Recognizing ethnicity by the nose.

@Ailchu,

Please go back up thread and look at all the pictures I posted of Western Europeans including Henry of Navarre, who have hooked noses. Or maybe I should post all the Jews who have straight noses?

Did you really think I wouldn’t catch on? You’re not clever enough.

Please take note of what happened to Ziober; the same thing will happen to antiSemites. Am I clear?

@Ailchu,
Am I clear?

Angela I am especially interested in your classification, and Edit: Moesean but he isn't online. Could you share your two cents?
Mine.

116797208_294536218658334_7936420175297044931_n.jpg

Classify me
and my nose?

Last edited:
@Ailchu,

Please go back up thread and look at all the pictures I posted of Western Europeans including Henry of Navarre, who have hooked noses. Or maybe I should post all the Jews who have straight noses?

Did you really think I wouldn’t catch on? You’re not clever enough.

Please take note of what happened to Ziober; the same thing will happen to antiSemites. Am I clear?

if i understand your post correctly your ethnicity guess is jewish? if thats the case you're wrong. like the rest of your accusation.

if i understand your post correctly your ethnicity guess is jewish? if thats the case you're wrong. like the rest of your accusation.

That is a fleshy hawk nose, that has been infamously associated with Jewish people, because of Julius Streicher's Nazi propaganda. So it is not outrageous to assume you are posting a picture of a Jewish person. It would have been my guess as well, especially if intentions may be dubious. Though, I have met many Jewish people in my life, and many of them don't have a nose like that. If it is in other ethnicities, it is atypical as well, but it exists. As Angela pointed out, there are indeed some non-Jewish people like Henry of Navarre and other Western Europeans, who had it. Perhaps the largeness of it might come from inbreeding, which certainly occurs in royal families. As well as small socially isolated groups that practice endogamy.

Julius Streicher, himself, had a Roman nose:

Vy1Ordu.jpg

8lSXHmd.jpg

That is a fleshy hawk nose, that has been infamously associated with Jewish people, because of Julius Streicher's Nazi propaganda. So it is not outrageous to assume you are posting a picture of a Jewish person. It would have been my guess as well, especially if intentions may be dubious. Though, I have met many Jewish people in my life, and many of them don't have a nose like that. If it is in other ethnicities, it is atypical as well, but it exists. As Angela pointed out, there are indeed some non-Jewish people like Henry of Navarre and other Western Europeans, who had it. Perhaps the largeness of it might come from inbreeding, which certainly occurs in royal families. As well as small socially isolated groups that practice endogamy.

Vy1Ordu.jpg

8lSXHmd.jpg

i know those stereotypes, so i know why someone would guess the nose is from a jewish person. but it isn't. there are lots of non-jewish people who have similar noses not just in western europe and probably not due to inbreeding.
can you explain why you would assume that i have dubious intentions?

Unfortunately in this hobby, there are a lot of people with dubious intentions. Even from people with seemingly good intentions, it is sometimes hard to discern. It is a means of trying to circumvent moderation, in an effort to push their agenda. That is why you have people making sock accounts, lying about their ethnicity.

Yes, more than just in western Europe too.

Last edited:
Angela I am especially interested in your classification, and Edit: Moesean but he isn't online. Could you share your two cents?

If it has a bit of a bump on it below the bridge I’d say a Roman nose. That’s the kind of nose my son has, sort of like Jovialis’. If it has no bump but is just strong, prominent, and wedge shaped that would be like my father’s nose.

It’s hard to tell from your picture.

I’d still say it’s a more southern than northern but I don’t know what the old school anthropologists would say.

I wasn’t being rude and ignoring your request. I’m still without power and internet. Even the internet on my phone comes and goes and I have to conserve power. I’ll see if I’ve saved a profile picture of my Dad’s face when I can use my laptop.

