What music are you listening to?

I'm sending out good thoughts...

I fan girl them, especially Austin (the angelic looking blonde tenor). I would want him for my brother, son, son-in-law, anything. Sweetness personified, so of course, he's been dumped. What a world.

Those were the days, my friend.

I remember being shocked when I first heard this song that it was put out by a British singer; it sounds so completely Central or Eastern European to me. I've always liked it, but then I like nostalgia.

Saint Vito Pizzica
... after the Town San Vito dei Normanni (Salento), ... of the Normans, that is ...

It's all over, we're 20 years old again and it's the weekend

Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the new-born King!
Peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled."
Joyful, all ye nations, rise,
Join the triumph of the skies;
With th' angelic host proclaim,
"Christ is born in Bethlehem."
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the new-born King!

We put up our tree and decorated just last week.

Good grief! I haven't even finished unpacking, and the few things I've found are the wreathe...

fa593afc51070d03cb2f7b3630d71f93.jpg

A flag and my old cornucopia filled with gourds from the farm stand and some fruit I change day to day and I'm done.

thanksgiving-4.jpg

What I'm going to do about Christmas I have no idea. I'm going to be really upset if my daughter can't drive down; getting depressed already just thinking about it. When is this all going to end?

No proper holidays, no choir practice, no book club, no lunches with my friends, no dinner parties, no concerts, no theaters. It's just horrible.

This is what it's supposed to be like: Ray Romano's family Thanksgiving...chaos, bickering, too much eating, and lots of love. :)

Good grief! I haven't even finished unpacking, and the few things I've found are the wreathe...

fa593afc51070d03cb2f7b3630d71f93.jpg

A flag and my old cornucopia filled with gourds from the farm stand and some fruit I change day to day and I'm done.

thanksgiving-4.jpg

What I'm going to do about Christmas I have no idea. I'm going to be really upset if my daughter can't drive down; getting depressed already just thinking about it. When is this all going to end?

No proper holidays, no choir practice, no book club, no lunches with my friends, no dinner parties, no concerts, no theaters. It's just horrible.

This is what it's supposed to be like: Ray Romano's family Thanksgiving...chaos, bickering, too much eating, and lots of love. :)

We were supposed to go to Florida next month, which is certainly not happening.

17 NOV
Polytechneio day.

this day is choosed to celebrate every anti-junda, every anti-dictatorship, every anti-absolutariant move in Greece.
story has to do with the 2 Jundas 1967-1974.

polytexneio%201973%201.jpg

songs from 1974 <<one swallow bird>>

at the end people yell 'Give Junda to the people'

much later,
every party wanted to provide that they did organise a revolt, Every party wanted to claim the Glory of the people,
in the video, Communists Marxist vs Anarchists, vs Che radical leftish, fight for the glory of Polytechneio Junda resist., (some consider it even as anti-Capitalistic celebration)
even a terrorist political organisation was named after this day. '17 NOE'
When messages pass wrong to the masses by politicians, who want steal the glory and build carreers upon the strugle of others.

-We are the people we resist
-No we are the people, we did it
-No the people is us, you are the Hoax
ATTACK ....

Don't You Need Somebody To Love: Live at Woodstock

I would have absolutely hated it there, but what music!

I saw Josh Groban at MSG, it was excellent.

He's a great singer and it's a song everyone wants to hear at holiday concerts; one of my favorites to sing as well as hear. I always thought it was best for a high tenor or soprano, but he gives it a different quality.

If you're going to listen to it sung in a high register, nobody better than these two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7uiqRCW6I8

I'm noticing Christmas music popping up all over my feed earlier than I remember; a sign of the times, perhaps.

My current favorite cover of this beautiful old song, Use earphones even if it has to be your everyday ones, or you miss half the glory of what's going on.

244 million views and counting....

Carpe Noctem

Last edited:
Well my area is a kind of half province,
the head, the center of wider area is Thessaloniki city,

And These days Thessaloniki has its bad times,
since center of a 'growded' educational center and University, with many huge hospitals and traditionally a strong medical center,
city has become the Covid-19 heavy stroke patiens gathering place, due to many hospital beds and specialization.
having your people on another city, with Lock down, and curfew, etc, is a bad situation, an ugly dream to be the hero

part of Lyrics

I am looking for you
I am looking for you in Thessaloniki in the dawn
Your glance is missing from dawn's colours
I am looking for you
I am looking for you with a violin and a moon
Dream, you and fiddle stick are missing

Since an empress's fate sowed me
An ancient Macedonian womb born me
I fight with an empty quiver during the winter
From the castle until the heart of Platamonas

Since on Olympus gods decided about it
They give the keys to cold and they commit suicide
Day is waking up and sleeping alone now
With a motorbike, a computer and a fife

the castle of Platamon
maxresdefault.jpg

"You can have everything in the world and still be the loneliest man." (Farrokh Bulsara aka Freddie Mercury)

Rock this Country
(Shania Twain)

Rock this Country
(Shania Twain)

I've always liked Shania Twain (Canadian or not, I think she should be an honorary American), and I like the song. :) It. like country more and more.

I don't know if you were thinking of it, but she's a perfect illustration of the point of the song Stuvane posted.

She had a harsh, difficult, childhood; through talent and sheer grit and hard work she dragged herself and her siblings out of dire poverty; had massive success, fame and riches, and thought she had the marriage of her dreams, only to wind up alone because the bastard had an affair with her nanny and good friend. If it were me, anger and bitterness would consume me, and you could add in depression too, all of which I do think she has suffered.

Money indeed doesn't protect you from heartbreak, although I suppose it's a little easier to bear if you don't have to worry about a roof over your head and food for the table.

I've always liked Shania Twain (Canadian or not, I think she should be an honorary American), and I like the song. :) It. like country more and more.

I don't know if you were thinking of it, but she's a perfect illustration of the point of the song Stuvane posted.

She had a harsh, difficult, childhood; through talent and sheer grit and hard work she dragged herself and her siblings out of dire poverty; had massive success, fame and riches, and thought she had the marriage of her dreams, only to wind up alone because the bastard had an affair with her nanny and good friend. If it were me, anger and bitterness would consume me, and you could add in depression too, all of which I do think she has suffered.

Money indeed doesn't protect you from heartbreak, although I suppose it's a little easier to bear if you don't have to worry about a roof over your head and food for the table.

... I guess money gives only 95% happiness, ... I’m around 75%, ... I wouldn’t mind being a little happier :)

Aretha Franklin: THINK

Dancin' Chris Isaak...hypnotic and gorgeous...

This thread has been viewed 1189264 times.

Back