Politics Balkanian disagreements.

Why are wa talking about Slavic languages? What's the point of that? Where are you going with it?
Are you joking here or you really don't understand my question?! You're really starting to convince me that Albanians don't understand IE syntax's logic.

Post #477 contains maps that present continuity for the last 100 years. Congratulations! Is that what you're trying to convince me? That Albanians have been on Balkans only 100-200 years?

I' don't understand what you're talking about. What is wrong with you ppl....
I posted this for you
to understand that all language go through changes an shifts.You are asking me if my language has changed because you belive albanians are not the albanians of medievil times,
Witch i may add is typical serbian propaganda,I do understand you question continuity of albanian language since not all albanians left for greece an italia.I think it is you who doesnt understand my answers.albanian language went through changes from nearly been romance to present.

Of course i have read your post #435. I've read almost all posts that have to do with Albania and Albanians in this forum in the past 3 years.And almost 90% of your post is against the Albanians.
In the map are rapresented among others the dialect of arberesh and arvaniti people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbëreshë_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvanites
This people are part of different emigration of Albanians during middle age.
Have you anything unclear? You can ask me whenever you want.
vlla you understand what im trying to say to ike do you not?I dont know how to explain it to him any clear than have.

I posted this for you
to understand that all language go through changes an shifts.You are asking me if my language has changed because you belive albanians are not the albanians of medievil times,

No I'm not asking you that. Never did I asked you that.

Witch i may add is typical serbian propaganda,I do understand you question continuity of albanian language since not all albanians left for greece an italia.I think it is you who doesnt understand my answers.albanian language went through changes from nearly been romance to present.

Dude, once again, stop speaking about changes in the lanaguge! You still haven't presented any proof that Skanderbeg in fact knew any language similar to Shqiptar. Nor Dimitri Progoni, nor Peter Losha, nor Golem of Kruja, etc... None of the medieval Albanian nobility.

I admit that my posts are usually against political propaganda, but it's not my fault Albanians are leading the way.

We all know that. No point in repeating it, when it has nothing to do with discussion.

Yes. The same question dude, for the 7th time?
You are free to prove that medieval Albanians were in fact of Shqiptar ethnic origin and that they spoke Shiptar language. One simple word, or script, or stone carving, or something? From Dimitri Progon? Or anyone else? Surely Scanderbeg would at least give credits to Shiptar language with one tiny little needlework on the scarf, banner, clothes, etc... if Shqiptar was really his mother tongue.
This is your post 435. And here you call in a derogatory way the albanians, it`s the part undelined.And you can not deny this. The continuity from medieval Albanian to modern Albanian or Shqiptar is confirmed first of all by language. In my post #515 i explained about two medieval albanian diaspora. This people speak the same language with modern Albanians, the Albanian language, in their dialect.
What you want more?

No I'm not asking you that. Never did I asked you that.

Dude, once again, stop speaking about changes in the lanaguge! You still haven't presented any proof that Skanderbeg in fact knew any language similar to Shqiptar. Nor Dimitri Progoni, nor Peter Losha, nor Golem of Kruja, etc... None of the medieval Albanian nobility.
Since you are more clear then that is very hard to decide.We know that lek dukagjinit was gheg region.we know pal Engjelli,wrote my dilect,And he was close to scanderbeg. we know Gjon Buzuku was gheg albanian because of his writing.This would mean scanderbeg knew to speak my dilect,You dont understand ike.gheg is not spoken in greece an italia it is a dilect of own branch an even today. As others say is tosk.But saying this this is the point im trying to tell my southern brothers gheg may have been spoken through out of all albania.gheg is latin base like mine it is latin not greek alphabet.do you research bro i must work since gheg is only spoken in albania then you do you own conclusion.scanderbeg would have spoken gheg albanian.