What is the problem with supposed "Jews" noses; if they would have a specific one, which is debatable, why it would be forbidden to speak about? If i speak, in the same way, would it be debatable or not, of a Finnic or Breton nose, where would be the problem? We have to take some distance with this old questions and to stigmatize only the evident tries to bog down the thread about some sensitive cases of history - every phenotypes thread is by definition centred on look, so, stigmatizing in some way. We have to accept it and not to fall in the "witch hunt" trap. I hope I don't offense anybody here.

If it has a bit of a bump on it below the bridge I’d say a Roman nose. That’s the kind of nose my son has, sort of like Jovialis’. If it has no bump but is just strong, prominent, and wedge shaped that would be like my father’s nose.

It’s hard to tell from your picture.

I’d still say it’s a more southern than northern but I don’t know what the old school anthropologists would say.

I wasn’t being rude and ignoring your request. I’m still without power and internet. Even the internet on my phone comes and goes and I have to conserve power. I’ll see if I’ve saved a profile picture of my Dad’s face when I can use my laptop.

In the meantime, Archetype, see if you can find a picture of Jack Nicholson in profile on Bing. That’s sort of the kind of nose my Dad had. In fact when he was older he looked a lot like Nicholson. He just had fairer hair. There are rumors Jack Nicholson is half Italian. Maybe they’re true. He found out late in life his supposed sister was his mother and one of the men with whom she was involved was Italian.

Vy1Ordu.jpg

8lSXHmd.jpg

Evil can come in a handsome package can’t it?

In the meantime, Archetype, see if you can find a picture of Jack Nicholson in profile on Bing. That’s sort of the kind of nose my Dad had. In fact when he was older he looked a lot like Nicholson. He just had fairer hair. There are rumors Jack Nicholson is half Italian. Maybe they’re true. He found out late in life his supposed sister was his mother and one of the men with whom she was involved was Italian.

Interesting about Nicholson. Yeah... that is closer to what I have. Mine is just more concave, albeit without the bump. The bump is there it is just like a symmetric gradient, so it is hard to notice, definitively not prominent.

If you could free up your inbox I am interested in sending you a PM.

Interesting about Nicholson. Yeah... that is closer to what I have. Mine is just more concave, albeit without the bump. The bump is there it is just like a symmetric gradient, so it is hard to notice, definitively not prominent.

If you could free up your inbox I am interested in sending you a PM.

My dad’s nose also bore a bit of resemblance to Mussolini’s, but without the bump and shorter. My grandmother used to call him that sometimes, but that was more about his domineering personality and his temper. :)

Yours may be more like Salento’s and fit in a lot of places.

OK I’ll try to free up some space.

My dad’s nose also bore a bit of resemblance to Mussolini’s, but without the bump and shorter. My grandmother used to call him that sometimes, but that was more about his domineering personality and his temper. :)

Yours may be more like Salento’s and fit in a lot of places.

OK I’ll try to free up some space.

LOL Your grandma sure knew how to roast.
The thing is with most Italian noses I saw including Salentos is that there is a dip before it reaches the tip. Mine doesn't really dip, hence why the bump is not noticeable, but the concavity is quite noticable, doubt anybody would say I have a straight nose despite not having the noticeable bump.

This is George Washington's Life mask, it is the most accurate depiction of his face. It was a plaster cast made during his lifetime:

Ro4r2Zj.png

[SUB]
vu69rM7.jpg

[/SUB]
Looks like a Roman nose to me.

https://www.themorgan.org/collection/George-Washington-Life-Mask

This is George Washington's Life mask, it is the most accurate depiction of his face. It was a plaster cast made during his lifetime:

Ro4r2Zj.png

[SUB]
vu69rM7.jpg

[/SUB]
Looks like a Roman nose to me.

https://www.themorgan.org/collection/George-Washington-Life-Mask

To me too. :)

In his lifetime it was called a “noble” nose.

I think I posted a picture of Thomas Payne above. His nose is just like that of Scipio Africanus.

John Adams’ nose is so curved it almost looks Semitic.

It must be CHG and steppe related in them. That and maybe the French influence.

