How much of R1a (what %) could there be in West Germany before WW2 ???

R haplogroups like cold weather. The ancient ancestor of R is P which is also led to Q. It's descended from K which is big in Asia.

Ancient ancestors of Rs were probably good in the snow, lived in Northern climates. The may have crossed the Atlantic into the Americas and traveled along Northern Eurasia back into America from Europe. It's kind of insane how mobile they appear to be.

Most of the earliest civilized peoples have high concentrations of males in the y-chromosome haplogroup k.

...All in all, I am very certain that vast majority of R1a haplogroup in West Germany today, is only the product of recent (19th - 20th centuries) migrations.

When people carry out genetic research they wonder "which ancient tribe could possibly bring this here?", and completely neglect VERY RECENT migrations... :)

R1a is found in all Germanic speaking populations in Europe, including German, Norse, and English-speaking areas, alongside R1b and I1. I believe that the evidence is indicating that Germanic peoples are a hybrid of Proto-Italo-Celtic R1b, Proto-Balto-Slavic R1a, and Proto-Norse I1. Somerled of Argyll, likely descendant of a Viking, was R1a and doesn't show any signs of being Slavic (other than perhaps being R1a). While some of the R1a in West Germany today may, in fact, be from recent Slavic movements, I suspect that a good deal of it has been there for a very long time, with hefty populations of native proto-German R1a and Viking R1a.

R1a is found in all Germanic speaking populations in Europe, including German, Norse, and English-speaking areas, alongside R1b and I1. I believe that the evidence is indicating that Germanic peoples are a hybrid of Proto-Italo-Celtic R1b, Proto-Balto-Slavic R1a, and Proto-Norse I1. Somerled of Argyll, likely descendant of a Viking, was R1a and doesn't show any signs of being Slavic (other than perhaps being R1a). While some of the R1a in West Germany today may, in fact, be from recent Slavic movements, I suspect that a good deal of it has been there for a very long time, with hefty populations of native proto-German R1a and Viking R1a.

considering that ancient finds in Germany notes findings of I1, I2, G2a and T1a in early Neolithic Germany thousands of years before the introduction of R1 into Germany, are they too Germanic? or when did this term ( Germanic )begin in modern Germany?
If R1 began the term Germanic, what where the others noted as ....

This thread has been viewed 19068 times.

Back