Last edited:
Since you are more clear then that is very hard to decide.We know that lek dukagjinit was gheg region.we know pal Engjelli,wrote my dilect,And he was close to scanderbeg. we know Gjon Buzuku was gheg albanian because of his writing.This would mean scanderbeg knew to speak my dilect,You dont understand ike.gheg is not spoken in greece an italia it is a dilect of own branch an even today.But saying this this is the point im trying to tell my southern brothers gheg may have been spoken through out of all albania.gheg is latin base like mine it is latin not greek alphabet.do you research bro i must work since gheg is only spoken in albania then you do you own conclusion.scanderbeg would have spoken gheg albanian.

Would have is far way from did, especially when you're trying to pull continuity from Pelasgians, and having trouble with 1200 AD.

Would have is far way from did, especially when you're trying to pull continuity from Pelasgians, and having trouble with 1200 AD.
I Never once said we were plesgian.But if you base thracians to be related to pelsgians then yes without doubt we would be related,As Our language even today suggest we have been in balkans long time,but anyhow no problem,

WARNING: FAKE MAP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_dialects
Original map of Albanian dialects
300px-Albanian_dialects.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albania
Macedonian and some Greek minority groups have sharply criticized Article 20 of the Census law, according to which a $1,000 fine will be imposed on anyone who will declare an ethnicity other than what is stated on his or her birth certificate. This is claimed to be an attempt to intimidate minorities into declaring Albanian ethnicity, according to them the Albanian government has stated that it will jail anyone who does not participate in the census or refuse to declare his or her ethnicity.

Council of Europe: Albania Is A Multiethnic State
The official report on minorities by the Albanian Government says that only 2% of the population in Albania are not [ethnic] Albanians. This information has been presented to the public since the time of the ultra-communist ruler Enver Hoxha.

Last October, Council of Europe's mission visited Albania and formed a Center for Ethnic Research in Tirana. In April 2002, the Center delivered a questionnaire of 33 questions to the Albanian population all over the country.
"The results of this research show that about one million or 35% of the total population in the country are members of minorities. This makes Albania a multiethnic state," said the Director of the Center for Ethnic Research in Tirana, Kimet Fetahu.

According the initial research results, seven minority ethnic groups live in Albania: Macedonians, Greeks, Vlachs, Egyptians, Roma, Serbs and Montenegrins.
The biggest minorities are the Macedonians and the Greeks. The smallest minorities are the Serbs and the Montenegrins. There are 5 organizations of Macedonians in Albania, 2 of the Vlachs, 2 of the Roma, 2 of the Egyptians, 1 of the Greeks and 1 joint organization of the Serbs and Montenegrins.

The minority organizations cooperate poorly with the media, the political parties and NGOs in Albania. A large degree of discrimination exists in the education and employment policy of the Albanian Government. These results are expected to be included in the Year Report of the Council of Europe for minorities in Albania at the end of September 2002.

IIRC, Macedonian slavs are genetically linked more with bulgarian slavs than with serbian slavs ...................the logical scenario is these bulgars settled in macedonia around the year 1000AD

