘cause I can’t go, ...

Great old song.

All our focus has been on the disease and surviving it, but even if we do, what will the "new normal" look like. Unemployment claims are at Great Depression levels. What will our homes be worth? What kind of jobs will be left for lots of people who have been made redundant. For now, the small business grant will keep my husband's employees paid, and the rent paid, but for how long can the government do that, and how will it change America to become so dependent on government?

I don't want to think about it.

Certainly didn't see this coming on New Year's Day...

This thread has been viewed 1189464 times.

Back