What music are you listening to?

Borodin: Polovtsian Dances

Great!

With Chorus: https://youtu.be/aGNObWgU2Qw

I always loved this, and the opera Prince Igor from which they came! And . . . the musical Kismet which uses these themes. I am, slowly, trying to learn to play the piano (at an advanced age) and my current favorite piece are these dances!

This just came across my youtube feed.

Sentiment and pathos aren't restricted to Southern Europe. This is the best rendition of "Danny Boy" I've ever heard, and I've heard dozens of people perform it. It really got to me.

Judith Durham with her beautiful, unique, soprano really nails it. Brividi, especially toward the end.

personal Jesus

??????

About 12 minutes of pure beauty

The most heart-shaking, passionate, song about Mary I've ever heard, sung by a Corsican group that works with Christina Pluhar. The journey that starts in the manger ends at the cross.

I've included the translated lyrics, although you don't need them; the music, the voice, and the singer are enough.

x2dvOe2.png

Who has never heard or hummed it?

The most heart-shaking, passionate, song about Mary I've ever heard, sung by a Corsican group that works with Christina Pluhar. The journey that starts in the manger ends at the cross.

I've included the translated lyrics, although you don't need them; the music, the voice, and the singer are enough.

x2dvOe2.png

Wonderful. It has the archaic charm of some late-medieval or Renaissance compositions

Wonderful. It has the archaic charm of some late-medieval or Renaissance compositions

Alas, no, I don't think I ever heard that Roxette song.

I love Pluhar's work, and I adore this guy. Saw them perform in New York, and they were riveting.

Pure Gold.

"The Piano (and Cello) Guys: Angels We Have Heard on High. I love singing this one.

Caro Gesù Bambino

Last edited:
Let there be Rock

Merry Christmas Baby
Sheryl Crow & Eric Clapton

Thank God it’s ... xmas - Queen

What great posts, guys. :)

Thank-you.

Salento, as much as I love Queen, I'd forgotten about their Christmas song. That Sheryl Crow and Eric Clapton one is just FABULOUS! That's going on the Christmas play list. :)

Jovialis, I love him, and that's one of the best O Holy Night's I've ever heard. I'm officially jealous. :)

Tomorrow night is the Messiah Sing Along, though, and Christmas is getting a bit away from me this year, so I had to pass. I've just washed my hands, but the rest of me is covered in flour, sugar and butter. :)

I wish they'd spread out all these wonderful performances throughout all of December and especially January. The latter is so dreary.

Good pop singer but he has to avoid opera because he can't, he has a very thin voice, maybe he can do some leggiero tenors roles (though he hasn't the practice), he surely can't do lyric tenor arias properly or heavier parts.

Are you sure you're not just t-rolling?

After all this is what you said about the Effiel Tower, earlier today:

Horrendous monument. And I've visited it.

This thread has been viewed 1187659 times.

Back