View attachment 7460I am talking about indigenous inhabitants, who are important about the history<meaning?Bro i think you need to understand that gheg was the original language of all albanian people.its just much older than of tosk soory you may not agree but is true.we he old latin,,have alot of ancient greek that is abcent in sourthern dilect.we also have the old latin.an as for macedonia yes south western is tosk but most of other places is of gegh an not just from later times but much early.I think you need to except it.This Standard Albanian is based about 80 percent on Tosk dialect forms, reflecting the structure of political power at that time in communist Albania. northern intellectuals having reopened in recent years the possibility of reviving a literary standard for the Gheg dialect. John Scylitzes refers (ca. 1081) to the Arbanites as forming part of the troops assembled in Durrës by Nicephorus Basilacius. It can be assumed that the Albanians began expanding from their mountain homeland in the eleventh and twelfth centuries, initially taking possession of the northern and central coastline and by the thirteenth century spreading southward toward what are now southern Albania and western Macedonia. In the middle of the fourteenth century, they migrated farther south into Greece, initially into Epirus, Thessaly (1320), Acarnania, and Aetolia. By the middle of the fifteenth century, which marks the end of this process of colonization, the Albanians had settled in over half of Greece in such great numbers that in many regions they constituted the majority of the population.both literaryGheg and literary Tosk was used. The communist regime imposed a Tosk-based unified standard with basis in the Korçë speech, in all of Albania. The same standard was adopted by theAlbanians in Yugoslavia, who had until then used theGheg standard. Gheg dialect is necessary for allAlbaniansand Albanologists, as it is clearly the root and the derivative of Albanian words, hence it is not possible that the Tosk dialect is the holder of the Albanian language as it carries all of the features of the Gheg, five nasal sounds, a, e, i, u, y, that the official language has eliminated.he official Language has wiped out a few gheg structures and features, which gheg people continue to use them today. Remember that those who say that gheg is confined to Kosovo, do not know that 70% of Albanian population speaks gheg today. 1) five nasal sounds, a, e, i, u, y, that the official language has eliminated 2) the second future tense. In english we say "I am going to go". In gheg we say "Un kam me shkue". The official language refuses to accept this structure, but 70% of albanians use it every day. And we know that 'I'm going to go' is different from 'I will go'. Well, so it is in Gheg. 3)the Infinitive. English language creates its subjunctive mood by using its infinitive, for example 'to be or not to be'. Gheg language uses its infinitive to form its subjunctive mood too, 'me qen a mos me qen'. But the official standard refuses to accept it. However, 70% albanians use it every day. 4) In addition to the subjunctive mood, the infinitive of Gheg is used also in conditional moods.Then you have this in 1462, une te pagezoj ne emer te atit.ti birit e te shpirtit te shenjte.
pal engjelli
1416 – 1470) was an AlbanianRoman Catholicclergyman, scholar, and Archbishop ofDurrës[3] who in 1462 wrote the first known sentence retrieved so far in Albanian. Pal Engjëlli is reported to have been a friend, co-worker and close counselor of Skanderbeg. As his envoy, he frequently traveled abroad, seeking for aid in the war against theOttoman Empire.Pal is the Northern Albanian version of Paul, and Engjëlli is the Albanian form of angel.The formula was found in a pastoral letter written in Latin by Engjëlli after his visit to the Church of Holy Trinity in Mat. The letter is dated 8 November 1462. The formula was meant to be used by Albanian priests to render the ritual understandable for people ignorant of Latin.The formula is in Geg, and written in Roman script; WHERE IS TOSK?Everything wriiten down in middle ages was gheg not tosk,,macedonia e madh or sa madh gheg,dardania gheg. illyrian word ulqin gheg,mati gheg,durres gheg,shcupi gheg.mal i zi gheg,epirus assimulated ghegs now tosks that adopted the greek alphabet.
Firstly: your map is a bit wrong. The line is a bit further north including the northern region of Lushnja (Divjaka) .

According to encyclopedia Britannica: the split between gheg and tosk happened more than 1000 years ago. According to the linguistic rules a dialect needs centuries to evolve. So at least the split happened 1500 years ago. According to what I elaborated above, the tosk is a separate branch of the Albanian language. Both the tosk and the gheg during the Roman invasion had lost many words, replaced with Latin words. Because we hate communism, it doesn't mean we should deny the history of Albanians. Tosks were part of epirus since the ancient times.

These are Albanians:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alban...ile:Coat_of_arms_of_the_Despotate_of_Arta.jpg

Shqiptars are not Albanians. As, I've already asked you - do you have any evidence that they spoke the same language?

Do you really believe these bull**p sentences you write here?
So what do you have to say about the Austrians I've quoted last time?

Yeah, right :)
I said generally accepted by serious scholars.

Two young guys who trying to calm the waters between the crazy people of Balkans is not something to take serious [emoji6].

Why the words known of illyrian origin fits only with Albanian, not with Hellenic not with serb, nor with other Balkans languages?

