Why Vikings did not bring any N1c in Great Britain?

How do you know that the only explanation is Viking/Norman heritage? Wouldn't a Uralic origin (e.g. perhaps a stray Hungarian speaker who wandered too far off and was assimilated) also be possible?
There weren't Uralic in Palermo.

The Saqaliba?i don't think so, at best they carried some R1a and I2 more than N1

Rurik was not Saami person integrated in Scandinavian society in last 5 centuries. Do you see Kvens as only legend?
Got any Kven remains to prove that they landed in Danelaw; the Kvens remains should still have a haplotype to compare with us Englishmen. Perhaps some of us Englishman and Lass have a direct maternal ancestry to the Sami. Perhaps there were some Vikings who killed the males and took their wives and daughters as trophies? That would make at least mtdna HVOa1 a possible Kven haplogroup?

Other than that I got nothing, the point is that we need to do more Dna testing and archeology research to be sure. At least Ancestrydna is picking up traces of Uralic Dna among Englishmen. However the fact remains that no Ydna N has been found in England rendering it unlikely that the Norwegianized Sami ever set foot in the Isles in huge numbers

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 34062 times.

Back