Photos of the Maltese people.

The only difference is that some "exotic looking" appear with more frequency in some maltese compared to sicilians or calabrians. I think they are very close even more strongly with the people of Pantelleria and Lampedusa though. (and italian).

I think that is very true, I noticed that as well.

There shouldn't be any differences between the southern part of Sicily, and Malta. Since most people living in Malta came from there.

I have been in Malta for three times, but not for the discos or in the summer for the "bellativa" but for visiting the megalithic temples, La Valletta and Gozo. It's fascinating.

The people of Crete and the southern Peloponnese in Greece also are quite similar to Sicilians and Maltese; probably a bit closer to people in Messina and Syracuse regions than to Agrigento or Caltanissetta though, assuming regional differences exist.

I have been in Malta for three times, but not for the discos or in the summer for the "bellativa" but for visiting the megalithic temples, La Valletta and Gozo. It's fascinating.

Let me know the next time you are over. Might show you a few spots that visitors do not normally see, like the cliffs that Roger of Hauteville and his army climbed to take Mdina (the old capital) My father is from Gozo some nice geological features there, especially this time of year when its green and crystal clear waters.

Eheheh the modern siracusans are too proud to their greek heritage. You can find people now called with names like Archimede or Dionisio and it's not a joke. However Agrigento was the second big greek city of Sicily together with Selinunte. In Messina today there are the last greek-speaking of Sicily in one neighbor of the city, just 500 people unfortunately but some of them descendend from some peloponnesians who moved to Sicily during the ottoman conquest of Greece.

Let me know the next time you are over. Might show you a few spots that visitors do not normally see, like the cliffs that Roger of Hauteville and his army climbed to take Mdina (the old capital) My father is from Gozo some nice geological features there, especially this time of year when its green and crystal clear waters.
I return you the courtesy if you come to redo a tour in Sicily.

The people of Crete and the southern Peloponnese in Greece also are quite similar to Sicilians and Maltese; probably a bit closer to people in Messina and Syracuse regions than to Agrigento or Caltanissetta though, assuming regional differences exist.

I was there last October to Mycenae and passed through Corith and visited also Delphi. Yes there is no doubt there are lots of similarity in looks espesially in the Pelopnnese region.

Eheheh the modern siracusans are too proud to their greek heritage. You can find people now called with names like Archimede or Dionisio and it's not a joke. However Agrigento was the second big greek city of Sicily together with Selinunte. In Messina today there are the last greek-speaking of Sicily in one neighbor of the city, just 500 people unfortunately but some of them descendend from some peloponnesians who moved to Sicily during the ottoman conquest of Greece.

I myself have fairly recent (last 200 years) ancestry from Anatolian Greeks fleeing the Ottomans. They settled in Messina and then intermarried into Sicilian families.

I was there last October to Mycenae and passed through Corith and visited also Delphi. Yes there is no doubt there are lots of similarity in looks espesially in the Pelopnnese region.

Every now and again you find a very light southern Greek reminiscent of the Slavic invasion, but overall they should be more or less identical to Sicilians and Maltese.

A greek girl who has studied in Sicily said me the same. She tolds me that sicilians look a lot like peloponnesians. But it's not a surprise. What about Corinth? They founded Siracusa btw.

I return you the courtesy if you come to redo a tour in Sicily.

Thank you, that was a very nice experience and visiting Palermo (surely deserves more recognition) and staying overnight in Nebrodi Nature park in a refuge and hiking through the thick woods is something I crave to do again.

A greek girl who has studied in Sicily said me the same. She tolds me that sicilians look a lot like peloponnesians. But it's not a surprise. What about Corinth? They founded Siracusa btw.

Probably not so much the northern Pelopoonnese (they might look more Balkanic) but I know that the people I've seen from Lakonia/Mani region do. My mom has a friend from there who looks southern Italian, as do his children (even though their mother is Irish).

Thank you, that was a very nice experience and visiting Palermo (surely deserves more recognition) and staying overnight in Nebrodi Nature park in a refuge and hiking through the thick woods is something I crave to do again.
Move to Siracusa, Noto, Modica, Ragusa and Agrigento other beautiful places with barocco and greek temples.

Probably not so much the northern Pelopoonnese (they might look more Balkanic) but I know that the people I've seen from Lakonia/Mani region do. My mom has a friend from there who looks southern Italian, as do his children (even though their mother is Irish).
I don't know, to be honest, because unfortunately i have never been in Greece. However she is the greek girl who she told me that.
wc1p4m.jpg

I'm curious to been in Crete to see if they look like agrigentini and gelesi or in Messenia, Calcide and Corinth to see if there are many similarities with the rest of the island.

Same, but one can notice a difference (in my opinion) in looks crossing to the Peloponnese compared to Athens but nothing too drastic. The scenery is just amazing.

Move to Siracusa, Noto, Modica, Ragusa and Agrigento other beautiful places with barocco and greek temples.

Of course there is so much more to do. It has to happen one day.

I'm curious to been in Crete to see if they look like agrigentini and gelesi or in Messenia, Calcide and Corinth to see if there are many similarities with the rest of the island.

In my own opinion the people in Ragusa, Gela, and Agrigento look a lot like Cretans.

When I will go to Crete and Peloponneso i will say my opinion.

This thread has been viewed 47288 times.

Back