Wacky news ancient phoenicians forefathers of vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo ancient Punic were modern Cypriot-like. They were traders not huge colonizers though.

I actually came here when internetsearching for phoenecian DNA in scandinavia since teh phoenecian theory is interesting. The I haplogroup is not it thought. About a third of scandinavian men have the I haplogroup. It is the oldest european haplogroup. That it is so prelevant in scandinavia is probably due to that agriculture technology gives less of a competitive advantage in scandinavia since it is so far north. So the first agriculturalists had to come to terms with the original hunter gatherers to a greater extent than in the rest of Europe. And scandinavia holds more areas that are not viable for agriculture where hunter gatherers could survive.

However, there are indications that phoenecian traders actually influenced culture in pregermanic or possibly protogermannic scandinavia. For example, germanic languages differes from other indoeuropean languages in that it has a subset of words that do not have an indoeuropean origin, but that all other indoeuropean languages have in common. Words like Ship, Beach, Sea, Sword, Shield, Eel, Lamb, Bear are not indoeuropean in germanic languages but are indoeuropean in other indoeuropean languages.

Another strange thing with germanic lanugaes is that there are remnants of a numbering system base twelve rather than the indoeuropean base ten. For example, the word Eleven instead of Oneteen and Tweleve instead of Twoteen. The sumerian counting system had twelve as its base and this could have arrived in scandinavia with phoenecian traders.

Another thing that would be explained by the Phoenecian theory is the material quality of the Nordic bronze age. In scandianvia you find the richest and moste sophisticated bronze age material culture outside the mediteranean.

Another thing that would be explained by the Phoenecian theory is that petryglyphs in scandinavia are identical to many petryglyphs in the mediteratnean.

Normally these similarities are explained by scandinavians coming into contact with the mediteranean world when trading for tin in central europe. But i think the Phonecian theory should be explored more.

Here are petryglyphs from the Kingsgrave in Kivik, todays southern sweden. Its one of the prime remnants from the bronze age scandinavia, from 1400 bc. One of the stone could be read as two different people/pantheons of gods coming out of two different wombs. And performing a ritual together and then being joined in one common people/pantheon of gods.

Since this is my first post i cant post links to the germanic substrate hypothesis, petroglyphs or slab one from the kingsgrave. But easy enough to find on wikipedia for example.

But still serching for phoenecian dna.

Obviously im excluding indian and chinese bronze age cultures in my comparison.

Phoenicians lived in 1700 bc and haplogroup I1 is present in Europe since Mesolithic you are so geniuses to even discuss this thing yet you are correct in saying I and J came from hg IJ but this is it nothing more and if you see hg H is very close to I and J too so then Phoenicians and Vikings were brothers of Indians and Bangladeshis too lol so study a little then make connection like this :O

Obviously im excluding indian and chinese bronze age cultures in my comparison.

Obviously. If Phoenicians painted those 10 000 year old Mediterranean pethroglyphs, then they might have travelled to China and India before Bronze Age with their space ships.

I've seen fascinating threads on this forum before... but this one beats them all !!!!

^^It's such nonsense that I've been debating whether this thread should be closed. I cannot believe it go this many views.

Why did it get so many views? I think a lot of people would find this thread a bit comical due to the odd claims being posted here

Ugh, I have to make 10 posts to post links. Sorry guys, you'll have to google my sources yourselves...

I heard sbout this thoery from the Podcast "The History of English". On this podcast he recommended the book "Our Magnificient Bastard Tounge". Apparently this book goes into detail about this concept

In the Historie af Danmark by Suhm, published in 1775, the arrival of the Canaanites in Scandinavia is recorded: "Messenius...says that CANAANITES, which were DRIVEN OUT BY JOSHUA, came to Scondia which they called henceforth SCANDINAVIA. This is supposed to have happened 844 YEARS AFTER THE FLOOD...And Arngrim Jonae, the learned Icelander, insists that THE CANAANITES, DRIVEN OUT BY JOSHUA, WERE THE FIRST INHABITANTS OF THE NORTH..." (page 101).

Fact bombs

Actually the Vikings had no horned helmets, that was invented in the 19th century, and as it has been pointed out, J and I split tens of thousands of years ago, long before the Phoenicians or the vikings and deep into pre history. As for the Phoenician alphabet, it has influenced both Latin (and therefore west European) and Greek (therefore east European) alphabets.
Hi,

i dont care if nature destroyed 99.9% of the evidence because after so much searching i can see the sumerians/egyptians recorded there was 7 ages before the great younger dryas flood 13000 years ago each with their own ending disasters, gobekli tepe and gunang padang are just the tip of the iceberg speaking of the devil of history in the room what ruins have they been digging up in Antarctica? if the Vikings and their ancestors were sailing world it was a tradition masters many millennia before these inter continental civilizations build their now mostly submerged cities. all native stories speak of white skinned blonde and red haired blue eyed people who came from the sky and built giant structure with technology they couldn't even describe remotely coherently.
Its sad that all of human history and war and death and suffering and disease and earth dying is because we are warring over the origins of who made civilization. my people are being erased by those we once came to work with 25,000-425,000 years ago. the earth artifacts cant lie the more the world digs the more impossible it will be for trolls to lie about it thats why digging is illegal most of the time to cover up under the guise of protecting

Hi,

i dont care if nature destroyed 99.9% of the evidence because after so much searching i can see the sumerians/egyptians recorded there was 7 ages before the great younger dryas flood 13000 years ago each with their own ending disasters, gobekli tepe and gunang padang are just the tip of the iceberg speaking of the devil of history in the room what ruins have they been digging up in Antarctica? if the Vikings and their ancestors were sailing world it was a tradition masters many millennia before these inter continental civilizations build their now mostly submerged cities. all native stories speak of white skinned blonde and red haired blue eyed people who came from the sky and built giant structure with technology they couldn't even describe remotely coherently.
Its sad that all of human history and war and death and suffering and disease and earth dying is because we are warring over the origins of who made civilization. my people are being erased by those we once came to work with 25,000-425,000 years ago. the earth artifacts cant lie the more the world digs the more impossible it will be for trolls to lie about it thats why digging is illegal most of the time to cover up under the guise of protecting
Who then needs to be protected if all history tells us is that we need to capture and destroy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 50049 times.

Back