Genetic history of the British Isles

IMO Bell Beaker were R1b but not R1b-P312 nor R1b-U106 who later became the majority in Europe.
Bell Bekaer people were a minority group in Europe, albeit an elite ruling minority in some areas.
Connection with Minoan and theory about Basque language are bullshit.
Usatovo could be an origin of Bell Beaker.

Really? I read a Y DNA study on Crete and they found R1b1a1 M73 there, the Y DNA study on Sardinia found R2a1 and R1b1c. Both point to R1b being old in those areas.

http://dienekes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-physico-anthropological-study-of.html

Panagiaris' conclusions in English can be found in p.10 of the document. He confirms that the greater period of discontinuity in the material is observed during the Helladic period (=Bronze Age in Greek archaeology), where broad-headed incoming groups appear, side by side with the older Mediterranean population. He attributes this to the arrival of such people from the highlands Pindos range, although he sees the possibility of Anatolian influences as well, but has no comparative data. He cites the tendency for broader skulls in higher latitudes, although this general trend in H. sapiens probably does not explain the local trend within Caucasoids where the key difference is between mountaineers (where the Alpine, Dinaric, Armenoid, and Pamir-Ferghana types are well-represented) and lowland folk. Perhaps, if various ancient DNA projects manage to study some Greek material we may be able to ascertain the events that were taking place in Greece at that time.

Of course, the issue cannot be seen in isolation, because at this time we see an increase in brachycephalic types in Crete and Anatolia, the appearance of the intrusive brachycephalic Bell Beaker folk in Western Europe, and perhaps even the presence of the interfluvial type (Pamir-Ferghana type) in the eastern Saka.

Really? I read a Y DNA study on Crete and they found R1b1a1 M73 there, the Y DNA study on Sardinia found R2a1 and R1b1c. Both point to R1b being old in those areas.

http://dienekes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-physico-anthropological-study-of.html

Panagiaris' conclusions in English can be found in p.10 of the document. He confirms that the greater period of discontinuity in the material is observed during the Helladic period (=Bronze Age in Greek archaeology), where broad-headed incoming groups appear, side by side with the older Mediterranean population. He attributes this to the arrival of such people from the highlands Pindos range, although he sees the possibility of Anatolian influences as well, but has no comparative data. He cites the tendency for broader skulls in higher latitudes, although this general trend in H. sapiens probably does not explain the local trend within Caucasoids where the key difference is between mountaineers (where the Alpine, Dinaric, Armenoid, and Pamir-Ferghana types are well-represented) and lowland folk. Perhaps, if various ancient DNA projects manage to study some Greek material we may be able to ascertain the events that were taking place in Greece at that time.

Of course, the issue cannot be seen in isolation, because at this time we see an increase in brachycephalic types in Crete and Anatolia, the appearance of the intrusive brachycephalic Bell Beaker folk in Western Europe, and perhaps even the presence of the interfluvial type (Pamir-Ferghana type) in the eastern Saka.

The gradual increase in Cranial Index over the Bronze Age most probably reflects gene-flow from population/s biologically different from the Early Bronze Age Cretan population and from inter-population biological interactions (admixture) in the succeeding periods.
so, if I understand well Early bronze age Cretans were not broadskulled ; Early bronze age Crete started 2700 BC , 200 years after appearance of first Bell Beakers in Portugal
but maybe these broadskulled Cretans and the Bell Beakers had the same origin?

The gradual increase in Cranial Index over the Bronze Age most probably reflects gene-flow from population/s biologically different from the Early Bronze Age Cretan population and from inter-population biological interactions (admixture) in the succeeding periods.
so, if I understand well Early bronze age Cretans were not broadskulled ; Early bronze age Crete started 2700 BC , 200 years after appearance of first Bell Beakers in Portugal
but maybe these broadskulled Cretans and the Bell Beakers had the same origin?

Well the h13 is from 4400 to 3700 BP so I would guess bell beaker ancestor was in crete at least that old.

Well the h13 is from 4400 to 3700 BP so I would guess bell beaker ancestor was in crete at least that old.

I don't say there is no connection at all, but first Bell Beakers appeared in Portugal 4900 BP.
I don't know of any Bell Beaker artefacts on Crete. Do you?

I was very confused as to why the maps don't actually correlate to the data in the sources you posted. I see now that you copied the maps from the Britain's DNA site and are just pretending that you came to the same conclusions based on unrelated data. Very clever.

I was very confused as to why the maps don't actually correlate to the data in the sources you posted. I see now that you copied the maps from the Britain's DNA site and are just pretending that you came to the same conclusions based on unrelated data. Very clever.

What map doesn't correlate with the data ?

This thread has been viewed 54012 times.

Back