Pop Music from Malta

I have this feeling that the men on the Italian patrol boats would be positively panting to rescue her and give her refugee status. What do you think?:grin:

I have this feeling that the men on the Italian patrol boats would be positively panting to rescue her and give her refugee status. What do you think?:grin:

lol Angela, I was somehow thinking too of the connection. Its not often when someone is rescued they burst out in song with so much talent. There you go job guaranteed :grin:

lol Angela, I was somehow thinking too of the connection. Its not often when someone is rescued they burst out in song with so much talent. There you go job guaranteed :grin:

I wasn't thinking so much of her singing talent, although it's definitely a plus! I was thinking more of her other attributes, given that I have more than a passing acquaintance with Italian men.:) A very pretty girl...

Some weird stuff :/ - Club Murder - The surgeon

Reggae in Maltese 'Kanta ir rima' (sing the rhyme) 2015

And a good time was had by all! :grin: Thanks, Maleth...a bright spot on a very depressing day...

I like old school Reggae...soft sea breezes, frangipani blossoms releasing their sweet scent into the night air, a Pina Colada, and gentle music about love and our common humanity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NentNBRlQ

And a good time was had by all! :grin: Thanks, Maleth...a bright spot on a very depressing day...

I like old school Reggae...soft sea breezes, frangipani blossoms releasing their sweet scent into the night air, a Pina Colada, and gentle music about love and our common humanity...

Now that sounded poetic but so true. Glad that brightened things a little :). Reggae sounds good in Summer weather surrounded by Clear seas. Bob Marley is surely an icon. One love was always one of my fav Reggae numbers. We often have these kind of different events all through the summer. Very uplifting and pleasant.

Here is another 'one love' from Malta you might enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIa_QV-LM8g (Good idea because of ad intrusion)

Now that sounded poetic but so true. Glad that brightened things a little :). Reggae sounds good in Summer weather surrounded by Clear seas. Bob Marley is surely an icon. One love was always one of my fav Reggae numbers. We often have these kind of different events all through the summer. Very uplifting and pleasant.

Here is another 'one love' from Malta you might enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIa_QV-LM8g (Good idea because of ad intrusion)

The Caribbean is only about three hours by plane from me, and most of my memories of Reggae are from there...really magical nights...

Not all of them, however. One of my closest friends is from Jamaica. She's an awesome cook in addition to all her other talents, and a Reggae fanatic. Her summer barbecues are a marvel!

I did enjoy it. Very upbeat and fun. I hope it did pretty well at Eurovision. I've said it before...it's remarkable how such a small place can produce so much good music. Do Maltese songs get a lot of play time on British radio?

Last edited:
The Caribbean is only about three hours by plane from me, and most of my memories of Reggae are from there...really magical nights...

Not all of them, however. One of my closest friends is from Jamaica. She's an awesome cook in addition to all her other talents, and a Reggae fanatic. Her summer barbecues are a marvel!

Thats close and what a difference in ambiance. I can imagine the great atmosphere.

I did enjoy it. Very upbeat and fun. I hope it did pretty well at Eurovision. I've said it before...it's remarkable how such a small place can produce so much good music. Do Maltese songs get a lot of play time on British radio?

Not much really, one has to live in the UK to get any promotion. I guess the local scene will also be seen as passe as a style on international standards, but locals are still into these styles of Music :).

Winner juniour Eurovision 2016 in Bulgaria, Destiny, 'Not my soul'

A deep breath in simplicity
A closed mind because of this community
Ashes to Ashes dust to dust
All these children are so happy
they don't need to see the future
the only life is that of today
how long are we going to pack a little
travel the world when we feel like it
Children of the fields with no borders
they traveled with the biggest ships
we pass on the message of this challenge
here the rhythm of the flying angel
Im going to do this all for you
your hands in mine travelling the world
Horse cabs or the bus trains or the planes
Sometimes walking
Filling our life with memories
with a life among people
when we are alone in silence
I will show you the whole world
and the closure of the valley
alone in the silence of the valley
we share the attraction
and the purification of nature
in the attention there is no misfortune
this is the time to cross the world
your hands in mine travelling the world
Horse cabs or the bus trains or the planes
Sometimes walking
Filling our life with memories
with a life among people

The promise

Once in a field
I saw a little girl
Making sign of the cross and crying

She left the flower from her hand
Love has turned from joy to pain
It was three in the morning and still thinking
what if her father was still alive?
Her mind going round and round
tears on her pillow asking God so many questions
God why am going through all this
I am still a young girl and all asking what is wrong with me
all i can do is smile back and say I am fine
No one knows what I am really feeling

The pain did not break her
and her outlook was turning strong
growing older was not easy
She is not the innocent girl she used to be
Does not chat with God and his mother anymore

Her life was going downhill
This young girl grown to an adult
and fell to the temptations around
She made her first friendship
a friendship she never had before
A friend who shared sorrows
Both together were in heaven
They walked hand in hand and made a pact

Promise me you will never leave me
I never had anyone like you
talking all my troubles to you
I feel I cant live without you

They now hold hands, they both had matured
and can express freely their desires
The moral of this story is that you should never give up
because the girl in the story is me and my life has changed with the pact
and i say thank you to her that she changed my life and is still with me.

Once in a field
I saw a little girl
Making sign of the cross and crying

She left the flower from her hand
Love has turned from joy to pain

This thread has been viewed 41061 times.

Back