Or better Poseidon's month?

poseidon.jpg

Anthem of the Griko:
(in English)

... and the original in Griko:

Saint Nikolas day,

Or better Poseidon's month?

poseidon.jpg

A lot of people think Saint Nicholas (Santa Claus) lives at the North Pole, ... but he’s actually in Bari (Puglia), lol ... true ...

Every Christmas children send letters to the wrong address, and as they get older, they get angrier and angrier ... :LOL:

Lie to Me: Chris Isaaks

Anthem of the Griko:
(in English)

... and the original in Griko:

Are you sure about first video,
Its seems Bollywwod production to me,
only the maharajia and the elephant are missing.

Are you sure about first video,
Its seems Bollywwod production to me,
only the maharajia and the elephant are missing.

... beggars can’t be choosers :grin:

... not too many renditions of this song in English :)

Amazing Grace: incredible arrangement and performance by Pentatonix. In addition to their marvelous voices and hard work, they're great actors. Two of them are not religious at all, but you'd never know it.

For those who don't know: the song was written by someone involved in the slave trade in the 1800s who found God and repented. It makes the line about "My chains are gone; I've been set free" even more poignant.

It's a much beloved American song, and this group does it more than justice. It's on their new Christmas album. Who would believe there are no instruments other than their voices? You really should listen with earphones and wait for the crescendo.

What a horrible Christmas this will be with no concerts. The worst for me personally is that I will miss the Hallelujah Chorus for the first time in 20 years.

Little Drummer Boy: Pentatonix. This may be one of their Grammy winning ones. Wear EARPHONES and wait for the crescendo!

The human voice is a miraculous tool. It can even substitute for instruments. Also, what a range Avi Kaplan has: from tenor to basso profondo, and the sweetest sound. What a gift.

ce la vie
(edit..) c’est la vie
:giggle:

ce la vie
(edit..) c’est la vie
:giggle:

Have you seen Van Zandt's "Lilyhammer" on Netflix? I think the first series, anyway, is extremely funny.

Have you seen Van Zandt's "Lilyhammer" on Netflix? I think the first series, anyway, is extremely funny.

I haven’t seen it yet but I will check it out :)

Just saw the film "1917" last night. What a great use they made of this old American classic. Why have I never heard of Jos Slovick before; gorgeous voice.

Always a little blue at Christmas but last night I got such a treat in this new community. All of a sudden I heard honking horns, sirens, and the blaring sounds of "Jingle Bells", created by more than 10 incredibly decorated and lighted fire engines, on the last of which sat Santa in a blaze of light, all preceded and succeeded by decorated police SUVs. They went very slowly so people had time to come out on our front porches. I was laughing and full of joy, as if I were a child again. It was so wonderful.

DSC_0226.jpg

Mi devo muovere
(I gotta move, ... bitten)
Jovanotti ...

From the heart of my "square" on the genetic map: Corale Verdi di Parma (a section of it) singing a song in Pramzan, the local dialect. Be aware not all the members may actually be Pramzan; they've had a Chinese member for years. :)

Another dialect one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j6frKwCIM4

This thread has been viewed 1193832 times.

Back