You are insulting the forum with your claims. At least you should bring some arguments

Well, let me explain you something, since you are a new "nation" and have to learn a lot of things.
It is accepted by all serious scholars, that Albanians are a paleo-balcanic people. Such is and the Albanian language. The only people that has survived from ancient times are Albanians and Vlachs. But concerning the origin of Aromanian there are still uncertainties. The only language that has survived from ancient times, (apart from Greek, which as we know was the language of the Church and the administration of the ERE), is the Albanian language.

I do not know that the Albanians have any connection with Atlantis.But i agree with all the list of name posted by you. Let me ad an another name, Macedonian. Yes, during during the Middle Ages, frequently in different sources, the Albanians are mentioned as Macedonian.
During the Middle Ages the Albanians are usually identified with the name Macedonian.
For example in the epic poem of Tzanes Koronaios, of 16th century, to honour a Albanian stradioto (mercenary of Venice) writes for example:
image.jpg

"And they were living in Macedonia,
(that is) Arta and Angellokastro, Giannena and Albania"
... for him for example Macedonia,Epiros and Albania were the same.
image.jpg

"And gathered archonts, the Lacedaimonites(the Spartans)
and other good stradioti, Macedonians"
...meaning the Albanian stradioti of Mercurio Bua...
image.jpg

"With a strong power made him a general,
the sir Mercurio commanding four hundred horsemen,
With special Macedonians, who all gave an oath
to be always faithfull to the king, and get killed for him"...

Also during the XVII was in Kingdom of Naples Italy, a famous Regiment, "Il reggimento Real Macedone del Regno di Napoli", "The Real Macedonian regiment of the Kingdom of Naples". This regiment was composed entirely with Albanian soldiers.
And it is normal for people to ask, how is it possible that some Slav want to call themselves Macedonians? One name, Tito.

“It is of no significance that there is no "Macedonian conscience". For example, during the October Revolution of 1917 there was no Belarus. We created it and no one today denies it” Joseph Stalin
Totally agree with your post. I think that the official language of Macedonia should be the Albanian, especially the tosk dialect which could be the closest to the ancient one.
5bb045d1b1036f4fd65b55c6b8184406.jpg

No. You call yourselves Albanians to emulate the continuity between medieval Albanains and yourselves.

Ok for the 5th time - where is the EVIDENCE of that continuity? Return to post #435!
The language

Just a Question to all of us,

Kastrioti origin and homeland,

if Kastrioti was from Mat and Kastrat and Kastrat in Albania, would he be a Geni-tsar?

Genitsars Γενιτσαροι was the blood taxation to Ottoman empire from areas that Turks occupied before 1453 and Mohamet 2,
so was Albania under and the areas that Albanians claim under Ottoman rule at that time?

cause Kastrioti was a Genitsar, meaning his homeland was under ottoman control before 1453 and probably from the times of Beyazit 1

Beyazit 1 took Makedonia (Ematheia and Casturia) at Ottoman control much before, so until 1821, Makedonia gave blood taxation to Ottomans,
Sultan took Gjergj Kastrioti as a hostage when he was a little kid. Genitsar were all the kids who were risen by the ottomans. Their origin was mostly from the Christian areas . I don't see your point here

How can you say this.when infact all the written medievil was in my dilect?remeber my dilect is spoken by 1 group.i showed you righting from 14ctry,15ctry an 16 ctry an all in gheg albanian.I think that is enough prove my friend since my dilect is only spoken by albanians on mainland albania.You think 600yrs of living with italians,greko wont change arbreshe language?you think arbreshe an arbanties is still medievil?haha you out of your mind,infact i dont see arbreshe,arbantie been spoken in medievil times if this is the case then since gheg was the only language documented would mean arbreshe an arbanties spoke gheg,Srry my friend maybe you should ask my southern brothers this question because my dilect was documented AS I SHOWN YOU
Your claim is just nonsense. Whether linguistic nonsense and demographic nonsense. Albanians were not rabbits. Some ghegs in some isolated pockets in highlands of north Albania suddenly spread within just a century throughout the whole epirus and Greece mainland. [emoji23] . It's demographically nonsense.