It’s always struck me how often leaders in Western Europe had such prominent noses. It used to be said such noses indicated strength of personality and will. I highly doubt that’s true but I can believe that people thought that and consciously or subconsciously chose their leaders in part because of that.

Courtesy of kingjohn from the Napoleon I thread. https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...p-mo no E1b1b1c1*-(E-M34)?p=610117#post610117

4.bp_.blogspot.comdeath-mask-of-napoleon-1-7a49e0e0a55248c2862af7bd48be25f077708c53-640x381.jpg

https://vintagenewsdaily.com/death-mask-of-napoleon-bonaparte/

These type of noses sure pop up a lot from classical times to modern times in "nobility".

1.bp_.blogspot.comdeath-mask-of-napoleon-3-0d4f9f1170222e755c469f695717dab989b321cb.jpg

From paintings:

As a young Corsican Lieutenant
napoleon-bonaparte-as-lieutenant-colonel-of-the-1st-battalion-of-corsica-1834-felix-philippoteaux.jpg

Napoleon crowned King of Italy.
napoleon-bonaparte-1769-1821-as-king-of-italy-1805_u-l-pga39t0.jpg

During the famous and controversial coronation where he took the crown from the Pope and crowned himself.
the-coronation-of-emperor-napoleon-bonaparte-1807-jacques-louis-david.jpg

It’s what I call the “Flora” nose from the Greek statue of the goddess Flora but with the addition of the Roman “bump”.

The “Flora” nose is ubiquitous from Toscana through Umbria, Marche, Eastern Liguria and Emilia Romagna. There’s a whole monograph written about this look in women of the area when discussing DaVinci’s Lady with the Ermine, who was a Tuscan. At the height of the Lega Nord drama they posted copies of this portrait with a caption saying: This is what Italians look like....

They probably thought she was Milanese since that’s where it was painted. :)

I can’t post pictures; perhaps someone else can do it. You can also look at my threads: Phenotypes of Italian villages and People of the Appennino Parmense.

It’s what I call the “Flora” nose from the Greek statue of the goddess Flora but with the addition of the Roman “bump”.

The “Flora” nose is ubiquitous from Toscana through Umbria, Marche, Eastern Liguria and Emilia Romagna. There’s a whole monograph written about this look in women of the area when discussing DaVinci’s Lady with the Ermine, who was a Tuscan. At the height of the Lega Nord drama they posted copies of this portrait with a caption saying: This is what Italians look like....

They probably thought she was Milanese since that’s where it was painted. :)

I can’t post pictures; perhaps someone else can do it. You can also look at my threads: Phenotypes of Italian villages and People of the Appennino Parmense.

I will oblige:

DaVinci’s Lady with the Ermine
b4.jpg

Compare to Flora.

d2e72daf3e4ab109960e4da6a7e15e93.jpg

I think why these prominent figures have a mix between the Roman bump and the Grecian nose is due to testosterone. Have no proof to back it up but intuitively that's what I think.

From the picture of the most beautiful man according to ancient Greeks you can see that there is a certain bump, it is not a straight Grecian nose:

"Antinous, the lover of Hadrian, was considered the most beautiful man of his time"

1200px-Antinous_Mondragone_Louvre_Ma1205_n3.jpg

Michelangelo's David

david-nose-detail.jpg

7d23f8e32c0453d41022004ba7002980.jpg

Caesar

julius_caesar.jpg

Alexander

160415-oconnor-greek-art-tease_crwhgp

Skanderbeg

48675082478_bf76da4857_b.jpg

I think all these figures have a hybrid nose between Grecian and Roman, straight/concave in men with a bump, as I said my guess is testosterone in men makes the Flora nose have a bump.

Even DaVinci had a similar nose aparently.

images

Here is Micheangelo himself.
b68b48ded608ce7fe511532f8f8e1626.jpg

Would love your guys opinion, weather testosterone can affect the bump on the nose, so as to create a hybrid between the Grecian nose and Roman nose in men.

This thread has been viewed 349135 times.

Back