What music are you listening to?

Metallica - Brazilian Tour 2022

Belo Horizonte - Fade to Black

São Paulo - From Whom the Bell Tolls

Curitiba- Whiskey in Jar

Porto Alegre - Blackened

How nice to find another Metallica fan. :)

How nice to find another Metallica fan. :)

I really like Metallica Angela. In the show on May 17, 2022 in BH I was there with my son. My wife and my son's girlfriend didn't go because they prefer softer music. But my son and I are huge Metallica fans. It was a beautiful show. The metal band Greta Van Fleet, also from the USA and which makes a sound inspired by Led Zeppelin, performed before Metallica. They are very young and very good. They did a sort of sound check for Metallica. A kind of tasting for the main show.

That's typical. None of my girlfriends growing up liked that kind of music. To be fair, Metallica is probably the only metal band I like, but I did and do love not only classic rock, but hard rock, and southern rock, along with old time rhythm and blues. While I listened to that, they were listening to groups like Chicago. No offense to Chicago fans, but "YUCK"! I also really like action films and sci fi, which left most of my girl friends cold. My favorite series for years was the Dune Chronicles, which they've ruined, but that's for another day. The boys liked it that I shared some of their interests, though. :)

Musical taste wasn't the only way in which I differed from girls my age. As a little girl, I couldn't stand playing "house" and baby doll. I wanted to be a pirate or the friend of the Count of Monte Cristo, or an explorer or maybe a female spy or resistance fighter during World War II. All the stories I heard from my family made a huge impression on me. I would call my mom and ask to go home from "play dates" because I was bored. I preferred my books, fiction and non-fiction and our family stories.

Biology hi-jacked me, though. Puberty led to boys, and the make-up and dress sense I thought were needed to attract them, and when my children were born, I became the most obsessed mother on the planet, much more so than those friends who had been more "traditional" in their interests.

At the other end of the spectrum, but I've loved her for decades, although not as much as Linda Ronstadt. :)

Joey Ramone died 22 years ago, on April 15th. Listening to the Ramones the last few days.

Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble gum
The sun is out and I want some
It's not hard, not far to reach
We can hitch a ride to Rockaway Beach ...

I grew up with the Ramones, the Clash, the Sex Pistols, ACDC, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Pink Floyd. But I also love classical music, and this love began when I watched Wagner's opera Der Ring des Nibelungen on television many years ago, broadcast during several days. I love Wagner, but in musical terms nothing beats Bach's St Matthew Passion for me. It is the supreme work of music. And on youtube there is an excellent version performed by the Netherlands Bach Society. When I feel down and need to concentrate and lift my spirit, this is the music I listen to.

Psalm 71.
the psalm-pray of the Kimg (written by David)

the difference
in Greek Christian chant is Lord (asking-begging-demand) save the King. 'Κυριε Σωσον τον Βασιλεα'

I'm in a calmer vibe than Jovialis, I'm listening to celtic, neo-medieval Portuguese music.

New Order came to Portugal this month to play at a festival in the north of the country. I saw the news and remembered the countless times I heard their songs and watched their videos in the 80's.

This thread has been viewed 1189332 times.

Back