You must stop this idiotic chant dude. What's wrong with you?

Don't evade the answer. This has got nothing to do with language evolution that happens with all languages. You didn't show anything. Where did you show? What did you show. Why are you making things up?
You need to elaborate something at least. Denying everything you just destroying your reputation

@ Ukaj

3_-Murad_I_map.PNG

as you see Albania is outside of the state of Murad 1,
that makes statistically impossible Kastrioti to become a yenitsar,

the only possible is to come from Makedonia areas, or some around Kossovo-Tettovo?

but is that Mat or Kastrat? I mean are Madhe in the areas of red/pink in the map?
on controversary Makedonian Ημαθεια Kαστορια (Casturia) was under Ottoman empire from Beyazit A,
There are different ways to be under ottomans. Katrioti realm was a vassal principality when Scanderbeg was serving to the Porte. Either other principalities firstly became vassal, and after became part of the empire. It happened either with Roman empire. Gjergj Kastrioti deserted from the ottoman troops when the sultan put other rulers to Kastrioti realm, instead of his family. He came back to kruja, and took the power.

Now my questions ike.
Do you think yugoslavians speak the same language as they do today?old church slav?are you the same as the old slavs?Did you know their is around 7000 turkish words in serbian language today Did you know thats far more than whats in albanian language ?SO can you show me your language of the old slav that has not gone through changes?I belive you are not The same as the old slavs who settled in yugoslavia because you have to much turkish,Did you know that in greek language their is over 11 thousand turkish words?can you show me written evidence that you speak same language after 1500s?Im interested what you will come up with ike..evidence of that continuity?
The Serb language split from the rest of Slavic languages afterward the 1000 ad. It's not more than 1000 years old

Turkish name for Eagle = Osman - Shqiptar (Albanian) name for Eagle = Shqipe

Settlement of Albanians in Macedonia

Historical evidence shows that the first Albanians in Macedonia began to migrate even more intense after the mid-18th century.

According to the Ottoman census of year 1430-1431, in Macedonia there was Albanians. Already by the mid-15th century, with the conversion of Albanians in a minority they started coming in Macedonia as Turkish soldiers and mercenaries, but in a very minor number. The Ottoman census of year 1452-1453 are only 32 Albanian families recorded on the territory of Macedonia, 31 family vilayet Kalkandelen (nest) and 1 Catholic family in Skopje. These Albanians have mostly been Islamized and Ottoman authorities blaming as ARNAUTS or Arbanasi, as could differ from indigenous. The census in notepads, Ottomans personal names Albanians added the "Arbanasi" or "Arnaut" to distinguish them from the natives, that there were no adjectives for nationality.

Ottoman census of year 1467-1468, the notes only 84 Albanian households on the territory of Macedonia and recesses in the following:

Census year 1467-1468

Vilayet Kalkandelen (nest) 20 households
Vilayet USKUP (Skopje) 2 households
Vilayet Pirlepe (Prilep) 10 households
Vilayet Kjiprjuli (Veles) 3 households
Nahiya Krchovo (Kicevo) 7 households
Nahiya Mariovo 1 household
Nahiya Manastir (Bitola) 41 household

Source: TDIMN. ODM, t. III, p. 35-143 (Vilayet Kalkandelen), p. 150; TDIMN. ODM, t. I, p. 197-199; TDIMN. ODM, t. II, s.139-271 (nahiя Monastery), p. 271-485

The first six Albanian villages in Macedonia

Albanians came to the borders of Macedonia in year 1572. Frenchman Philippe Kanaje described the capture of Kačanik by some as personally wrote "Albanian groups of killers and thieves" in year 1572.

(Frankish Travel to the Balkans, s.140).

