What music are you listening to?

If ever the famous Big Bang from which everything originated had needed music to accompany it, it probably would have been such a stunning piece.

Mendelssohn rocks

... Voci Libere di Ambra Falco, al Teatro Toselli di Cuneo
Ly o Lay Ale Loya

Ly o Lay Ale Loya

LlyROw4.jpg

If ever the famous Big Bang from which everything originated had needed music to accompany it, it probably would have been such a stunning piece.

Mendelssohn rocks

Thanks. I really like Mendelssohn. What a travesty that he wasn't played in Germany for decades.

What country is this?

Translation in English

In the slums, in the Senate
Dirt in every corner
Nobody respects the Constitution
But everybody believes in the nation's future
What country is this?
What country is this?
What country is this?
In the Amazonas, in the Araguaia, in the Baixada Fluminense
In Mato grosso, in Minas Gerais and in the Northeast it's just peace
In death I rest but the blood runs loose

Staining the papers, faithful documents
For the boss's rest
What country is this?
What country is this?
What country is this?
What country is this?

It's anything but Third World

A joke overseas
But Brazil will get rich
We'll bill a million
When we sell all the souls
Of our natives in an auction
What country is this?
What country is this?
What country is this?
What country is this?

• Written by:
  • RENATO MANFREDINI JUNIOR

Last update onFebruary 19, 2019

Original Lyrics

Nas favelas, no senado
Sujeira
pra todo lado
Ninguém
respeita a constituição
Mas todos acreditam no futuro da nação
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
No Amazonas, no Araguaia, na Baixada fluminense
No Mato grosso, Minas Gerais e no Nordeste tudo em paz
Na morte eu descanso mas o sangue anda solto

Manchando os papéis, documentos fiéis

Ao descanso do patrão

Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?

Terceiro Mundo se for

Piada no exterior
Mas
o Brasil vai ficar rico
Vamos faturar um milhão

Quando vendermos todas as almas
Dos nossos índios num leilão
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?
Que país é esse?

Thanks. I really like Mendelssohn. What a travesty that he wasn't played in Germany for decades.

@Angela, surely the fact of being of Jewish origin weighed, but also a certain useless and gratuitous criticism towards him, accused of being substantially a conservative, an author little innovative or even superficial in comparison with his other contemporaries of age romantic.
In reality he has had so many merits, including being the most important rediscoverer of Bach and reconciling the baroque / classical musical forms with the new romantic language.
You can enjoy a refinement and delicacy in his compositions - real bijoux - which is difficult to find in other authors. Thus he himself declared:

"People often complain that music is too ambiguous, that what they should think when they hear it is so unclear, whereas everyone understands words. With me, it is exactly the opposite, and not only with regard to an entire speech but also with individual words. These, too, seem to me so ambiguous, so vague, so easily misunderstood in comparison to genuine music, which fills the soul with a thousand things better than words. The thoughts which are expressed to me by music that I love are not too indefinite to be put into words, but on the contrary, too definite."

I can only agree :)

@Angela, surely the fact of being of Jewish origin weighed, but also a certain useless and gratuitous criticism towards him, accused of being substantially a conservative, an author little innovative or even superficial in comparison with his other contemporaries of age romantic.
In reality he has had so many merits, including being the most important rediscoverer of Bach and reconciling the baroque / classical musical forms with the new romantic language.
You can enjoy a refinement and delicacy in his compositions - real bijoux - which is difficult to find in other authors. Thus he himself declared:

"People often complain that music is too ambiguous, that what they should think when they hear it is so unclear, whereas everyone understands words. With me, it is exactly the opposite, and not only with regard to an entire speech but also with individual words. These, too, seem to me so ambiguous, so vague, so easily misunderstood in comparison to genuine music, which fills the soul with a thousand things better than words. The thoughts which are expressed to me by music that I love are not too indefinite to be put into words, but on the contrary, too definite."

I can only agree :)

Hence why I like his music so much, more than many of the "Romantic" composers.

I'm sure what you're saying is true in a general sense outside of Nazi Germany, but he, like other Jewish composers, and like Jewish artists, was banned, not just criticized, and it was indeed because he was Jewish.

Such stupidity. Music, the visual arts, literature, as well as science, have no "race" or "ethnicity"; they are the flowering of human genius and should only be celebrated.

When the Jewish orchestra at Theresienstadt wanted to convey their horror and grief at what was happening to them and to their compatriots all over Europe they chose Verdi's Requiem.

The theatrical trailer from the documentary called: The Defiant Requiem:

Starving, abused, terrified people found a voice, comfort, and strength in the music of an Italian Catholic. That's what the arts are all about. It's heartbreaking and inspirational all at the same time.

Vinne de Roma
(Came from Rome)
Puglia NDT 2019

Gosh, I love Southern Rock...it's that bluesy, soul sound that seeps in that does it.

in Hell I’ll be in good company

I was listening to soul most of last night. Has there ever been better dance music for lovers? Compared to this a lot of today's music is just garbage imo. No romance, no deep sensuality, often marred by disrespect and violence.

The great Sam Cooke, one of my absolute favorites:

Bring it on home to me...

Nothing Can Change This Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TkNgdUH8w&list=RDEMF4GrU5acP7awpjjz-lkg9g&index=4

AZZURRO

Well, he's learned to spell it at last. :)

A Little Girl Gives A Coin To A Street Musician And Gets The Best Surprise In Return.

Coal Train

... riding with Private Malone

This thread has been viewed 1189406 times.

Back