What music are you listening to?

Was listening to a very beautiful (and difficult) aria of Griselda (1735), by Antonio Vivaldi: Agitated by two wings.

https://journalofmusic.com/news/its...as-its-challenges-emma-morwood-arias-griselda

"(...) Like the violin concertos, the opera too has exciting writing for strings, but there’s one surprise: he expects the singers to do what a violin does.
‘It’s very challenging,’ soprano Emma Morwood told the Journal of Music. ‘It challenges all of the singers… it is slightly violinistic… with the repeated notes and the range that’s required.’ Morwood, from Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland but now based in Edinburgh, has the role of Costanza and has the most famous aria from the opera, ‘Agitata da due venti’ (‘Agitated by two winds’), which is also one of the most difficult. (...)
'The work requires runs of semi-quavers and dozens of repeated notes, as well as a range going from the G below middle C right up to a high B-flat. The key to learning it, says Morwood, was to give it time.I’ve been working on these arias for quite a long time… It’s getting it into your body… You need to get the muscular memory and the strength. (...)"

Amazing performance of Cecilia Bartoli:

One of Maneskin's metal like songs, with English subtitles on screen. Not my favorite, but a good FIGHTING song. Oh, if cursing bothers you, don't watch.

(Btw, their cover of "Beggin", completely transformed, is number 1 globally on Spotify, and "I wanna be your slave" is number 8. Both songs are scorching the charts in most of Europe. I understand it, since they're both in English, but their Italian songs are so much better. Damiano is a genius lyricist, as well as having a phenomenal voice and incredible stage charisma.)

Another one for this Euro Cup season and all the haters out there. (English subtitles on screen.)

Prisencolinensinainciusol

:unsure: RIP Raffaella 💐

Do it Do it AGAIN ⚽ :grin:

Loving You

[h=1] Tribal Seeds - Blood Clot[/h]
We want no more of that.

Terra 🕷️

Wind of Connaught

Terra ������️

Wind of Connaught

OMG, a Pizzica with no sun, no warmth. I feel as if the world turned upside down. :)

OMG, a Pizzica with no sun, no warmth. I feel as if the world turned upside down. :)

… way less stiff than the Irish Gaelic dances, … Pizzica on :)

… way less stiff than the Irish Gaelic dances, … Pizzica on :)

Absolutely!

I guess they can always try to imagine they're in the Salento on vacation with Biagio Antonacci! :)

RIP Dusty Hill

Duarte: Good one, I was wondering if there were any ZZ Top fans here. Saw them live in the 1980's. Lots of band members that I grew up with in the 1970's are passing on or already have.

For anyone here from Chicago, remember Jesus just left Chicago and He's bound for New Orleans. Although when he got there, might not have stayed to long either LOL.

Just kidding, both historical and interesting cities.

Cheers Duarte

Duarte: Good one, I was wondering if there were any ZZ Top fans here. Saw them live in the 1980's. Lots of band members that I grew up with in the 1970's are passing on or already have.

For anyone here from Chicago, remember Jesus just left Chicago and He's bound for New Orleans. Although when he got there, might not have stayed to long either LOL.

Just kidding, both historical and interesting cities.

Cheers Duarte

Hello Trapani. In Orlando, at Universal Studios Park, my son and I rode the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster listening a soundtrack of ZZ Top. Me and my son are big fans of the band.
Cheers PTrapani(y)

ooRcVjOn0F4

Duarte: You are exposing your son to great music. My view, and that is all it is, nothing matches the 1970's in terms of quality of bands in all genre of music.

Duarte: You are exposing your son to great music. My view, and that is all it is, nothing matches the 1970's in terms of quality of bands in all genre of music.

Amen to that, although maybe we'll have a rock revival. :)

Angela: I view lots of music from the 1970's on youtube and I notice in comments that many people in their 20's and 30's, instinctively and immediately realize the the depth of the lyrics, the ability to play instruments and the fact that those bands or solo acts, could actually sing.

This thread has been viewed 1189443 times.

Back