In year 1595 for the first time in recorded history a den of Albanian gang robbed a few Poloski villages and many villagers wounded and killed.

(J. Trifunoski, nest, p. 38).

Under Ottoman document from year 1597, about 10,000 Albanian-robbers of northern Albania, robbed and burned 27 villages in western Macedonia, and in 6 of these villages, in Debar area, settled Albanians for the first time in Macedonia.

(Sopova, MD. Quoted. Sъch., P. 83).

So, the first settlement of Albanians in a Macedonian village occured 3 years before the 17th century and it was in the Debar.

Albanian settlement in Skopje area

The Ottoman document from year 1595 first noted the presence of "predatory arnaut groups" in the Skopje area, but no Albanian settlement.

(Sopova, MD. Quoted. Sъch., P. 78-79)

Albanians began to gradually conquer the high mountain villages of Macedonia Skopje Montenegro, even at the end of the 17th century.

(Materials, 536. / "ARNAUTS" Vasil Kъnchov, "Makedoniя. Etnografiя and statistics" (v. 11 cards), published Bъlgarskoto Literary druzhestva c Sofia, 1900 Chastna pъrva. Peoples c Makedoniя. Arnauts., P. 83-100 ).

Albanians first occupied the highest villages in Skopje Macedonian Montenegro area and then gradually got down to the lower villages. The village of Brest was until the 19th century pure Macedonian village and in the village Luboten Albanians entered in the late 18th century.

(Vasil Kъnchov, "Makedoniя. Etnografiя and statistics" Chastna pъrva.Narodi c Makedoniя. Arnauts., P. 83-100).

German traveler Han in the second half of the 19th century visited the Albanian villages in Skopje Montenegro area. The Albanians themselves informed that they moved in Skopje northern mountains after Austrian wars, and that's the end of the 17th century.

(Hahn, Reise von Belgrad nach Salonik, Wien, 1868th p. 70).

By the 20th century, the flower Black Peak settled Albanians in 21 Macedonian villages. They came from Kosovo during the 18th and 19th centuries, and residents of Aldinci know that their ancestors came to Aldinci of Gnjilane.

(Material, p. 523rd / Vasil Kъnchov, "Makedoniя. Etnografiя and statistics" Chastna pъrva. Peoples c Makedoniя. Arnauts., P. 83-100).

The first field units Albanians descended even into the 19th century, during the management of Hamza Pasha, an Albanian, who gradually settled Albanians of northern Albania.

(J. Trifunoski, Skopje Polje, 358).

Albanian settlement of Nest

Early Albanian settlement that occupied the Nest, started from the middle of the 18th century. However, at that time they were a very small minority group in the Nest, Until the first half of the 19th century, when the Nest was Albanian ruled by Abdurrahman Pasha, was violently and mass inhabited by Albanians from northern Albania.

(J. Trifunoski, nest, s. 71-74)

Much of the indigenous Macedonian population in Nest, was violently albanized, whole generation were albanized, and many women and girls under the pressure of Tetovo Albanian pashas and their oppression.

(J. Trifunoski, nest, p. 38-39, 50-51)

The same happened with Kichevija, where most of them are actually of Albanian Macedonian origin. Therefore, we can say that the Albanians in Macedonia are Macedonian brothers.

Albanians from s. Tearce were inhabited by the Tetovo pashas, ​​the Mat, Lower Debar and Prizren, the Albanians.from s Dobroshte came from Debar and Luma. In s.Dlabochica, s.Strazha and s.Kultino Albanians come from Dukachin Luma. The last village, Abdurrahman Pasha in the early 19th century expelled Macedonians and Albanians settled (material (Sofia), 437, 439, 446-447).

In Zhedenskata area until the early 19th century Macedonians lived exclusively, but later the Albanians to migrate there from Rech and Dolni Debar.

