Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 54 of 54

Thread: New map of West European Hunter-Gatherer (WHG) admixture

  1. #51
    Junior Member sidi-houari's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-12-16
    Posts
    2


    Country: Algeria



    How old is WHG in Europe ? is it related to Haplogroup C or I ?

  2. #52
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by sidi-houari View Post
    How old is WHG in Europe ? is it related to Haplogroup C or I ?
    WHG formed after Last Glacial Maximum. The oldest one is Epigravettian from Italy and surprisingly it was R1b, but mostly they were hg I.
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/ancien...pean_dna.shtml
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  3. #53
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    915

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    WHG formed after Last Glacial Maximum. The oldest one is Epigravettian from Italy and surprisingly it was R1b, but mostly they were hg I.
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/ancien...pean_dna.shtml
    How do you think the R1b1a;P297 Epigravettian Culture made it to Europe in 18,000 BC?




    http://www.archaeologywordsmith.com/...=Epigravettian

  4. #54
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta




    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    How do you think the R1b1a;P297 Epigravettian Culture made it to Europe in 18,000 BC?




    http://www.archaeologywordsmith.com/...=Epigravettian
    I would guess, from LGM refugium in North Turkey. WHG in refugium could have contracted this haplogroup from other hunter gatherers farther east.
    Otherwise, autosomally this WHG Villabruna looks very local to south mediterranean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •