What music are you listening to?

Thanks. Fantastic cover made by GoetheTheGiant. Led Zeppelin is amazing ;)

"Seems that the wrath of the Gods
Got a punch on the nose and it started to flow
I think I might be sinking

Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I'll meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high"

Love Plant's voice on that part of the song 1:40 - 2:00. Goosebumps worthy.

:shocked: :shocked: :ghost:

:lovely:

:smash: :smash:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I give up. :41:

Hey Duarte: Listening to the best of the Midnight Special from the year 1973. Anybody American kid growing up in the 70's, assuming their parents would let them stay up!, stayed up to watch great live music come into their home on Friday night. I have been kicking back working on a Final exam (not for me!) and listening to great 70's music and getting panicked emails from my students. I am going to try to be nice, best I can, and tell them what not worry about for the Final as it is a Comprehensive Final exam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6bjDQ6qXYk&list=PLsovwGTkCM552bfuCr5GOj-BFOqZ_sXb8

Cheers Man, always good catching up with you. Stay safe!

Hey Duarte: Listening to the best of the Midnight Special from the year 1973. Anybody American kid growing up in the 70's, assuming their parents would let them stay up!, stayed up to watch great live music come into their home on Friday night. I have been kicking back working on a Final exam (not for me!) and listening to great 70's music and getting panicked emails from my students. I am going to try to be nice, best I can, and tell them what not worry about for the Final as it is a Comprehensive Final exam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6bjDQ6qXYk&list=PLsovwGTkCM552bfuCr5GOj-BFOqZ_sXb8

Cheers Man, always good catching up with you. Stay safe!

WOW Trapani. Good morning dear friend. Very cool. Great music stars. A great show to watch in this quarantine and remember that good music is never forgotten. Thank you for sharing this great moment in American music.
Unforgettable.(y):)

WOW Trapani. Good morning dear friend. Very cool. Great music stars. A great show to watch in this quarantine and remember that good music is never forgotten. Thank you for sharing this great moment in American music.

Duarte: Yes, there are several best of each year on youtube. While those "best of" are good, those are someone's opinion. You can type in an artist and get individual performances of just about any major artist from the 70's. One of my favorite was when I was a teenager, Blondie came on with a "blue like miniskirt" and sang heart of glass with a break to give a speech about Nuclear war!. I wasn't that interested in her Nuclear war speech, for the record, but everything else about her performance was WOW:grin:.

Some Australian and UK acts would appear as well, Olivia Newton and the Bee Gees. ELO was on there lots as well.

Wife is yelling at me to come watch Sunday Mass, gotta go:)

Last edited:
Heart...Never

Thanks Duarte: Here is a Compilation of Million Seller songs and the artist who did them. The Blondie "Heart of Glass" with the Blue Mini is in there!!. Also, Cass Elliot and John Denver do a great duo together. All great songs and great performances. Playing this now, got a few more problems for my exam. My students are going to think I am going easy on them, maybe!, as I am in a good mood writing the exam now. Cheers and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5_YRuGvCI

Thanks Duarte: Here is a Compilation of Million Seller songs and the artist who did them. The Blondie "Heart of Glass" with the Blue Mini is in there!!. Also, Cass Elliot and John Denver do a great duo together. All great songs and great performances. Playing this now, got a few more problems for my exam. My students are going to think I am going easy on them, maybe!, as I am in a good mood writing the exam now. Cheers and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5_YRuGvCI

Thank you for sharing, Trapani.
Health to you and your students also. You have all my admiration. Were it not for all the teachers who have passed through my life, starting with my mother who was a teacher, I would be nobody in this world. Good job, master. Luck and success for your students. (y):)

Thank you for sharing, Trapani.
Health to you and your students also. You have all my admiration. Were it not for all the teachers who have passed through my life, starting with my mother who was a teacher, I would be nobody in this world. Good job, master. Luck and success for your students. (y):)

Same to you and our family. My mother was a school teacher as well!, decided to retire a few weeks ago. She is in her mid 70's and was going back another year but with COVID-19 decided not to chance being in a class room next fall. My wife is a School teacher as well, she teaches Science, she says I get my Science knowledge because I married her!. I have been doing my best, been doing my classes in Zoom and doing Q&A sessions for exams. Going to do one next week for them. Of course, they have to ask questions, but they have been doing a good job.

Cheers.

Saturday

- I do this, I do that
- come on, it's still early, turn on the TV
- well, maybe a snack
- I'm on Twitter for a moment
- Sunday

(quoted)

Saturday

- I do this, I do that
- come on, it's still early, turn on the TV
- well, maybe a snack
- I'm on Twitter for a moment
- Sunday

(quoted)

Ah, poor Adriano.

I never found Saturdays so annoying, but then I never was "hung over" from various indulgences, or had anything to "repent". :)

Saturdays were annoying in other ways, of course, but because there was too much to do, not too little, whether I liked it or not: food shopping, errands, and cleaning that couldn't get done Monday-Friday because I was working, and, of course, endless children's sports activities or concerts. The absolute worst was swim practice or meets with my daughter. Sometimes we had to leave at 5:30 in the morning. Sundays were activities again, and massive amounts of cooking for the week ahead.

It wasn't all work, of course, so I don't mean to come off as "woe is me". :) We did go out almost all Saturday nights, and some Friday nights, either alone or with friends, or I hosted dinners at our house, or there was a dinner dance at the club. We had a lot of fun all those years. More than one Saturday night I still closed down a Croatian restaurant that became an old fashioned dance hall after 11PM, playing all Italian songs from the pre-WWII years. One night I kept the party going after 2AM by playing the juke box, and when we went home we saw the Manhattan skyline emerge in the dawn. Of course, I don't drink more than a glass of wine or one cocktail, and all the dancing anywhere was done under my husband's eyes. :)

In retrospect I'd also love to be going to those children's activities again. It was so "pure".

I guess I didn't need a lot of sleep then. :)

You know, I never was much of a Celentano fan, but with you and Salento posting his songs, I'm undergoing a conversion. He was funny and very, very, charming.

Not funny or charming, but very sad, here's an American song about the morning after.

Sunday Morning Coming Down:

One of my favorite female singers no matter what she sings: About Mondays. :)

Black Coffee: k.d.lang. I think she's as good a blues singer as any of the greats of the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Gba61V2nQ

Bye bye Florian Schneider

This thread has been viewed 1192691 times.

Back