The Albanian violence, made Macedonians to mass flee Nest and left empty villages. Vasil K´nchov in the last decade of the 19th century, visited Macedonia and describes the village of Gorno year 1860 and counted 30 Macedonian families. In 1890 villages Palatica, Korito,Forino and Chajle, was left bare and empty.

(V. "News" years. II no. 12, 13th / Vasil Kъnchov, "Makedoniя. Etnografiя and statistics" Chastna pъrva.Narodi c Makedoniя. Arnauts., P. 83-100).

Macedonian ethnographer Trifunoski mentions that Katranje villages and Erebino shared the same fate and was left empty.

(J. Trifunoski, nest, 39-40).
I had read only the part of your post where you stating ottoman sources. The rest is just an insult against others nationality.

Officially there are no ottoman defters written about the ethnic composition of their empire. There are only religious defters. The ottomans registered the inhabitants by their religious adherence. So your claim fails.

Albanians inhabited the highlands as you mentioned. The settlements throughout highlands are the prove that they are indigenous there. The Turks and Bulgarians were settled in towns because they were the rulers during the Bulgarian empire and during the ottoman empire.

Albanians survived from hellenes, Romans, Serbs, Bulgarians, etc because of their highlands.

Ranko Matasović - University of Zagreb - A Grammatical Sketch of Albanian for students of Indo-European
http://www.academia.edu/1489387/A_Grammatical_Sketch_of_Albanian_for_Students_of_Indo-European

The modern orthography of Albanian, which will be used here, was adopted in 1908, at the congress of Monastir. It should be noted, however, that older linguistic books, such as Pokorny’s etymological dictionary, still use the antiquated transcription adapted by Gustav Meyer in the nineteenth century. Before that, Albanian used to be written in the so-called Elbasan or Todhri alphabet, which had developed from the cursive Greek alphabet.

Nothing is known about Albanians until the 11th century, when they are mentioned by Byzantine historians. The Albanian language is mentioned for the first time outside Albania, in the Croatian city of Dubrovnik, in the vicinity of which there appears to have been an Albanian community. In 1285, a man named Matthew recorded this sentence in the context of investigation of a robbery: Audivi unam vocem clamantem in monte in lingua Albanesca. Not long after that, Anonymi descriptio Europae Orientalis (1308) states that the Albanian language is not related to any of the neighboring languages, and thus confirms that lingua Albanesca is indeed the predecessor of modern Albanian: Habent enim Albani prefati linguam distinctam a Latinis, Grecis et Sclavis ita quod in nullo se inteligunt cum aliis nationibus.

The earliest documents of the Albanian language stem from the 15th century. Besides a few almost unintelligible lines from the so-called Bellifortis Manuscript from 1405, the first sentence of Albanian we have is the baptism formula from 1462: Unte paghesont premenit Atit e birit et sperit senit “I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost”.1It is preserved in a work by Paulus Angelus, the Archbishop of Dyrrachium (Alb. Durrës). From 1483 we have one Albanian sentence in the Renaissance comedy “Epirota” by Tommaso de Mezzo (draburi to clofto goglie = tramburë të kloftë golja “may your mouth tremble (from sickness)!”), and from 1497 the earliest document of Albanian of some length, the glossary by a German traveler Von Harff. Von Harff was an adventurer who wrote a kind of tourist guide in which he collected valuable information about various European languages including Basque, Modern Greek and Albanian. He provided his reader with the native equivalents of such useful phrases as “How much does this cost?”, “What is that”, and “Woman, I want to sleep with you”. There are also a number of Venetian documents from 13th-15th centuries in which sevearal Albanian names are mentioned, as well as a few nouns.

