What music are you listening to?

The Country Road that brought me home, in Brindisi goes through the Via Appia and via Traiana.

I’ll soon come back again in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, but not yet.

(... got net connection issues, ... :) )

My Rental :grin:

mfjC9ae.jpg

A cooler night after a third heatwave this year listening to polish Zbigniew Preisner on terrace....awesome

A beloved song since I was a child.
I could listen to it a few million times until the stereo system burns out

Wanted Man -
Live @ San Quentin (State Prison)

Get Rythm
J. Phoenix vs J. Cash

Get Rythm
J. Phoenix vs J. Cash

One of the great all time performances, imo. A lot of people thought he was just lip syncing. I don't think he got enough credit.

I love them both.

Chuck Berry, Linda Ronstadt, Keith Richards
Back in the USA

Being almost 300 years old and not feeling it.
JSB forever

Being almost 300 years old and not feeling it.
JSB forever

Just what I needed this morning. My passion for Baroque music continues unabated. I have no idea why, but it seems to balance my brain, my emotions.

Just what I needed this morning. My passion for Baroque music continues unabated. I have no idea why, but it seems to balance my brain, my emotions.

eheh... Angela, you're not alone :)

However the phenomenon has been studied and there are those who hypothesize that in many famous classical musical compositions, a constant called "1 / f fluctuation", also known as fractal of Mandelbrot, can be found. If I have not misunderstood, in music it means that the rhythmic, harmonic, melodic and generally compositional structure of a piece moves in a balanced way between a spectrum of predictability and surprise.
Here is an article about it (in Italian)

http://www.lescienze.it/news/2012/02/20/news/segreto_ritmo_musica_frattale-862617/

This thread has been viewed 1189621 times.

Back