The earliest documents of Albanian literature sensu stricto are from the 16th and 17th century. These are religious works associated with the Counter-Reformation movement, and most of them are in the Gheg dialect. The first Albanian book is Meshari by Gjon Buzuku (1555, preserved in a single copy), and this was soon followed by works of Lekë Matrënga (Catechismo di F. Ledesma tradotto da Luca Matranga, 1592, in Tosk), Pjetër Budi (Catechismo, 1618 andSpiegazioni della messa romana, 1621, Speculum confessionis tradotto dallo Specchio di confessione, 1612), Frang Bardhi (the author of the first Albanian dictionary – Dizionario latino-epirotico,1635), Pjetër Bogdani (Cuneus prophetarum de Christo salvatore mundi, 1685), and Nilo Catalano (Dizionario albanese-italiano e italiano-albanese, 1694). Taken all together, very few books were published in Albanian in the 17th and the early 18th centuries. The first grammar of the language is Osservazioni grammaticali nella lingua albanese, published by Francesco Maria da Lecce in 1716, who also wrote a dictionary (in 1702) of some 13 000 entries.

In Meyer’s Etymological dictionary of Albanian, of 5140 “keywords” 1420 are Romance, 540 Slavonic, 1180 Turkish, 840 Modern Greek, and only 400 have a more or less reliable IE etymology. 730 words have no etymology whatsoever. During the past century, I would say that the number of words with IE etymology has risen, while some of Meyer’s Romance etymologies have been rejected, but the number of loan-words in Albanian is still disproportionately high.

GUSTAV MAYER
Modern Albanian language of 5140 keywords:
1420 Romance
540 Slavonic
1180 Turkish
840 Modern Greek
400 IE Etymology
730 Unknown

Common Lexic in Romanian and Albanian. Substrate and Loanwords.
http://www.academia.edu/5766282/Common_Lexic_in_Romanian_and_Albanian._Substrate_and_Loanwords

Evliya Celebi was a 17th century Turkish traveller during the Ottoman period who wrote about his experiences in the empire.

http://www.albanianliterature.net/legends/legend_11.html

Celebi states that the first ancestors of the Albanians were Arabs who arrived in Epirus during the 7th century.

His explanation on how the Albanian language came about and developed is most interesting given that the said language does not belong to any other group in Europe
, has a huge number of loanwords, and has several characteristics that do not appear to be European. When referring to the surrounds of Lake Skadar on page 41, Celebi states:
Quote:
They all speak Arnaud, which is like no other tongue. In origin, the Arnaudi were one of the Arab tribes of Quraysh in Mecca. That is why there are some Arabic words still in use among them. When these Arnaud tribesmen emerged from the mountains of Skadar and Vlora,they mingled with the Italians and Franks, and so, during the Caliphate of Omar, produced a language between Arabic and Frankish.

On page 65, Celebi states the following:
Quote:
Jabal-i Alhama subsequently died as a Muslim in the city of Elbasan. In the Tuhfa history, there is extensive information on this Arab tribe. This clan of Quraysh actually do look like Arabs........

There is also a source (Michael Attaliates) that apparently wrote of a people called 'Arbanitai' who were transplanted as mercenaries from Sicily to Albania by a rebel military commander called George Maniakos in 1042.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Attaleiates
Michael Attaleiates or Attaliates (Greek: Μιχαήλ Ἀτταλειάτης) (c.1022-1080) was a Byzantine public servant and historian active in Constantinople and around the empire's provinces in the second half of the eleventh century.[1] He was a younger contemporary (possibly even a student) of Michael Psellos and likely an older colleague of John Skylitzes, the two other Byzantine historians of the eleventh century whose work survives.
Oh, thanks for your post.

There is something very important and useful.

Old Albanian: golja. Modern Albanian: goja . English- mouth . Illyrian- bilia. Modern Albanian- bija.
Which shows great continuity between Albanian and illyrian. Probably the Slavic interference shows the replace of l to j.

kastrioti was a genitsar,
albanian were not obey to pay blood taxation the times kastrioti was born,
cause they were outside of beyazit and murad empire,

how come then kastrioti was a genitsar?

except offcourse, if the Albanian origin of Kastrioti is a myth,
and he was like Aryanit
[emoji23] . You mean that he was invented by scholars! [emoji23]

This thread has been viewed 452847 times.

Back